• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do christians think Adam and Eve were the first two people?

psychedelicsoul

God made man in the first chapter and told them to be fruitful and multiply... as in... mankind existed in the first chapter of genesis... However, Adam was not created until the second chapter... Adam couldn't have be the "man" spoken of in the first chapter cause god said, "Be fruitful and multiply"... So obviously God made men and women before Adam since Adam can't multiply with himself.

I figured this out easily back when I was a christian just through reading the bible. However, most Christians seem to think all of humanity came from two people.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
God made man in the first chapter and told them to be fruitful and multiply... as in... mankind existed in the first chapter of genesis... However, Adam was not created until the second chapter... Adam couldn't have be the "man" spoken of in the first chapter cause god said, "Be fruitful and multiply"... So obviously God made men and women before Adam since Adam can't multiply with himself.
I figured this out easily back when I was a christian just through reading the bible. However, most Christians seem to think all of humanity came from two people.

Please keep in mind there are two (2) creation accounts in Genesis taken from two different viewpoints.:
* Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 2:4 describes creation and all in creation.
* Whereas Genesis 2:5 to Genesis 4:26 concentrates on the creation of the human race and mankind's downfall into sin.

Also, Please notice the 1st account is constructed chronologically divided into 6 consecutive ' days ', so to speak.
The 2nd account is written in the order of topical importance.

In other words, Genesis chapter 2 adds some details which do Not conflict with chapter 1.
Genesis 2:5 just takes up at a point in the 3rd creative day or time period - Genesis 1:9-13 -which adds something in addition to the account.

It seems that it is Not you, but that your religious teacher who did Not make clear to you about the two differing accounts or viewpoints, or perhaps he did not have enough reading comprehension due to lack of instruction from his English teachers.
Whatever the case, someone failed you even if it was through no fault of their own.

Gospel writer Luke had access to the public Jewish ancestral records located at the temple in Jerusalem.
Please note what those records say at Luke 3:38 about Adam. No one at that time disputed those public records.
Those ancient genealogical records start at 1 Chronicles 1:1. Please notice who is named first.

BenTheBeliever

In the begging was the word and the wird was good. God created adam in his image. He did not want him to be alone so he created Eve.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In the beginning was the word and the word was good. God created adam in his image. He did not want him to be alone so he created Eve.

And the reason God did Not want Adam to be alone was that God had a purpose in mind: to populate the earth - Genesis 1:26-28
We are purposed by God to all of us be descendants of Adam and Eve.
Before us, God already created the angels to live in heaven - Job 38:7
The reason God did Not create us in heaven is because God's purpose - Psalms 115:16 - is that we live forever on earth.
So, from Adam's beginning: physical creation is to remain here on earth - Proverbs 2:21-22
That is why Jesus talked about who would inherit the earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:11; Psalms 37:29 - inherit earth forever.
People do Not turn into angels. The majority of mankind, most of earth's population, will have a healthy physical resurrection.
That takes place during Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental rulership over earth. - Psalms 72:8; Psalms 72:12-14
Some few people who rule with Jesus - Revelation 20:6 - will be resurrected to heaven as holy ones (saints) but Not as angels.
Mankind in general will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' - Revelation 22:2 - for the healing of earth's nations.

Jensen

Has anyone considered that there were two creations of mankind? The first was creation of humans that were to fill the earth with offspring, but that Adam and Eve were the first of the chosen that parented those that were to be God's chosen people? The Chosen people that Jesus was one of? Those that God made covenants with in the OT?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Has anyone considered that there were two creations of mankind? The first was creation of humans that were to fill the earth with offspring, but that Adam and Eve were the first of the chosen that parented those that were to be God's chosen people? The Chosen people that Jesus was one of? Those that God made covenants with in the OT?

God's promise was to chosen Abraham that ALL families and ALL nations of earth would be blessed through the promised ' seed ' (offspring ) of Genesis 3:15 ( Jesus). Jesus is the one who will fulfill God's promise of Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18. Fulfilled under Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental rulership over earth - Revelation 22:2 - when mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on earth.

There are two accounts of creation from two different views
The 1st describes creation, heaven and earth and all in them - Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 2:4
The 2nd account concentrates on the creation of the human race and its downfall into sin - Genesis 2:5 to Genesis 4:26

The 1st account is constructed chronologically divided into six consecutive ' days ' or time frames with No mention as to how long each creative day was or even if being of the same or differing time lengths.

The 2nd account is written in the order of topical importance for us adding some details ( which do Not conflict ) but takes up at a point in the 3rd creative day. All created before day 7 which is still on going in our day or time frame as we await for Jesus, as Prince of Peace, to usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.

nazz

Doubting Thomas

I don't

leibowde84

Veteran Member

I'm with you, buddy. Genesis is not meant to be taken as history. It's allegory.

Rapha

Initially God of the Universe created neanderthal people in Day 6.

Everything was going perfect until the Annunaki turned up and spliced human DNA with their DNA thus transforming neanderthal people into slaves.

Enki (Lucifer) gave the neanderthal people intelligience thus the Apple of Knowledge.
Enlil calls himself god and happily floods the planet when mankind rebelled against slavery regime.

The Annunaki have rigged the Bible to fit their needs. They havn't got the balls to include in the bible what happened before they landed on this planet. If they did, there would be rebellion against the current elite who love the annunaki and archons.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That's veering dangerously close into racializing it.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

Chapter 2 is a recap of chapter 1.

Read Genesis 3:20...."After this Adam named his wife Eve, because she was to become the mother of everyone living"

rusra02

Premium Member

The Bible clearly teaches that God "made out of one man every nation of men." (Acts 17:26) That "one man" was Adam. (1 Corinthians 15:22,45)
I believe Genesis chapter 2 merely supplies details and expands on what was stated in chapter one. They are not accounts of different events.