• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Didn't Adam Write Anything?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Buttons* said:
If you could find holy books that weren't in the "original" canon of the Bible, would you read them to help understand God better?

Maybe there were, but surley Adam and Eve would have been credited for having written something!
That's why one of the articles of faith of the LDS Church is We believe the Bible to be the word God as far as it is translated corrected, we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God"

This means we believe that things were taken out of the Bible and things were changed.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Buttons* said:
If you could find holy books that weren't in the "original" canon of the Bible, would you read them to help understand God better?
Absolutely. I'll take truth from whatever source it may come to me.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Didnt mean to lead yall off topic there... So Adam could very well have written something down and we'd never know it, but wouldnt God have preserved that bit of his own history or protected it for the prophets like Moses and whoever?

Aqualung

Tasty
Buttons* said:
Yes.

Buttons* said:
Maybe there were, but surley Adam and Eve would have been credited for having written something!
Once again, maybe they were given credit, but that part hasn't made it into the bible, either.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Buttons* said:
Didnt mean to lead yall off topic there... So Adam could very well have written something down and we'd never know it, but wouldnt God have preserved that bit of his own history or protected it for the prophets like Moses and whoever?
True, true. Moses may have gotten it, where else would he have gotten the story of the creation? :) God's reasons are sometimes unknown, sometimes he takes things away and we haven't the slightest idea why. That's where a lot of LDS doctrine comes in, I believe.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Aqualung said:
Once again, maybe they were given credit, but that part hasn't made it into the bible, either.

Possibly, but something THAT monumental i doubt would be left out!

Bishka

Veteran Member
Hehe. Think about buttons, all the LDS are saying, yes, we would read something not in the Bible, and yes, it may not have made it in there. :) Tee-hee, I just thought that interesting, don't mind me.

Aqualung

Tasty
beckysoup61 said:
Hehe. Think about buttons, all the LDS are saying, yes, we would read something not in the Bible, and yes, it may not have made it in there. :) Tee-hee, I just thought that interesting, don't mind me.
LOL!! What if, in addition to the records of adam and eve, there was also a record of people crossing the ocean to the americas?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Aqualung said:
LOL!! What if, in addition to the records of adam and eve, there was also a record of people crossing the ocean to the americas?
Seriously. The Catholic church(not to be rude) and other churches took out a lot of things out of the bible. And think how many versions of the Bible there are today. Think of how much has really been taken out.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I think anything written by the founders of a whole species would be pretty damn important. Monumental, maybe not, but important nonetheless. I should have known better than to ask that one question about things being left out of the Bible. Dur on me. *sigh*

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Buttons* said:
I think anything written by the founders of a whole species would be pretty damn important. Monumental, maybe not, but important nonetheless. I should have known better than to ask that one question about things being left out of the Bible. Dur on me. *sigh*
I'm sure it was very important, but 6000 years is an awfully long time ago.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Aqualung said:

that would certainly be something... :eek:

i should have known better than to direct that sort of question to the members of the LDS church

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Katzpur said:
I'm sure it was very important, but 6000 years is an awfully long time ago.

2000 is pretty long, not NEAR as long as 6000, but we've got stuff from a long time ago... (boy do i sound smart... :bonk: )

eve+christ=mary+joseph=christ+god=adam+eve=cain and abel....
christ was,christ is,christ will be,cain altars humanities sins,abel altars humanities virtues/love.
makes any since,that kinda explains how the bible works..in a weird yet possible way.

SoyLeche

meh...
Just thought I'd let you know one of the reasons the LDS people are coming to Adam's defence. LDS scripture does mention that writings of Adam did exist at one point.

Moses 6: 5-8

5 - And a book of rememberance was kept, in the which was recorded, in the language of Adam, for it was given unto as many as called upon God to write by the spirit of inspiration;

6 - And by them their children were taught to read and write, having a language which was pure and undefiled.

7 - Now this same Priesthood, which was in the beginning, shall be in the end of the world also.

8 - Now this prophecy Adam spake, as he was moved upon by the Holy Ghost, and a geneology was kept of the children of God. And this was the book of the generations of Adam, saying: In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

9 - In the image of his own body, male and female,created he them, and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created and became living souls in the land upon the footstool of God.