• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you/don't you believe in God?

EmmaRhiannon_x

Emma/19/Scorpio/Gay.
I personally don't believe in God.

& I want to hear why people do or people don't believe in God.

(I don't have time to write my answer yet - I'm running late for work, haha, but I thought I'd start the thread and then reply later! :) )

HonestJoe

To be honest I don't really know why I don't believe in gods - I just don't. I've heard lots of concepts for gods but none of them have convinced me. Whenever I approach the question logically, I reach a position of agnostic atheism and see no reason to think otherwise.

jmvizanko

Uber Tool
No reason to or to not. Although I think some arguments make me lean towards not, like why god doesn't cure some 3 year old with an excruciatingly painful disease. But in the end, who knows?

mjgpgh

I don't believe in the God I was taught about, but I do believe in gods, small g, false gods, and goddesses, such as, Isis, and Ra, and Saturn, and Horus, Anubis and others. I also believe in the one true creator energy, that which we are a part of, and is a part of us.

The Bible has been rewritten so many times, and added to, and taken from, all to serve a purpose, or agenda, to keep man from finding his true sources of origin, when fact of the matter is, we have always been, and always will be, we are infinite, our bodies are merely vehicles in this realm.

The book of Revelation is a metaphor that means much more than we are taught, it is about mankind awakening, nothing at all to do with Armageddon or the end of the world, and nothing to do with the Anti-Christ, we are the Anti-Christ, the word Christ, derives from the word Kristos, which is the pure white crystal light energy of our true being, once we are Pineal activated. Jesus was a man, just a man, but he knew how to connect with the Creator energy, and tried to teach man, and was persecuted for it. google "144 Cubits" to get a better Idea of all this.

Don't be a Sheep! Follow your own path, not one that someone said you should follow or there will be consequences ie: go to Hell

Midnight Pete

I *am* following my own path. And I consider myself a sheep with Christ as my Shepherd. I think you're tripping over your own message of rugged individualism, friend.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I do/don't believe in god because I have an image of "God" as both/neither existing/not existing.

HonestJoe

I don't believe in the God I was taught about, but I do believe in gods, small g, false gods, and goddesses, such as, Isis, and Ra, and Saturn, and Horus, Anubis and others. I also believe in the one true creator energy, that which we are a part of, and is a part of us.
The question wasn't what do you believe, it was why do you believe it.

mjgpgh

The question wasn't what do you believe, it was why do you believe it.

Ok, why do I believe it, well, there's too much evidence that suggests these gods exist, as there is too much evidence that suggests the Most High is our true creator.

I have been seeking the answers to our origins and such for the past ten + years, when I had my awakening to reality, look into the works of David Icke, Dr. William Baldwin, Zacharia Sitchin, Michael Cremo, Jordan Maxwell, Michael Tsarion, Robert Morning Sky, these are all researchers and authors with outstanding credentials, who are trying to get the truth out to the masses.

chinu

chinu

(I don't have time to write my answer yet - I'm running late for work, haha, but I thought I'd start the thread and then reply later! :) )

I don't have time to write my answer yet - I'm running late for MEDITATIONS, haha, but I thought I'd surely reply later!:run:

Dezzie

I'm kind of on the fence about Gods. Either the cosmos are arranged in my favor, or a God is looking out for me. I have no idea. A lot has come together in my life... so perfectly. I don't know why. It almost seems like something is there, holding my hand along the way... I just don't know what or who it is.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

For me:

- recognition that for every religion I've ever been exposed to, all the evidence I've ever seen has pointed toward it being man-made.
- no particular need to assume a god outside of religious claims.
- the fact that my godless worldview seems to fit what I observe very well.
- the fact that any worldview I've ever considered that included any sort of god seemed to fit what I observe much worse than my current, god-free worldview.

mjgpgh

If you truly want to know what is happening with religion, the world, the universe, what 2012 is all about, and how we got in to this mess I Invite you to visit THE RESISTANCE - THE CODE TO THE MATRIX - THE UNIVERSITY OF THE WORLD - WHOLENESS - IN THE KNOW

It is called the University of The World for a reason, it will help you to Innerstand who and what you are, and you will encounter only the friendliest of people, go to the site, read "The Code To The Matrix" ebook, then browse the site if you wish, a word of warning though, leave your gods at the door, they are not welcome!

Jake.

Freedom & Peace
Science to me has already proven that the Universe is vast and filled with tons of mysteries that we don't know what holds. I believe the Universe was already there to begin with and that we are maybe even in one Universe which is just even a little bubble of a million or billion more bubbles in this ocean we call space. The sense that a big magic sky man just randomly appeared and told everybody what to do and what not to do makes no sense at all to me. Science can prove that we did in fact evolve from the smallest cells the same way you put your finger on a petray dish and mould grows on it after a few days. We have no clue how long the universe has been here so we grew and grew until we slowly formed into what we are today. :) That's why I don't believe in God; it seems more logical to believe in something which has more sense.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Because there has to be something more impressive than God. I believe in the possibillity of God (although not the one most religions will tell us about) ,but that concept is just soooo boring.

And my main reason because I see this world working on its own. I see no reasons why a god is needed besides replacing "the start". If there even is one..

If there is a god, she must be so complicated/simple/impossible for us to imagine, that whatever concepts we hold, it's most likelly wrong.

Because the concepts we think of(can think of) look too much like human. I cannot understand why life would be important over non-life.

The only reason I can think of why I would believe in God is simply so that I can tell myself that I have an answer. Which I don't.

If I come up with more, I'll let you know.

Last edited: