• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do some Atheists say Christianity is harmful?

Eddi

Christian Agnostic
Premium Member
Thats not being very mature.
I have nothing against God
You can reject God all you want, and he wont force you to heaven. But in the end that also means you will never feel his love again, if you dont repent.
I do not reject God I reject your God concept, big difference

And I know God loves me, he is active in my life and I need no multi-billion dollar corporation of control freaks and outright scoundrels to help me get closer to him

Orbit

I'm a planet
Ask yourself, is it truly love? Or is it just lust? Or does he like you because maybe youre rich etc.?

Im not sure. Either way this "love" isnt permited according to the Bible, and i dont want to draw Gods anger on me, so i try to not act on it.
What's wrong with lust? It's just a word to describe sexual desire. One of the problems with religion is that it defines natural human biological urges as "sinful". So add that to my list.

Look, i know how hard it is to overcome homosexual desires. I get it. Its not easy. But is short term pleasure really worth long term misery? Personally i dont think so.

Also i dont do this just because of fear of God, but because God saved my life and im now indebted to Him forever.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Look, i know how hard it is to overcome homosexual desires. I get it. Its not easy. But is short term pleasure really worth long term misery? Personally i dont think so.

Also i dont do this just because of fear of God, but because God saved my life and im now indebted to Him forever.
Look, I'm really happy that you found what you needed. But you need to understand that it is not your place to force your "solution" onto others.

I know loads of gay couples who have been together for decades

You just made that up!

Bearing false witness, I believe you call it

I think you just haven't found the right guy yet

And your threat of eternal torment for disagreeing with you had been noted and my estimentation of you has gone down some more

Dont you understand, that i cannot stretch Gods mercy too much? That eventually i will die. And i will be held accountable for all my sins. So its wise to avoid sins as much as possible.

Also God saved my life, wouldnt it be disonest to just then say, well you saved my life, but i dont feel like following you?

No, i will have to live celibate until i die.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Well you tried to dechristianize society, and people got angry about it. Now im not saying you personally did that, but Jews never liked christianity. And no it doesnt have to do with history, they hated it before.
Where to even begin here? I'd love to discuss with you how I have no idea what the hell you are talking about, but the more pressing question would be:

HOW THE **** DOES ANY OF THAT JUSTIFY KILLING JEWS?

Where to even begin here? I'd love to discuss with you how I have no idea what the hell you are talking about, but the more pressing question would be:

HOW THE **** DOES ANY OF THAT JUSTIFY KILLING JEWS?

They usually werent killed if they assimilated. Is it justified? Well, lets say no society can tolerate too much deviancy or subversion. But yes sometimes mobs killed innocent jews, and i do not under any circumstances condone that, however mobs did that, not the church.

Eddi

Christian Agnostic
Premium Member
Dont you understand, that i cannot stretch Gods mercy too much? That eventually i will die. And i will be held accountable for all my sins. So its wise to avoid sins as much as possible.

Also God saved my life, wouldnt it be disonest to just then say, well you saved my life, but i dont feel like following you?

No, i will have to live celibate until i die.
That sounds really bleak and miserable, you are living in a condition of fear and self loathing, that much is obvious

It's sad

And I don't think you actually have anything to fear or any reason to hate yourself

And that's what makes it very sad

That sounds really bleak and miserable, you are living in a condition of fear and self loathing, that much is obvious

It's sad

And I don't think you actually have anything to fear or any reason to hate yourself

And that's what makes it very sad

My Guy, people suffered way more for Christ, for Truth, they were martyred slaughtered killed, cooked alive, burned, flailed, tortured in any ways you can think of.

And you think going celibate for Christ is suffering? Oh no my friend, those martyrs were real heroes, im nothig against them. And yes i see suffering for a greater cause as a positive thing.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I know loads of gay couples who have been together for decades

You just made that up!

Bearing false witness, I believe you call it

I think you just haven't found the right guy yet

And your threat of eternal torment for disagreeing with you had been noted and my estimentation of you has gone down some more

I advise you not to get riled up at the OP's responses to your posts or to other members' posts. You know as well as I do that the threats of hell are nothing more than fearmongering tactics and that they should be discarded as nothing more than empty threats. I think it's quite possible that the OP is a troll, or perhaps it's a sock account of a disgruntled banned member. If that's the case, then the staff will deal with this person accordingly. Peace to you, Eddi.

I advise you not to get riled up at the OP's responses to your posts or to other members' posts. You know as well as I do that the threats of hell are nothing more than fearmongering tactics and that they should be discarded as nothing more than empty threats. I think it's quite possible that the OP is a troll, or perhaps it's a sock account of a disgruntled banned member, and if that's the case, then the staff will deal with this person accordingly. Peace to you, Eddi.

Why is suffering for God even a bad thing? Like do you really think suffering is always bad? Personally i like suffering if it leads to purification.

Eddi

Christian Agnostic
Premium Member
theres no such thing as same-sex love, and you cant convince me otherwise, its a myth to justify grave evil.
Of course there is, you just don't call it love and have a very, very ****ed-up idea of love and sex anyway

You deny reality, how dare you presume to tell people in loving relationships that there is no love in those relationships!

Such proud and ignorant arrogance

How dare you!

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
I advise you not to get riled up at the OP's responses to your posts or to other members' posts. You know as well as I do that the threats of hell are nothing more than fearmongering tactics and that they should be discarded as nothing more than empty threats. I think it's quite possible that the OP is a troll, or perhaps it's a sock account of a disgruntled banned member. If that's the case, then the staff will deal with this person accordingly. Peace to you, Eddi.
Provided us with a bit of entertainment I guess... Novelty wore off though
I'm sure the troll is having fun...