• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Athiest spend so much energy on something they don't believe in?

Jeremiah

what is "Jtartars"

I edited that part out. But this is a Jtartar....

Sonic247,
Since atheists have nothing to live for, since they believe that this life is all there is, they are not satisfied just to let people believe in God if they want to. Many Atheists believe that since they have nothing to live for, they want to destroy other people's hope. You see, many atheists are not only atheists they are also, what is called APOSTATES, meaning they want to draw other people away from their belief in God.
Atheists do not really understand what they are doing, because anyone who tries to stumble another out of the faith is setting himself up for everlasting death in the Lake of Fire, Matt 18:6,7, Rev 20:14,15, 2Pet 3:14-18.

Peacewise

ah I see, Jtartar is a human. Thanks for the clarification. Here I was thinking from your sentence structure that a Jtartar was merely an object, glad to see that you have edited that tripe out.

Jeremiah

ah I see, Jtartar is a human. Thanks for the clarification. Here I was thinking from your sentence structure that a Jtartar was merely an object, glad to see that you have edited that tripe out.

I was referring to it as an object, and I didn't edit it out to spare any feelings.

Sententia

Sonic247,
Since atheists have nothing to live for, since they believe that this life is all there is, they are not satisfied just to let people believe in God if they want to. Many Atheists believe that since they have nothing to live for, they want to destroy other people's hope. You see, many atheists are not only atheists they are also, what is called APOSTATES, meaning they want to draw other people away from their belief in God.
Atheists do not really understand what they are doing, because anyone who tries to stumble another out of the faith is setting himself up for everlasting death in the Lake of Fire, Matt 18:6,7, Rev 20:14,15, 2Pet 3:14-18.

Nothing to live for because this life is all there is? Threat of damnation? Gehenna? Seek to destroy hope?

The suicide zealots feel that in order to secure their afterlife goodies that this life is worthless except to secure said goodies. You have a twisted sense of reality or do you not see people killing for religion every day?

I don't see atheists sacrificing the only life they think they have merely to depress you. :D

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Nothing to live for because this life is all there is? Threat of damnation? Gehenna? Seek to destroy hope?

The suicide zealots feel that in order to secure their afterlife goodies that this life is worthless except to secure said goodies. You have a twisted sense of reality or do you not see people killing for religion every day?

I don't see atheists sacrificing the only life they think they have merely to depress you. :D
True. The best way to depress a religious person is to live your life as is and do better than them lol.

Peacewise

Let me attempt a break down of why you get a laugh Jeremiah, and why I am saddened... my comments inside ()'s

"Since atheists have nothing to live for = (poison the well logic fallacy), since they believe that this life is all there is, they are not satisfied just to let people believe in God if they want to = (illogical conclusion for the supposition of "this life is all there is")."

"Many Atheists (qualification with "many" a worthwhile thing to do) believe that since they have nothing to live for =(incorrect assumption, many atheists may not believe this - believing instead that life is worth living for), they want to destroy other people's hope = (provides incorrect reasoning for the conclusion)."

"You see, many atheists are not only atheists they are also, what is called APOSTATES, meaning they want to draw other people away from their belief in God." = (true within the context of the believers view point)

"Atheists do not really understand what they are doing, because anyone who tries to stumble another out of the faith is setting himself up for everlasting death in the Lake of Fire, Matt 18:6,7, Rev 20:14,15, 2Pet 3:14-18."

Perhaps a person who holds that anyone who tries to stumble another out of their faith, should allow themselves to accept the view point that atheism is an atheists faith, despite that an atheist may shy away from that term due to its religious implications, - and that for a theist to attempt to stumble an atheist out of atheism is for the theist to try to stumble another out of their faith, and hence the theist himself by his own logical reasoning is setting himself up for everlasting death in the Lake of Fire. - (reasoning for answering from their view point is in proverbs 26:4-5.)

And perhaps just as a side note...
... and the scorners delight in their scorning.

reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

a scorner seeketh wisdom, and findeth it not: but knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth.

a soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest.

Jeremiah

Let me attempt a break down of why you get a laugh Jeremiah, and why I am saddened... my comments inside ()'s

"Since atheists have nothing to live for = (poison the well logic fallacy), since they believe that this life is all there is, they are not satisfied just to let people believe in God if they want to = (illogical conclusion for the supposition of "this life is all there is")."

"Many Atheists (qualification with "many" a worthwhile thing to do) believe that since they have nothing to live for =(incorrect assumption, many atheists may not believe this - believing instead that life is worth living for), they want to destroy other people's hope = (provides incorrect reasoning for the conclusion)."

"You see, many atheists are not only atheists they are also, what is called APOSTATES, meaning they want to draw other people away from their belief in God." = (true within the context of the believers view point)

"Atheists do not really understand what they are doing, because anyone who tries to stumble another out of the faith is setting himself up for everlasting death in the Lake of Fire, Matt 18:6,7, Rev 20:14,15, 2Pet 3:14-18."

Perhaps a person who holds that anyone who tries to stumble another out of their faith, should allow themselves to accept the view point that atheism is an atheists faith, despite that an atheist may shy away from that term due to its religious implications, - and that for a theist to attempt to stumble an atheist out of atheism is for the theist to try to stumble another out of their faith, and hence the theist himself by his own logical reasoning is setting himself up for everlasting death in the Lake of Fire. - (reasoning for answering from their view point is in proverbs 26:4-5.)

And perhaps just as a side note...
... and the scorners delight in their scorning.

reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

a scorner seeketh wisdom, and findeth it not: but knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth.

a soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest.

Kinda of got a stick up your backside, don't ya?

Peacewise

plausible - but I find that a person who would state your last statement "Kinda of got a stick up your backside, don't ya?" as a response to a reasoned and rational discussion, is not getting the point of...

"As being is to becoming, so is pure intellect to opinion. And as intellect is to opinion, so is science to belief, and understanding to the perception of shadows." - Plato/Socrates

Thanks for expressing your opinion... which of cause was merely an ad hominem, but I shouldn't even tell you that for it isn't reasoning you are here for, despite that it's a general religious debate thread, for you its for lol's.

"I hate when I meet a girl, I'm trying to get to know her, and she's like, 'Oh, you can just Facebook me.' b e i t c h, my face is here right now!"

" This pope was born on the 16th of April, making him an Aries, compatible with both Sagittarius and Leo. But, of course, Jesus was famously a Capricorn, meaning that this pope is incompatible with Jesus. Not my findings, the findings of science. Don't get angry with me, Catholics. Go get angry with Galileo. Oh, you already did. " - I do so get a laugh out of the juxtaposition between religion and astrology in this one.

"A lot of people don't like bumper stickers. I don't mind bumper stickers. To me, a bumper sticker is a short cut. It's like a little sign that says, 'Hey, let's never hang out.' "

yeh - thanks for the bumper sticker platitudes, let's never hang out.

Jeremiah

plausible - but I find that a person who would state your last statement "Kinda of got a stick up your backside, don't ya?" as a response to a reasoned and rational discussion, is not getting the point of...

"As being is to becoming, so is pure intellect to opinion. And as intellect is to opinion, so is science to belief, and understanding to the perception of shadows." - Plato/Socrates

Thanks for expressing your opinion... which of cause was merely an ad hominem, but I shouldn't even tell you that for it isn't reasoning you are here for, despite that it's a general religious debate thread, for you its for lol's.

"I hate when I meet a girl, I'm trying to get to know her, and she's like, 'Oh, you can just Facebook me.' b e i t c h, my face is here right now!"

" This pope was born on the 16th of April, making him an Aries, compatible with both Sagittarius and Leo. But, of course, Jesus was famously a Capricorn, meaning that this pope is incompatible with Jesus. Not my findings, the findings of science. Don't get angry with me, Catholics. Go get angry with Galileo. Oh, you already did. " - I do so get a laugh out of the juxtaposition between religion and astrology in this one.

"A lot of people don't like bumper stickers. I don't mind bumper stickers. To me, a bumper sticker is a short cut. It's like a little sign that says, 'Hey, let's never hang out.' "

yeh - thanks for the bumper sticker platitudes, let's never hang out.

You really need to work on sentence structure.

Peacewise

Thanks for the tip.

I assert that my sentence structure is more suited to a religious debating thread than your liking religion for the LOL's.

Jeremiah

Thanks for the tip.

I assert that my sentence structure is more suited to a religious debating thread than your liking religion for the LOL's.

I assert that you need to read more carefully.

Sorry, dude, but I am going to have to put you on ignore.

emiliano

To all atheists, may I ask a question? Have you ever observed the behaviors of your follower?
I have and think that it is very much like a religion, they have their books and cite their prophets and book (taken as sacred) just as we Christians cite from our sacred book. They preach their gospels just as we preach ours.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
To all atheists, may I ask a question? Have you ever observed the behaviors of your follower?
I have and think that it is very much like a religion, they have their books and cite their prophets and book (taken as sacred) just as we Christians cite from our sacred book. They preach their gospels just as we preach ours.
Many scientists and great thinkers are atheists, why wouldnt they publish books?
However the notion that atheists take these books as sacred is nothing more than a word play. atheists do not go to church evey sunday in order to listen to the gospel of Dawkins or the gospel of Hitchens.
I'm an atheist and I have never even read the books you talk about. im well aware of the popular books Dawkins wrote about religion, but as far as im concerned they are not meant for people who are already atheists, instead I read what he writes on what he does best: biology. so no, im an atheist, and have not read 'The God Delusion' or 'God is not great'. but I am amused by the way some people are terrified of these books to the point of calling them sacred and elevating the writers to prophethood.

Last edited:

Sirktas

Magician

For many of us the only thing we have in common is a disbelief of an omnipotent deity or deities.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Atheism is nothing at all like a religion; atheism is the lack of religion. The only thing sacred to an atheist is life, and there are no rules to follow in order to be an atheist. All it takes is to not believe in any god. Telling someone that you think they're wrong is hardly preaching a gospel to them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

We have prophets? Why don't other atheists tell me these things?!?!
I do have a sacred book - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Our gospel is better than yours in one way, though. Yours is very
complex, with many beliefs & rules. Ours is simple - no gods.
But preaching? Our gospel is just an opinion. Yours is inerrant "truth".

emiliano

Many scientists and great thinkers are atheists, why wouldnt they publish books?
However the notion that atheists take these books as sacred is nothing more than a word play. atheists do not go to church evey sunday in order to listen to the gospel of Dawkins or the gospel of Hitchens.
I'm an atheist and I have never even read the books you talk about. im well aware of the popular books Dawkins wrote about religion, but as far as im concerned they are not meant for people who are already atheists, instead I read what he writes on what he does best: biology. so no, im an atheist, and have not read 'The God Delusion' or 'God is not great'. but I am amused by the way some people are terrified of these books to the point of calling them sacred and elevating the writers to prophethood.
im well aware of the popular books Dawkins wrote about religion, but as far as im concerned they are not meant for people who are already atheists,

I hate to tell you but this isn’t true. They do gather to preach and here in Australia the preachers were: The 2010 Global Atheist Convention

Melbourne, Australia

12-14 March at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
Presenters will include: Richard Dawkins, Catherine Deveny, Phillip Adams, Taslima Nasrin, Peter Singer, PZ Myers, Dan Barker, Stuart Bechman, Sue-Ann Post, Kylie Sturgess, John Perkins, Tamas Pataki, Max Wallace, Russell Blackford, Ian Robinson, AC Grayling, Robyn Williams, Simon Taylor, NonStampCollector and Craig Reucassel and Julian Morrow (The Chaser). In addition, a panel of women chaired by Maggie Millar will feature Lyn Allison, Tanya Levin, Leslie Cannold and Jane Caro.
http://www.atheistconvention.org.au/
Book sell and donation collections were part of their event.
The introduction of the prophet was: "The enlightenment is under threat. So is reason. So is truth. So is science … We have to devote a significant proportion of our time and resources to defending it from deliberate attack from organized ignorance …"
Richard Dawkins, author of The God Delusion
Introduction to the Richard Dawkins Foundation
He seems a bit paranoid to me, what do you think? What about the promised that atheism will make smarter/enlighten?