• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do homosexuals and transgenders force religious people to accept them?

Servant_of_the_One1

As muslim i should have the freedom to denounce homosexuality and believe that it is something evil.
Iam not calling for the death of homos, lesbians and transgenders.

Servant_of_the_One1

And, they are free to denounce you as evil. You don't have to accept them, but it might do a world of good if you tolerate other people's right to their own conscience more gracefully.

They have the freedom to believe that.
I believe in live and let live. I denounce homosexuality but i wont dictate how people should live their life.

gsa

It feels like compulsion. Specialy in the West if you dont accept homosexuality you are seen as outcast, as cave person.

Unfortunately no, we have yet to reach the point where anti-gay bigotry is treated as the wretched monster it actually is. Hopefully, that day will come. In the interim known as the present day, there are a number of Western political parties that denounce homosexuality and work actively against the rights of LGBT people. Unfortunately for you, those some homophobic instincts tend to support xenophobia.

If the West truly wanted to penalize Muslims for their beliefs in the way that you describe, they would treat Muslims the way so many Muslim societies treat their religious minorities.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It feels like compulsion. Specialy in the West if you dont accept homosexuality you are seen as outcast, as cave person.
The big problem I see is when people who see homosexuality as evil drive public policy to harm them. If these beliefs are kept within the religious community, & not forced upon unwilling members, then it's more acceptable. But deny them the right to marry, to serve in the military, or other such infringements, & there will be fervent opposition.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Regarding transgendered people, Islam teaches that Allah doesn't hold people accountable for what is outside their control. I'm pretty sure you understand that as a Muslim, so I'm going to link an article about gender dysphoria for you to read and consider the plight that many transgendered people face as a result of something that they can't control:

Gender identity disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dave_

Why muslims execute homosexuals or every nonmuslim?The answer to this question is your answer.

gsa

Well that's a start...

The problem with the fundamentalists is that they believe their decision not to endorse state murder of LGBT people (or religious minorities, heretics, cohabiting couples, etc) is some sort of concession, when it is no concession at all.

I do not advocate the violent murder of fundamentalists. Is that some sort of concession on my part? Of course not.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
As muslim i should have the freedom to denounce homosexuality and believe that it is something evil.

You are free to believe what you want. If you are free to believe that prophets can get a taxi service to Heaven in the form of a winged horse, I suppose the sky is the limit, so to speak.

Iam not calling for the death of homos, lesbians and transgenders.

How very thoughthful.

Ciao

- viole

Servant_of_the_One1

The big problem I see is when people who see homosexuality as evil drive public policy to harm them. If these beliefs are kept within the religious community, & not forced upon unwilling members, then it's more acceptable. But deny them the right to marry, to serve in the military, or other such infringements, & there will be fervent opposition.

Where i live(for private reasons i wont tell) there are some ignorant muslims who abuse homosexuals. I condemn that.
However the country leaders force literally upon muslims to accept homosexualty. And that goes against our religion. We believe homosexuality is sin. So they are forcing us to accept sin??

Christians gave in too much. Now they are having Gay Priests.
They want to do the same with muslims. Gay Imams, mosque where gays visit. Its crazy.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Where i live(for private reasons i wont tell) there are some ignorant muslims who abuse homosexuals. I condemn that.
However the country leaders force literally upon muslims to accept homosexualty. And that goes against our religion. We believe homosexuality is sin. So they are forcing us to accept sin??
They're forcing you not to be savages towards them, be it physical or verbal abuse.

Congratulations you condemn violence against human****ingbeings. So thoughtful.

averageJOE

zombie
What do you mean by "accept"?