• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do we Fear death?

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Many people, virtually all to be accurate... Believe that Death is something negative as it takes the people we love away from us.
But death is a natural end to all beginnings. What is created has to come to an end yet it seems we often cannot cope up with this idea.

So, why do most of us fear death?
Is it the fear of the unknown that one believes that he's given one life and he won't be able to enjoy himself ever again on this planet?
Or because of the supposed pain that most revieve while dying in an accident, by a heart attack, etc?
Or because one fears of judgment from their God or know that their bad karma will give them a lower birth like among animals, plants or insects?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I believe we move up into spiritual life ....or fail all together
Not that I have ruled out reincarnation.....
but we can nothing by return to the physical in a lesser form

as for fear of death....that's just a reflex

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
It's the fear of the unknown, fear of pain, and fear of loosing the things and people we love. Even as someone who works intimately with death, the fear is still hard to overcome.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Why? Like, what's your goal and your approach?
Depends on what exactly I'm doing. Some of the goals include gaining a better understanding of how the dead interact with this world, what exactly happens after death, getting advise from the dead, communing with the dead, communing with death itself, learning to harvest, manipulate, and use death energy in all its forms, understanding the ways death manifests itself, ect. ect.

As for methods, isn't there an old saying that a magician never reveals her secrets? ;)

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Dying means losing everything you have done and earned. That's why people fear death. Everyone finds death sad, but to fear it is counterproductive. Death is inevitable to every living thing. Even the stars will die. As for judgement of God, that's their fault. They knew if they performed lesser actions they will get a lesser birth.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Many people, virtually all to be accurate... Believe that Death is something negative as it takes the people we love away from us.
But death is a natural end to all beginnings. What is created has to come to an end yet it seems we often cannot cope up with this idea.

So, why do most of us fear death?
Is it the fear of the unknown that one believes that he's given one life and he won't be able to enjoy himself ever again on this planet?
Or because of the supposed pain that most revieve while dying in an accident, by a heart attack, etc?
Or because one fears of judgment from their God or know that their bad karma will give them a lower birth like among animals, plants or insects?
Ever since my first out-of-body experience 42 years ago I have not had any fear of physical death. Now, at 60, I am concerned about a painful and lingering physical pre-death experience, but still have not a scintilla of fear about the end point itself - whatsoever. I am more than convinced that I already know what exists beyond that point. This is one area that I have almost absolute certainty of...

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
Ever since my first out-of-body experience 42 years ago I have not had any fear of physical death. Now, at 60, I am concerned about a painful and lingering physical pre-death experience, but still have not a scintilla of fear about the end point itself - whatsoever. I am more than convinced that I already know what exists beyond that point. This is one area that I have almost absolute certainty of...

I totally agree, and phrased far better than my feeble attempt above

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well we can't really find out what happens after death. But i find our scriptures as evidence.
Undoubtedly you would be greatly surprised what an individual can find out about what happens after death. It's really one of those "you have to be there" type things... Jus' sayin'...

Why trust the moldy thinking in a book when you can have the fresh intuition gained from direct experience? (That's coming from a former Vaisnava, btw...)

Last edited:

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Undoubtedly you would be greatly surprised what an individual can find out about what happens after death. It's really one of those "you have to be there" type things... Jus' sayin'...

Why trust a the moldy thinking in a book when you can have the fresh intuition gained from direct experience? (That's coming from a former Vaisnava, btw...)
Any stories to tell? ;)