• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do the gods hide themselves?

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
and then there are other miracles like:
Miracle of the Sun - Wikipedia

witnessed by over 30000 people, many of them communists and freemasons
Read the critiques of the events. I'd say that pretty well debunks it.

All entities that call themselves gods like Thor, Odin, Jupiter, Yahweh, Allah are little demons who have been locked up in the angel prison Tartarus.

They get spanked every day for being little naughty boys for playing their live simulation games with human lives. Humans got peeved off and the God of the Universe, picked them all up and clobbered them all into hell.

Criticizes various gods, uses a Greek afterlife. LOL.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I'll never understand why the gods hide themselves. How is that the loving thing to do? How does it help us? If it doesn't help us, what do you think their reason is for doing so?

If you believe in one God, why do you think he insists that we accept him by Faith? Why not give everyone clear personal messages from time to time? Why remain hidden? (It pisses me off! grrrr!! :mad:)

They have a very good reason for doing so. They do not exist, I suppose.

Look how simple my solution to that riddle is.

Ciao

- viole

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I'll never understand why the gods hide themselves. How is that the loving thing to do? How does it help us? If it doesn't help us, what do you think their reason is for doing so?

If you believe in one God, why do you think he insists that we accept him by Faith? Why not give everyone clear personal messages from time to time? Why remain hidden? (It pisses me off! grrrr!! :mad:)
Well, if gods did come down and talk to us, we would probably crucify them.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

The answer from my philosophical perspective is that God exists in the hearts and minds of all of us and God is not essentially an EXTERNAL thing to show himself as the OP question implies. We become closer to God by quieting our minds to the external noise that is our usual center of focus. I think the purpose of human life is through internal effort finding our God core, call it God-Realization, Self-Realization,

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The answer from my philosophical perspective is that God exists in the hearts and minds of all of us and God is not essentially an EXTERNAL thing to show himself as the OP question implies. We become closer to God by quieting our minds to the external noise that is our usual center of focus. I think the purpose of human life is through internal effort finding our God core, call it God-Realization, Self-Realization,
I agree with that

Spiderman

Veteran Member
In my experience, yes you can see, touch, feel a spirit--sometimes even smell, although I don't think I've ever tasted one...but that doesn't mean someone else hasn't. Not all spirits are "God" or "gods," however...
I envy your abilities... You have a son who can see faeries right?

Repox

Truth Seeker

We would not hear from them if they don't exist. If there is only one God, perhaps He doesn't want anything to do with us. My personal view is God has assume a policy of nonintervention. The reason is God requires obedience to His Commandments, and humans don't obey.

siti

The early Buddhist scriptures state that the worlds lower than a deity's own heaven are extremely offensive to their senses. Much like a cesspool of excrement would be to us on our human plane; few of us would find it appealing to dive into it, in an attempt to communicate with its creatures of lower sentience.
We'd definitely notice the few that do though - and they'd make a significant impression on the denizens of the cesspool, I shouldn't wonder!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I've had too many coincidences happen that make it appear God is involved in my life, and studied too many miracles to ever believe that...but I do sympathize with those who do believe such a sad premise

Err...I know you meant it kindly, and I'm not offended, but I have no need for your sympathy. My beliefs appear to cause less cognitive dissonance than yours causes you...

Akivah

Do you really want an all-powerful entity sitting on your shoulder zapping you for every mistake you make? I think North Koreans live under a similar situation and no one wants to live like them.

Akivah

Well, if gods did come down and talk to us, we would probably crucify them.

And the nation that saw G-d all together and committed themselves to be a light unto the world, have been crucified, killed, banished, and prosecuted ever since.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Do you really want an all-powerful entity sitting on your shoulder zapping you for every mistake you make? I think North Koreans live under a similar situation and no one wants to live like them.
To a certain extent, yes...if it was done lovingly