• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did you leave christianity?

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I left christianity because they do not believe in reincarnation. I also left christianity because I believe in omnism. The belief that no religion is the only truth, but that truth is found within them all. I also did not like the trinity belief.

Why did you left christianity?

Tamino

I left christianity because they do not believe in reincarnation. I also left christianity because I believe in omnism. The belief that no religion is the only truth, but that truth is found within them all. I also did not like the trinity belief.

Three reasons.
- the deep-seated patriarchal principles
- the concept of sin and salvation
- the fact that no one answered my prayers (I spent a lot of time trying to connect with this god... But the connection I felt as a child slipped away as I grew up and never returned)

PearlSeeker

I stopped believing because theology is based on myths and legends. However, I didn't leave the community.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Because I realized it made no rational sense. The entire salvation thing, for instance, is a logical train wreck.

Ciao

- viole

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I left christianity because they do not believe in reincarnation.
this is untrue. some christians do believe in reincarnation.

the word regeneration is the english equivalent of palingenesis; which was the ancient word for todays term, reincarnation.

i never left christianity. love isn't exclusive to any one religion, culture, race, ethnicity, gender, sex, age, et al.

john was the resurrection in a different age of the spirit once before named elijah.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It is arguable whether I ever joined or left.

In any case, around the time I was 16 or so (1985) I realized that it was not proper to call me a Catholic or a Christian. But it was not very easy to point that out to other people without risking some ill feelings. Still isn't.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Same here as to not really joining Christianity and being more about something handed to me by my parent(s). To me all religions seem to come from and be created by human thinking and most likely with no input from anything divine, so nothing personal as to what I might think of any particular one - but we all have different experiences of such things. So it wasn't anything in particular that caused my disbelief but a whole load of such things that I just couldn't accept as being true or as to representing reality.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I could not reconcile their beliefs, tenets, and dogma with my own worldview. It started with a debate with a nun in a second or third grade CCD class about whether or not animals have souls and could go to Heaven and snowballed from there.