• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do people make children?

Watchmen

Premium Member
Listen...if everybody stopped making children, Capitalists should start tilling the soil themselves, because they cannot employ the elderly...

It's the plain truth. Capitalists need slaves to exploit, that's why they benefit from overpopulation.
Ridiculous. You’d rather have Mussolini back.

Ponder This

Which is lame. It's like trying to have an orgasm with someone else's gonads. This is exactly the sort of rationale that turns children into objects that are owned by their parents, because they see their children as an extension of their own bodies.
I'm not familiar with this particular argument that because people have orgasms, parents own their children. Can you elaborate?

Or maybe those who don't procreate consider themselves spiritually satisfied. ;)
And don't need to create more human beings to give life a meaning.
Perhaps they do think of themselves as spiritually satisfied.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I'm not familiar with this particular argument that because people have orgasms, parents own their children. Can you elaborate?

That's not what I have said though. I said that trying to accomplish things through one's descendants is like trying to have an orgasm through someone else's gonads. In other words, it can't be done. Those accomplishments are not yours, just like that orgasm.

Colt

I mean....if we exclude the millionaires or the billionaires, well, they can assure a future to their children.
What about the rest? ;)
Proletariat, Middle class. Why do they make them?
They procreate, making children who will have to undergo the parents' impositions, who will basically have no freedom, and once adults they will have to succumb in shark-infested waters. Because there are voracious sharks, that is wicked people who victimize the weakest. Only the fittest survive in capitalistic economies.

Well...I have discovered Anti-Natalism, lately...but I identify as a overpopulation believer and I am 100% convinced that all the problems we have on Earth are caused by too many people on Earth.
So I would like to understand why people do anything to have children.

It's something absolutely avoidable. There is contraception. :)

Please...only serious replies, merci beaucoup. ;)
The sex drive tricks us into making babies!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The sex drive tricks us into making babies!
You know...my best friend is considered the trollop of the village.
Because nympho is too little to define her...the right term is trollop.
She had sex with many many men out of fun. But never got pregnant.

Kfox

In Italy there are 25 million women in fertile age.
According to your thought, at least 13-14 million of them are parents of babies.
No...of course not.
According to statistics, there are not 14 million women with babies.
So out of the 25 million women in Italy, how many of them have/had children?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You know...my best friend is considered the trollop of the village.
Because nympho is too little to define her...the right term is trollop.
She had sex with many many men out of fun. But never got pregnant.

The birth control pill is a godsend eh?

Kfox

Listen...if everybody stopped making children, Capitalists should start tilling the soil themselves, because they cannot employ the elderly...
What do you mean by "start" tilling their own soil? Most capitalists started off tilling their own soil, it is only after they become very successful do they get in a position to hire other people. Do you have a problem with that? If so, why?
It's the plain truth. Capitalists need slaves to exploit, that's why they benefit from overpopulation.
Most capitalists live in countries that do not allow slavery.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Babies? Or children..
If I told you that 16% of Italians are underage...
it means that 9.6 million are teenagers.
Which means 6-8 million are children.
Which means that out of 25 million women in fertile age, 6-8 million make children.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So I would like to understand why people do anything to have children.

For me the twins were nothing but greed i wanted to have a child so i could feel myself a woman. I was double lucky having twins.

For the youngster it was a completely different scenario, i was raped. And although i would defend any woman's right to have an abortion i will not have one myself. As it happens she completes me and is loved just as much as the twins.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If you enjoy sex that much who cares about reputation.
Especially if you are smart, and use precautions.

I mean...I know a former colleague who has two degrees who got pregnant just like that. After meeting a stranger.
...who turned out to be a violent father.

Very smart, indeed.

Last edited:

Ponder This

That's not what I have said though. I said that trying to accomplish things through one's descendants is like trying to have an orgasm through someone else's gonads. In other words, it can't be done. Those accomplishments are not yours, just like that orgasm.
Okay... you made an analogy. Does this mean that you aren't trying rebutt an argument (#strawman?) that parents own their children?
I thought you said that
This is exactly the sort of rationale that turns children into objects that are owned by their parents, because they see their children as an extension of their own bodies.
Perhaps you can elaborate less on your analogy to orgasms and elaborate more on the "rationale" that "turns children into objects that are owned by their parents".