• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do atheist believe something can come from nothing?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
text
For example, you open Hebrew written Genesis, pick every 49 th letter. Every Hebrew latter can be represented by shadow of human hands with light behind. Then you 'tai chi' that pattern of every 49 letter, that type of meditation, it sends a person and a deep repeatable trance. Then, numerology, there I'm another level(s)of understanding based on numerology, literal text composed to satisfy numerology first, and so on...

If you say so, there are so many different codes, it seems that every edition of the Torah has is own secret code . Which one do you use?

leov

Who wants to be with the crowd; I like abnormal. I don't like popular music, I enjoy diversity; if you say atheism is abnormal; that suits me fine,
It looks like many people are ok with intuition part of their brain dead.

leov

If you say so, there are so many different codes, it seems that every edition of the Torah has is own secret code . Which one do you use?
I do not think that there were to many editions of Torah. It was not a secret code for mystery school. I use none, not proficient in Hebrew and to lazy to train myself, Torah was designed to be read by initiated in old times, written by those who knew for those who properly studied subject.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I do not think that there were to many editions of Torah. It was not a secret code for mystery school. I use none, not proficient in Hebrew and to lazy to train myself, Torah was designed to be read by initiated in old times, written by those who knew for those who properly studied subject.

There are a few, the original scrolls and various reprints. Also there are spelling variations between them so guess what, any code based on set number spacing will fall over at the first spelling variation.

sooda

Veteran Member
Ahh, right. Its coded to say just what you want it to say?

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

It dont look coded to me, it looks very much like it says 'the earth was without form, and void;'. But i could be wrong, what is the uncoded version?

FYI
Void : completely empty.

I.e. nothing, no atoms, no light no quantum material... Nothing

Edit
BTW, the bible is not even a pretend science book

Its poetic... it was never intended as science.

leov

Look up Nachmanides, old rabbi, he translated it this way (my paraphrasing): only thing God created ex nihilo was a particle of matter with a blueprint of everything that to become built in it.

leov

It says what it says. If one wants to interpret it poetically then it can mean anything the reader wants... Ahh religion.
It was written by initiates for future initiates, not for Gideon Bible use. Modern ignorance cheapens a lot of old wisdom.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I don't t think they know for sure, copying was strictly controlled, even with changes they could easily maintain the letter patterns.

Ok, the rabbi is wrong about what he has spent his life studying.

The things about using different letters, the big thing is,they are different letters.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It was written by initiates for future initiates, not for Gideon Bible use. Modern ignorance cheapens a lot of old wisdom.

And? Are you saying the bible does not say what it says in the bible

leov

Ok, the rabbi is wrong about what he has spent his life studying.

The things about using different letters, the big thing is,they are different letters.
May be of may be not. Look up Stan Tenen. Letters represent the same objects or actions from the beginning.

A Vestigial Mote

POTUS is a head psychopath, Imo.
Which is a comment made so that you can pretend you actually answered to the point I made. The point that displayed how your line of thinking about atheism being "abnormal" as some strike against was complete and utter garbage.

A Vestigial Mote

How is wiggling your hip and singing about girl's panties abnormal? particularly by hip hop standards.
Hopefully your comment was in jest. If not, the explanation for my comment was that I was making an appeal to numbers (and the relative rarity of a thing) like @leov did - to try and make him realize how dumb his point was about atheism somehow having a strike against it for being outside the norm.

Audie

Veteran Member

How does you or me or the man behind the tree know
the original intent?
The word or concept of "science" as now did not
exist.
But I bet those guys, like any tribal people knew
basic science pretty well. Look how people learned
every use of every plant. Testing and recording
results! Etc.

I think they described how the world formed as
their best understanding, as proto-science.

(have you ever read Lucretius, on the nature of the
universe? VERY worthwhile! )

But anyway, the fact is that those bible-writers
got a lot of things profoundly wrong, as did Lucretius.

And that is ok; except for that the Roman poet
was not claiming god exaplined infallible truth to
him to write down.