• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do some people leave religiousforums?

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Why do some people leave religiousforums.com?

I love this forum. I will never leave.

But what are the reasons some decide to leave?

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
There’s a lot less variety of religions nowadays, and there’s less activity in the DIRs now that only the people pertaining to those religious beliefs can contribute to the DIRs.
I hope the DIRs will be open to everyone soon, like it was before. There is very little activity there now, yes

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
I hope the DIRs will be open to everyone soon, like it was before. There is very little activity there now, yes

I prefer that the DIR forums are not open to everyone. As a member of the Dharmic Religions DIR, I want to interact with other Hindus, for example, without non-Dharmic people asking random questions, trying to debate with us, or even posting things to insult our religions. I like having a space for Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, and Jains. People who don’t adhere to those religions can ask questions and debate elsewhere.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe

Well, someone who came here stated: "I came for religion and stayed for the comedy." This place if frequented a lot by agnostics and atheists, and there is a lot of cantankerousness based on the grounds of "logic" versus "superstition". You have to have a certain amount of fortitude to endure the climate of discussion, and as a theist you sometimes feel like an exotic. I have written that this forum has not brought out the best at least in me, despite its claim to promote "friendly" and "civil" discussion. :rolleyes:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

There's more to life than perusing internet forums. ;0]

Personally I think topic redundancy might play a role, some people are intimidated by attitudes and strong responses, others rage quit perhaps, or they just want a change of scene and just like to start over with a brand new avatar and voice.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I've never thought about leaving so I don't know.

But it do know one guy took a moderation badly and hasn't been back.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I probably haven't been here long enough to notice why so many depart, but from what I have noticed, many seem to be on a mission to convert or proselytise their particular beliefs (so naughty too), and as noted, there is a sufficiently large enough contingent here who are atheist or agnostic, so perhaps when they see not much chance of success they tend to move on. Apart from the naughty ones who get banned or perceive bad treatment, sulk, and then depart. :eek: