• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do we Fear death?

Raahim

مكتوب
I doubt anyone genuinely thinks that. Krishna is eternal, the bhagavad gita his final revelation and this belief is more than enough. :)
No one is scared in the context of their religion. In a million years, I can never imagine any other deity being the actual true God other than Krishna.

I never questioned existence of Allah & I don't fear death but maybe I do fear dying. Does that make sense? :confused:

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
I never questioned existence of Allah & I don't fear death but maybe I do fear dying. Does that make sense? :confused:

You never questioned alah and I don't believe him as a God. Even while dying it will impossible to think on it again. Lol.
But no one, in my view, with a sane mind is scared of which God and religion he or she had picked.
That makes sense... Perhaps fear from the pain of death or something similar?

Raahim

مكتوب
You never questioned alah and I don't believe him as a God. Even while dying it will impossible to think on it again. Lol.
But no one, in my view, with a sane mind is scared of which God and religion he or she had picked.
That makes sense... Perhaps fear from the pain of death or something similar?

Possible, I would like to die in a dream rather than in war or in aeroplane crash, etc.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I meant that if God wants people to focus on life and procreation and we are programmed that way, why then out of nowhere give death?
Birth and death are two facts of life.
You said people are supposed to be focused on reproduction as they are programmed, but msny people naturally can't procreate.

Death is planned by the maker because if there's no death then there will be no place for the new comers.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Having died already in this life, experiencing an NDE and returning to a fulfilling life,
I do not fear death.

Shalom

Just pointing out that what he means is "clinically dead," not "legally dead." The brain still has neurons firing in this state.

The former is where a team of surgeons brings you back after your heart/most brain activity stops. This is normally within minutes.
The latter is where you die, your body starts decomposing and rigor mortis sets in. You don't come back from this.

Aquitaine

Many people, virtually all to be accurate... Believe that Death is something negative as it takes the people we love away from us.
But death is a natural end to all beginnings. What is created has to come to an end yet it seems we often cannot cope up with this idea.

So, why do most of us fear death?
Is it the fear of the unknown that one believes that he's given one life and he won't be able to enjoy himself ever again on this planet?
Or because of the supposed pain that most revieve while dying in an accident, by a heart attack, etc?
Or because one fears of judgment from their God or know that their bad karma will give them a lower birth like among animals, plants or insects?

We're hard-wired to survive at almost any cost, as part of our instincts: we literally evolved to fear death.

Aquitaine

Death is planned by the maker because if there's no death then there will be no place for the new comers.
Surely an all-powerful creator who resides in eternity could create an unlimited supply of habital worlds for all creatures to live and thrive on? ;)

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
Just pointing out that what he means is "clinically dead," not "legally dead." The brain still has neurons firing in this state.

The former is where a team of surgeons brings you back after your heart/most brain activity stops. This is normally within minutes.
The latter is where you die, your body starts decomposing and rigor mortis sets in. You don't come back from this.

Nah sorry, I was pronounced "Brain Dead " (massive open brain injury, basal, Frontal, and right zigoma.
... no neurons firing .. for 5 days until my parents arrived and refused my being used for other people transplants. machines were turned off and after clinical death i was being transferred to ward 13 (the morgue) I awoke on that trolley journey to the morgue.
when i returned.. I have my Death Certificate displayed on my office wall.
surgeons did not bring me back ! ..
Restorative surgery was not undertaken until a month had passed after reawakening, 5 days brain dead,
12 days initial coma, 3 days awake, 8 days second coma from meningitis, then surgery to repair 6 holes in
the dura and fit a plastic eye socket to replace the destroyed right socket, refit the basal plate and right temple bones....

Life insurance was cancelled as they read the death notice, and payment refused as i was standing in the office asking for it. !!!

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Surely an all-powerful creator who resides in eternity could create an unlimited supply of habital worlds for all creatures to live and thrive on? ;)

And we won't kill each others, actually the Angels themselves said that humans will gonna to destroy
earth and will kill each others.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Nah sorry, I was pronounced "Brain Dead " (massive open brain injury, basal, Frontal, and right zigoma.
... no neurons firing .. for 5 days until my parents arrived and refused my being used for other people transplants. machines were turned off and after clinical death i was being transferred to ward 13 (the morgue) I awoke on that trolley journey to the morgue.
when i returned.. I have my Death Certificate displayed on my office wall.
surgeons did not bring me back ! ..
Restorative surgery was not undertaken until a month had passed after reawakening, 5 days brain dead,
12 days initial coma, 3 days awake, 8 days second coma from meningitis, then surgery to repair 6 holes in
the dura and fit a plastic eye socket to replace the destroyed right socket, refit the basal plate and right temple bones....

Life insurance was cancelled as they read the death notice, and payment refused as i was standing in the office asking for it. !!!

If you were not decomposing and in or had gone through rigor mortis, you were not legally dead, only clinically. Not knocking what you experienced, but there is a difference. No one comes back after decomp/rigor.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So, why do most of us fear death?
Is it the fear of the unknown that one believes that he's given one life and he won't be able to enjoy himself ever again on this planet?
Or because of the supposed pain that most revieve while dying in an accident, by a heart attack, etc?
Or because one fears of judgment from their God or know that their bad karma will give them a lower birth like among animals, plants or insects?
None of these. It is attachment to one's progeny in my case. Want to see them grow, be happy, marry, have their own children, as far as I can. Surely, at one time it is going to end, but till then. You see, what is considered fun, joy, happiness - that changes with age. :)

Last edited:

Aquitaine

And we won't kill each others, actually the Angels themselves said that humans will gonna to destroy
earth and will kill each others.
Then redesign the humans to be less aggressive. Or place "impassable barriers" (;)) between the nations?

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Then redesign the humans to be less aggressive. Or place "impassable barriers" (;)) between the nations?

The design is still going on. Humans have evolved from animals just a few hundred thousand years ago.
We still have animalistic instincts within us that gets the best of us. However evolution on of the mind with the body will create a population which hopefully Will be less aggressive.
A trait of 2-3.5 million years... Will take a while to get rid of it. :)
God didn't create nations... As far as the eye can see, any living being should be able to travel there if he can.
The universe is ours
:)

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Death seems great. My fear is that there's going to be more bull**** after this bit, and that that one will be eternal. No. Just, no. What kind of monster makes you live through this nonsense just to dangle the promise of rest before you and snatch it out of your hands?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Killing is happening inside cities and even as close as your neighbors, barriers don't work.

As of designing human as not to kill means creating a programmed human beings that don't possess free will,
and that wasn't God's plan of creating humans, God wants humans with free will even though it has some disadvantages.