• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Didn't Adam Write Anything?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Abram said:
he didnt have to. moses came after the flood and he was the one God choose to start the Bible. besides you wear his words on your heart.

How do you know? (prepare yourself for an immature question) Were you there?

Abram

Abraham
Buttons* said:
How do you know? (prepare yourself for an immature question) Were you there?
There both immature?:rolleyes: I think the fact that we have a Bible today is all the proof you need. Maybe the fact that Moses came after the flood would be a good reason, or maybe the fact that Moses and God hung out on top of a mountain together, or maybe I'm not answering the question your asking?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Abram said:
There both immature?:rolleyes: I think the fact that we have a Bible today is all the proof you need. Maybe the fact that Moses came after the flood would be a good reason, or maybe the fact that Moses and God hung out on top of a mountain together, or maybe I'm not answering the question your asking?

I'm in a silly mood, forgive the stupid questionS. :D
Well, mostly I just want to know what everyone thinks about Adam writing something down, anything that would be tangible today for those who believe in the literal translation of the OT. When I read the OT, it the writing style is varied, IMO. I dont think that Moses actually wrote the penatouch(SP?), although he may have been the one to compile the texts.

But, no, this question is about Adam...

Abram

Abraham
Buttons* said:
I'm in a silly mood, forgive the stupid questionS. :D
Well, mostly I just want to know what everyone thinks about Adam writing something down, anything that would be tangible today for those who believe in the literal translation of the OT. When I read the OT, it the writing style is varied, IMO. I dont think that Moses actually wrote the penatouch(SP?), although he may have been the one to compile the texts.

But, no, this question is about Adam...
That would explain the constant, how do you know? question. But like Soyleche wrote, we'll have to bring them up with him. As far as proof of anything in the Bible, you won't find it. God made it very clear that we must focus not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temperary, what is unseen is eternal.
You know Jesus never wrote anything?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Abram said:
You know Jesus never wrote anything?

Yes, I did. Like i've said before, I have my own theories on the ENTIRE subject, including Yeshua. This thread isnt to push my mind, it's to open everyone elses. *smiles*

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Buttons* said:
How do you know what good is if you dont know what bad is?
Easy, stick to that which gives you pleasure. Identifying wrong from right is irrelavent. Concepts can be grasped without identyfing things. They knew the tree was a big NO. That was enough to have them have a basic understanding.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Victor said:
Easy, stick to that which gives you pleasure. Identifying wrong from right is irrelavent. Concepts can be grasped without identyfing things. They knew the tree was a big NO. That was enough to have them have a basic understanding.

I agree that some concepts can never be grasped...
If the only experience you've ever had is pleasure though, how can you know what it is? You wouldnt know because you dont understand the alternative.

... unfortunatley, this topic should be moved to a different thread, cause this is talking about why Adam never wrote anything down.... OR if he did, why we dont still have it...

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Buttons* said:
I agree that some concepts can never be grasped...
If the only experience you've ever had is pleasure though, how can you know what it is? You wouldnt know because you dont understand the alternative.

... unfortunatley, this topic should be moved to a different thread, cause this is talking about why Adam never wrote anything down.... OR if he did, why we dont still have it...
Your right....let me get someone to help me move it.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Victor said:
Your right....let me get someone to help me move it.
Do I take it you want a new thread about "if he did why haven't we seen any of it ?" - sorry a bit confused. Victor, or Buttons please PM me.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I think the whole premise of this thread is us searching for "the answers." the question, "Why didn't Adam write anything?" is not a question based in anthropology. I think we all know that, (assuming there was an actual "Adam"), he would have existed before written language had been invented. The real issue we're after here is: We want some written proof that Bible stuff really existed -- we want answers.

For the most part, we're looking in the wrong place. spirituality always raises more questions than it answers. Religion isn't designed to give pat answers. Religion is designed to bring understanding and meaning -- not facts.

A

angellous_evangellous

Buttons* said:
If you lived without evil, you would not know what good is. You must experience pain to understand pleasure...
I disagree completely.

It just occured to me that if Adam had actually existed and had a language and wrote something down, it would be a miracle if it were preserved.

I'm movin on to greener pastures. :jam:

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
angellous_evangellous said:
I disagree completely.

It just occured to me that if Adam had actually existed and had a language and wrote something down, it would be a miracle if it were preserved.

God can do everything! He could preserve that text, and Jewish people are amazing record keepers, they would have found a way... IMO

AE said:
I'm movin on to greener pastures. :jam:

I think that's a good idea....I'm sorry this debate is going nowhere...