• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Westerns force christmass on others

Happy days to U servant of the one1! :)

HappyDays3.jpg

Kirran

Premium Member
Yes go ahead wish everyone u want merry christmass. Iam not policeman lol

Iam just saying some other communities dont celebrate christmass at all.
For example if i was westerner/christian i would wish merry christmass people who might be considered christian/atheist(atheists celebrate christian holidays yet they disbeliever in god) by their appearances.

I suspect atheists of Muslim background often engage in Islamic holy days such as Eid al-Adha and al-Fitr because it's what their family does etc.

Plenty of Muslims do celebrate Christmas anyway, especially Western Muslims.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
In my country Dec 25 is a day off from most jobs or the employers pay extra. Some places pay double. Merry Christmas!

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
For example they know u are muslim or buddhist or whatever and still they tell u: merry christmass.
Well i dont want to be the badguy so i just say: happy days to u.
I avoid mentioning christmass.
A lot of people say "Happy Holidays" to include all of them. You can always answer that.

Imagine i say to non-muslim: happy eid day(eid mubarak).

He must be like: what the hell man, iam not muslim.
I wouldn't. People say "Happy Hanuka" and whatever and I just answer "You too!"

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I don't get the point of this thread. Isn't the virgin birth of Jesus a miracle in Islam as well which is why he's considered a prophet?

Reactions: MD

Milton Platt

Eid Mubarak or Blessed Eid (Arabic: عيد مبارك‎‎, Bengali: ঈদ মোবারক, Pashto: اختر مبارک‎, Persian/Urdu: عید مُبارک, Sindhi: عيد مبارڪ‎,Malayalam: ഈദ്‌ മുബാറക്‌, Somali: Ciid wanaagsan, Turkish: İyi bayramlar,Tamil: ஈத் முபாரக், Malay: Selamat Hari Raya) is a traditional Muslim greeting reserved for use on the festivals of Eid ul-Adha and Eid ul-Fitr. Eid means "celebration" and refers to the occasion itself, and Mubarak means "blessed"; for example, performing the Eid prayer. The celebration continues until the end of the day for Eid al-Fitr and continues a further three days for Eid al-Adha. However, in the social sense people usually celebrate Eid al-Fitr after Ramadan and Eid-al-Adha in the month of Dhul Haj (12th and Final Islamic month), greetings like "Eid Mubarak". Some state this exchange of greetings is a cultural tradition and not part of any religious obligation. However, it is only used during the celebration of the two Muslim holidays.

From Wiki.
Why do Islamists wish to push sharia law onto others???????????????

MD

qualiaphile
I don't get the point of this thread. Isn't the virgin birth of Jesus a miracle in Islam as well which is why he's considered a prophet?

They think it's all wrong though and they're sort of right. Christmas is a combination of Jesus' birth and pagan celebrations. To them the word pagan is horrible.

It's polytheism, haven't you learned that by now?

At Christmas people sacrifice trees to their gods and ask advent calendars for intercession. If you say Happy Christmas to someone you might forget what religion you are and end up accidentally worshipping a turkey dinner before the day is out. And don't get me started on the paper crowns and trinkets inside Christmas crackers which are clearly idolatrous.

A one way ticket to hell I tell thee...

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
They think it's all wrong though and they're sort of right. Christmas is a combination of Jesus' birth and pagan celebrations. To them the word pagan is horrible.

Heaven forfend that an Abrahamic religion should have Pagan roots. Good thing Islam has absolutely none of those :rolleyes:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
When i was sinner, i used christmass to hunt on women. Lots of parties and so on.

Yes its a social thing, but more religious.

Everyone of us is a sinner....
wishing every one a happy Christmas is an expression of love.
There is no reason to be selective about it.
Even Muslims respect Jesus and his teachings. Christmas is in remembrance of his birth.
No one should feel insulted by it.
How can Muslims feel insulted by others respecting the birth of one of their Prophets.

Moslems celebrate various events in the life of Mohammed which for many includes his day of birth.

Last edited: