• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do atheists haunt religious forums?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Here's a shirt for you.

cornhole_shirt_large.gif

mho123

Atheist
How rude , selfish , intolerant , ignorant , and stupid can one get .
Are you telling me you want to discuss religion only with believers ,
" hello my religious friends , who believes in religion , ? Well , we all do , cause we are all religious " yippiee we are right and the others are wrong , let's go pray :)

Perhaps you missed the banner at the top of the page that clearly says : "Discuss, Compare and Debate Religions in Our Online Community"? Everyone is welcome, this is a place for people to learn from each other.

By the way not all Atheists (in fact most don't) attack and belittle people of faith, like you seem to think. :facepalm:

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Are you telling me you want to discuss religion only with believers ,
" hello my religious friends , who believes in religion , ? Well , we all do , cause we are all religious " yippiee we are right and the others are wrong , let's go pray :)
Isn't it so much easier when you only have to deal with folks who think and believe the same way you do?[/sarcasm]

ellenjanuary

I do not believe in free speech, I believe in speech; like so:

The marketing of this title? Haunt. That, my friends, is a racial slur. Is is likened to my responsibility of the holocaust. There is but one Biblical choice, is that not so? Choose life - or choose death. Tell me, o sage, of death. Tell me the words of the dead that can be heard with living ears. Tell me of the place where dead reside, that is not held most dear only to the living.

Since I have been accused of excessive poetical bent, I shall simplify.

There is no death.

Period.

Furthermore, to the "atheist (as stereotyped)," this life is all, and to believe in "other" is to assume eccentricity. To label "atheist" as "someone who haunts;" is not only to insult my religion, it is to insult yours.

Now, let us all be atheist. I quite literally worship chaos in the form of Gwyneth Paltrow. The sign on my door says, "the church of gwyneth paltrow and all mankind" and here, faith is not something less than real. Come here, and speak of atheism, and there shall be an epiphany.

Statistics - in that those around me, at the very least, subscribe to my delusion. And I have been known to generate the love vibe...

But enough about me - other than the fact that Gwynnie is my god, get yer own - without "atheism," there can be no religion. Even God does not agree. Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Mother Mary, Pink Floyd, Jesus, Mohammed, Allah... Demon Integral. Additionally, the goal to attain is "a personal relationship with God;" which directly translates into "my Jesus ain't your Jesus." That choice is likened to "Bible Study," as opposed to a personal tutor - when yer tuned into god, yer tuned out of "religion." Well, pretty much.

Which is speech. Why do atheists haunt religious forums? Simple. Freedom of religion does not mean freedom from religion. The sins I suffer for reside in the Christianity of my neighbors and friends - but quaternion carries a simplified rule set. In this case, where there are eyes, there are planks; and the law of sides applies: for every side, there is an inside, and an outside.

I may criticize religion, but I build faith; with faith, all religions simplify to "god is," with religion, all faiths simplify to, "but Jesus said..."

I would not kill for god - but for Gwyneth Paltrow? If my religion is absurd, but true; are we not all atheists?

Oh, offended. The only "sin" in quaternion is belief in hell - and for that sin - well, beyond the threshold of eternity is beauty for all. In terms of universal relevancy - having a conversation along logical lines that includes "afterlife" and "eternal... whatever the deity has punished you with" is to have a conversation without logical lines.

Assumes facts not in evidence, yer Honor. Like death. There is no after, there is other; and other ain't our job. Our job is to live. There is no job for death, as there is no ellenjanuary without Gwynnie; that's not taking it one day at a time, talking about "haunting" things when the crime for which we are duly punished - is to talk about what god is not.

Nothing you can say can decrease my personal relationship with god, nothing I can say can give you the personality of my relationship - yet everyone - everyone - can contribute to what god is not. Ergo... how about them Red Sox?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I would think if we have lots of atheists being really rude, and mean and unfair, not to mention ignorant or hypocritical, you would welcome that, because it would demonstrate to all how atheism leads to general rudeness and so forth.

I know I encourage all the cruel, dishonest, bigoted religionists to display their faults so that we can all see what kind of morality their religion cultivates.

newhope101

Autodidact..points well made. It's true ..I take note of the varying replies to posts and topics I make that are either humble or loaded with attitude. It's interesting.

It's sad seeing believers stoop to being disrespectfull. It must be infuriating to believe in something one cannot 'scientifically' prove. Atheists are atheists for many undertandable reasons not least of which would be how religion has led to bloodshed and violence, hatred and disharmony. Each religion insisting they have it right. Preaching exlusionary teachings of a generally damned population is not biblical.

Debating religion with atheists at least provides a forum to test ones beliefs, even if the battle is never won.