• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Didn't God Leave Huge Quantities of Secular Evidence For Jesus?

Muffled

Jesus in me
"Nearly all historians accept that Jesus existed, and standard historical criteria have aided in reconstructing his life. Scholars differ on the beliefs and teachings of Jesus as well as the accuracy of the details of his life that have been described in the gospels .." Historicity of Jesus - Wikipedia

I believe scholars tend to speculate a great deal. I like dealing in facts and for me that means the Bible.

Skywalker

"Nearly all historians accept that Jesus existed, and standard historical criteria have aided in reconstructing his life. Scholars differ on the beliefs and teachings of Jesus as well as the accuracy of the details of his life that have been described in the gospels .." Historicity of Jesus - Wikipedia

Speculation about Jesus is because people don't want to accept that they are sinners in need of a Savior. People try to say that Jesus was a good man or a prophet because they don't want to believe in repenting, but there's so much evidence that Jesus is real that you can't outright deny it. People who try to say that Jesus was a yogi take Bible verses out of context. Was Jesus A Yogi Who Taught Yoga? | Reasons for Jesus

I was a teacher of Kundalini Yoga at four universities in Florida, so I am very aware of the various yogic practices designed to carry devotees to higher levels of consciousness. I am now a follower of Jesus, a believer in the biblical worldview. So, I have experienced both sides: theoretically, theologically and experientially. As a yoga teacher, I often proposed to my students that Jesus was just another yogi—for He taught men and women how to be “yoked with God,” and how to experience “union with God.” I even tried to reinforce this claim by quoting Jesus’ famous invitation:

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest to your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 MKJV)

When Jesus said, “Take My yoke on you” in essence, He was saying, “Come into union with Me—learn to think, feel, act and react just as I would.” He also prayed in John 17 that His disciples would be one with the Father, just as He was. So, oneness of heart, union with the Almighty, was an emphasis in Jesus’ preaching and ministry. This is the primary goal of yoga too—so what’s the difference?

Oneness with God within philosophical Hinduism is based on pantheism (All is God) and ultimately involves a realization we are Divine; we are God in manifestation. It means embracing the idea that Atman (the soul) and Brahman (the Oversoul) are actually one and the same. There is no difference. Any separation we feel, according to that worldview, results from delusion. So, the goal of yoga is overcoming that delusion by experiencing undifferentiated union with God.

Skywalker

Where does it say that? It looks like it is only church tradition.

It doesn't take away from evidence that Paul was persecuted. Paul had nothing to gain by being a Christian. He was a follower of the law of Moses and thought that he was doing God's work by punishing Christians who he thought were blasphemers, because his devotion to the law blinded him to the truth. Paul’s Radical Conversion To Christianity | Reasons for Jesus

3. Pauls willingness to suffer and die for Jesus
Thirdly, Paul lived his post-conversion life with a willingness to suffer and be persecuted for the message of Jesus. This is quite the dramatic change considering that his pre-conversion life had him persecuting and killing Christians. Not only did Paul suffer abuse, persecution, heartache, and isolation but he was also later martyred. On several occasions Paul was incarcerated, while other times he endured beatings (2 Cor. 11:24-27).

Skywalker

Here's what your link said in #2040:

Bartholomew: There is no information concerning his death, not even by tradition

So now why do you change and state he was persecuted. And what source are you using for that? The link said there isn't even tradition to base this on.

This doesn't change the evidence that he was persecuted for his faith in Jesus.

Bartholomew: There is no information concerning his death, not even by tradition

Anything from 2000+ years ago is hard to provide evidence. To those alive back when it happened it may have been quite clear. How would one prove things anyway? I do believe that some people have had spiritual experiences in this generation & is definitive evidence of a higher power. But most people are skeptical of anything that doesn’t fit in their box.

Skywalker

Sorry, but it only says: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”.

That verse refers to Jesus being the Word. It talks about his divinity. The word Trinity isn't used in the Bible but the Godhead is. Colossians 2:9 uses the term Godhead. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.