• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do Some Doubt The Deity of Christ?

M

Majikthise

I don't believe in Jesus because I am an atheist.I don't beleive in any deity.I do believe religion creates a large number of drones that drone on and on and on and on and on and on.......................

Master Vigil

Iris, ever heard that the best criticism comes from outside your little circle? I mean, if you believe a certain way, and only surround yourself with people who believe the same, your knowledge will never expand. It may expand onto itself, only learning more about what your already know, but it will not broaden and perhaps let you realize that you may be wrong. If you write a poem, you may think it is great, but constructive criticism is hard to take. But the majority of the time, it helps people look at themselves from an outside point. I have yet to see you do this. You keep going to your same sources, on "your" side of the argument. Why not do research on the other side, you never know, the grass may be greener.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
iris89 said:
FIRST, I never said Moses authored Genesis a decade before Exodus. It was NOT authored a decade before the Exodus.

iris89 said:
Now, following are all the books of the Old Testament with their name given first, then who was the main writer of the book [some few books having had very minor parts written by others], approximate time for the completion of the Bible book, and in most cases the location it was written at clearly showing those with their pseudo-knowledge do not know of what they speak. But then they are NOT interested in learning anyhow:

Genesis - Moses - 1513 B.C.E., written in the Wilderness.

Exodus - Moses - 1512 B.C.E., written in the Wilderness.

Leviticus - Moses - 1512 B.C.E., written in the Wilderness.

Numbers - Moses - 1473 B.C.E., either written in the Wilderness or Plains of Moab.

Deuteronomy - Moses - 1473 B.C.E., Plains of Moab.

- see Discourse on Who and When The Bible Was Written and Who Was Its Author

iris89 said:
With respect the exact date of its writing and the exodus of the Jews from Egypt there is a degree of uncertainty ranging from 1,500 BC to about 1,400 BC.

- see Post #63
Let's see now: 1513 BCE is before 1500-1400 BCE ...

iris89

Hi Everyone

So what are you trying to show? Okay, I made a type and will correct, so what! This is nothing to carry on about. I have never claimed infallibility and do NOT claim to be such a great typist as never to make a typo.

Being so petty as to make anything over a typo is in my opinion absurd.

Your Friend in Christ Iris89

anders

iris89 said:
Hi anders
I have no idea what you are talking about when you say,

I think you may be confused as I have given no critical analysis of any Sura of the Quran. I have only done critical analysis of some scriptures of God's (YHWH's) word, the Bible.
Let me rephrase it: So what did you mean by your post #21? Isn't that a piece of Qur'anic exegesis? Whatever you may call it, you posted utter rubbish.

And you still, despite numerous challenges, have not managed to even hint at some factual proof for your claims regarding the authors of the Bible and/or the correctness of your quoted dates of composition.

iris89

Hi Anders

I do not have any idea with respect what your problem is or what my post #21 was, but obviously if you reach back to such an early post when my post are now over two hundred, you are obviously grasping at straws over what I do not know.

Also, what does any of this have to do with the subject of this thread? I can see no connection to it.

M

Majikthise

iris89 said:
Hi Anders

I do not have any idea with respect what your problem is or what my post #21 was, but obviously if you reach back to such an early post when my post are now over two hundred, you are obviously grasping at straws over what I do not know.

Also, what does any of this have to do with the subject of this thread? I can see no connection to it.

All right you guys! I know I'm a new guy but this joke has gone on long enough!Iv'e figured out that this is actually a repeating computer program with delusions of it's own superior ideas,so you can shut it down.:D

Enough ok? guys?? :confused: GUYS!?!?!?!? :eek:

linwood

anders said:
And you still, despite numerous challenges, have not managed to even hint at some factual proof for your claims regarding the authors of the Bible and/or the correctness of your quoted dates of composition.
I hope you don`t believe you`ll be able to converse with Iris.

She doesn`t discuss, she just posts links to poorly researched essays and directs you to them.

When you have a question about the content of the essay she posts a link to another poorly researched essay and directs you to it.

Ad infinitum.

Please don`t expect her to support or defend her essays.

:rolleyes:

chris9178

ahem.... I think he was talking about post #21 in this thread......

iris89

Hi Everyone

I am NOT a computer program, but an excellent independent Bible researcher.

I know of what I speak and do NOT voice opinions, but well researched research products.

iris89

Hi Linwood

I answered, but there was not any substance in her post to really respond to.

linwood

Substance, no substance what does it matter you answer nothing.

So what did you mean by your post #21? Isn't that a piece of Qur'anic exegesis? Whatever you may call it, you posted utter rubbish.

And you know this to be true based on what ?
(When you stated "Some forget that the Bible is the Standard that our creator provided for all of mankind to live by and to know about him. He inspired faithful men to act as his scribes to put the thoughts of God (YHWH) into the words of men.")

Also the Gospel of Thomas does not cover Jesus's boyhood.
In reply to you stating it does..it does not)
I find it odd that you would judge a text when you have not even read it.
What this shows me is that you have not done your own research but parrot the agenda laced writings of apologetics.
Not very impressive

Provide evidence of the divinity of the canon.
(Any student worth a damn knows they cannot use the subject of inquiry to provide evidence for the inquiry.)

These are just a couple I`d like to see answered but this thread is riddled with questions and inquiries about your research that you`ve left unanswered.

I honestly don`t see why Pah & Deut continue to post to this thread considering they both have a history of conservative posting usually only to topics that deserve their attention.

"She who knows everything, learns nothing."

Pah

Uber all member
iris89 said:
Hi Everyone

I am NOT a computer program, but an excellent independent Bible researcher.

I know of what I speak and do NOT voice opinions, but well researched research products.

Sounds like iris could be a relative of kbc

cardero

Citizen Mod
I think the concern you are having regarding this topic seems to be literature related. I have a Bible that claims to be inspired from GOD. This Bible was authored several years ago was written in English (so there aren’t any translation misunderstandings), the author is alive today and can be reached for questioning, yet the “facts” that this entity claiming to be GOD is proclaiming are quite different then the ones listed in THE STANDARD BIBLE. This author and the entity claiming to be GOD are not encouraging some self serving agenda nor does this author have an established religion based on this material. In this Bible the author states (not of his own opinion but of the Truth that that this entity claiming to be GOD speaks of) that:

Did Jesus exist? He most certainly did. Was he the messiah? No. Jesus was (and I want YOU and everyONE to REMEMBER this) just a man. Can you gain salvation believing in him? No. No other person has the power to bring salvation to another. The salvation one person seeks comes from within himself/herself. Was Jesus perfect? No. Jesus made mistakes. Did Jesus die for our past regressions? No. No one can excuse you from your challenges. That forgiveness, that sense of peace and living CORRECTLY, must come from within you. Did Jesus die for humanity? It would seem that way. He died because he LOVED humankind. Jesus did not have to die this way. Did Jesus die because it was MY will or something I had preordained? No, I did not choose to send him down to Earth, nor was it MY choice to have him crucified. Did Jesus
K(NOW) he was going to die? In the end he did.
Jesus knew better, that's ALL he did. He knew better. Jesus was just a man. Jesus was a man who knew better.

HELLO IT'S ME: An Interveiw With GOD
Chapter: Jesus the Christ
Page: 73

Even the GOD of this Bible clearly does not believe Jesus to be a deity. Who are we to believe? You have two books both claiming to be written with and through GOD yet have totally different facts. Now there are some people who have not had any assistance in forming their own opinion that Jesus was not a deity, which I think is where you are getting you differing opinions. It is almost inevitable that a debate will ensue concerning the researched material that you have been presenting because some people have their own Bibles and some of these Bibles have a very special meaning for each individual.

Scott1

** MOD POST **
This thread is in the BIBLICAL debate forum..... if your comments about this question are not related to the Bible, they are off topic and will be deleted.

Scott

Faust

isis89 said:
Why Do Some Doubt The Deity of Christ?
In the old testament the messiah is supposed to be a direct descendant of David.
The book of Matthew 1:1 states The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. And gives the lineage of Abraham through David and up to Matthew 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
If Jesus is the son of God and the messiah, then why is his lineage traced to Joseph?
If he was Josephs son the lineage is correct, but then that discounts the virgin birth and son of God bit.
If he is not the son of God, then is he a deity?
Faust.

iris89

Hi Everyone

FIRST, One poster wrongly claims I have not read the Gospel of Thomas which is not true as when I was in Bible school I read many of the Apocrypha, but that was years ago and I being human do NOT remember all, only a computer does.

For details on the Apocrypha and other items, go to:

Bible Canon & Bible Data

http://www.network54.com/Forum/388559

SECOND, This forum is about the Deity of Christ and not everything else.

THIRD, wITH respect my post #21, I do not remember which this was since if you will note I have since then posted over 200 post, so stop being absurd and ridiculas.