• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why did they want to crucify jesus

Seven777

this thing makes no sense, why God needs Crucifixion of his son for forgiving human beings?

The Roman Rulers fabricated this jesus story to create a chilled out peace loving messianic leader so that they could quell the constant uprisings of warrior messiahs who were causing them problems and rebellions.

If they could create a story of a messianc leader who would tell the jews to pay there taxes to Roman emperor and be peace loving then things would be easier for them.

they understood by controlling there religious document they could control the jews. So they wrote a new section called the new testament.

it was marketed by roman emperor financing - The Flavian family.

the story of the christ is stolen from the old solar mythologies. The cruxifiction represents the SUN on the Cartesian cross North West East South - the cross.

Jesus was not God because he didnt not exist. The real God is the SUN God and he is very real and he re-created everything. He is here on earth in Human form. He will be a big promoter of renewable energy in particular Solar Energy. He will take away the concept of sin from the world.

outhouse

Atheistically
The Roman Rulers fabricated this jesus story to create a chilled out peace loving messianic leader so that they could quell the constant uprisings of warrior messiahs who were causing them problems and rebellions.

There is nothing anywhere that gives that paragraph a bit of credibility.

The Roman rulers sought out to kill the early members :facepalm:

free spirit

So I was searching the internet for an answer to this question.

Why there was a need to crucify Jesus peace be upon him.

Couldn't they just have just killed him.

According to what I found, it all begins with Jesus peace be upon him saying that he came to fulfill the law.

According to the law, everything that is crucified would be cursed.

Deuteronomy 21:23 His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

So being able to crucify Jesus peace be upon him would disprove who he was because if he did come to fulfill the law, he can't be cursed by that law.

This is a video that explains it

Thoughts please on that and especially on why do you believe they wanted to crucify Jesus.
Please let me answer a few questions.
1) Why there was a need to crucify Jesus?
2) And did God played a part in His crucifixion?
3) Why Jesus had to fulfil the Law?
4) What benefits we derive from the sinless death of Jesus?

we read in Matthew 26:42: “He went away again a second time and prayed saying, ‘My father, if this cannot pass away unless I drink it, Thy will be done.’”
As we read the above verse we can be forgiven if we think that God’s will was for Jesus to be executed, and if we think that, then the high priest was only doing God’s will, and if that is so we should also be screaming, “Crucify, crucify Him!” Therefore it is in the interest and integrity of our faith to understand God’s will from the high priest’s will, because those two wills appear to be intertwined but in fact they are separate and distinct.
The important thing to understand for the sake of our holy faith is that God’s foreknowledge allowed Him to use the evil deed of the high priest for his own purpose, but He (God) had nothing to do with bringing it about, otherwise the high priest would no longer be acting alone or by his own free will.
We all know that the high priest’s will was to have Jesus put to death by execution, for we read in John 11:48-50: “’If we let Him go on like this, all men will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation.’ But a certain one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, ‘You know nothing at all, nor do you take into account that it is expedient for us that one man should die ................. and that the whole nation should not perish.’”
The above verses make the reasoning and intention of the high priest clear. He is mainly afraid that his influential position and the Jewish religion will be abolished by the Romans because they all thought that if Jesus was not stopped, eventually the entire congregation would believe in Him and there would be no longer any need for their office and their religion (or nation.) In a nutshell we can confidently say that the high priest had Jesus put to death so that his influential office and the Jewish religion could continue its existence.
By that knowledge alone we now understand that Jesus’ execution was solely the will of the high priest and his associates and God had nothing to do with that decision. Nevertheless, He did not interfere to save His Son or alleviate His sufferings. At this point we all should ask ourselves, why Jesus had to pay for our sins with His life? The answer is found in Matthew 5:17, for Jesus said, “Do not think that I came to abolish the law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfil.”
We know that all the prophecies that were written about Him in the Old Testament were fulfilled as His life unfolded. But how could Jesus fulfil the law? I believe that in order to fulfil the law He had to die sinless. For we read in Hebrews 9:27: “And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment.” It stands to reason that only after death can the judgement be final, because only then men can no longer sin.
We know that Adam could not keep one simple law (Genesis 2:17) and as a consequence mankind had to die. But Jesus, a type of Adam, kept all of the law, despite the temptation within Himself to escape death, as well as the temptation to respond to those who inflicted on Him excruciating pain and verbal abuses. Yet in all that agonising time He did not utter one single complaint or accusing word, but blessed them by forgiving them. Because of that He fulfilled the law (or accomplished God’s will). In consequence He reversed what Adam did, therefore now the entire human race has justification of life.
We should know that much more than justification of life awaits the believers who, through the spirit of Christ, become the adopted sons and daughters of God for we read in Acts 2:33, 38 and 41: ‘”Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear’… And Peter said to them, ‘Repent, and let each of you be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit’… So then, those who had received his word were baptised; and there were added that day about three thousand souls.” So, through the Holy Spirit that was given to us, we know that the fulfilment of the law is the true irreversible outcome of His sacrificial mission, for we also read in 1Corinthians 2:10: “For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.”
Now let us go a bit deeper,
The following allegorical illustration should clarify God’s will regarding the mission given to Jesus. It will also clearly define Jesus’ sacrificial mission of love.
Let us imagine that during wartime there are many missions to be carried out against the enemy and all of them contain some risk of possible loss of some of those who are taking part in the mission. At other times the mission is so risky that they call for volunteers; the mission is such that the probability of survival is nil, but it has to be done. In this case the commander is sacrificing a small, willing number of men for the greater good of the cause.
The question we should ask ourselves is this: Is it the commander’s will to have those men killed? Or is it the commander’s will that the mission be accomplished? If your answer is what I think it is, now apply the same formula to God’s will regarding the mission given to Jesus.
John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that He gave sacrificed His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.” So God willingly sacrificed His Son for the greater good of humanity. Our thanks must go to God and to Jesus who successfully carried out the sacrificial mission of fulfilling the law. Hence, our believing in His life and in His triumph over the temptation of sinful flesh now saves us. Furthermore, we have been fully assured that He has gracefully donated to us His triumph over sin in the flesh through the gift of His Holy Spirit, so that we now can also resist temptation and live holy lives.
Certainly we can now live holy lives! It is confirmed in Luke 1:73-75, where we read: “The oath, which He swore to Abraham our father, to grant us that we, being delivered from the .............................. power of sin might serve Him without fear. In holiness and righteousness before Him all of our days.”
The understanding of the above scripture is a trustworthy rendering as we read in 1Corinthians 15:56: “The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.” So we can now confidently say that Jesus, by dying sinless, fulfilled the law and consequently stripped sin (our enemy) of its power.

free spirit

According to what I found, it all begins with Jesus peace be upon him saying that he came to fulfill the law.

Deuteronomy 21:23 His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

So being able to crucify Jesus peace be upon him would disprove who he was because if he did come to fulfill the law, he can't be cursed by that law.

Thoughts please on that and especially on why do you believe they wanted to crucify Jesus.

You Wrote "According to the law, everything that is crucified would be cursed.
Deuteronomy 21:23 His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance."
If we read Deuteronomy 21:23, in context with verse 22 we will certainly and clearly see that the curse is a lie.
Please let me explain:

in Galatians 3:13, we read; “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us, for it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree.’”
It is ludicrous to say that He redeemed us from the curse of the law by allowing Himself to become a curse for us, just by dying while hanging on a tree.
Before we go any further it is important for us to understand that the tree is only a tool to administer death to a condemned man. We must surely know that it is the sins that the man has committed that makes him accursed and not the way he dies. That is why the law became a curse for us, because we could not keep it and consequently we merited death because of our transgressions, not because the law in itself was bad. (So death is not a curse, but it’s the consequence of sin). He came to fulfil the law for us and by fulfilling the law He absorbed the law in Himself. Therefore He became a blessing for us, because He freed us from the curse of the law written on tablets of stone, having replaced them with the law of the spirit of Himself (the Holy Spirit). I am fully convinced that it is correct for the above verse of Galatians 3:13 to read: “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having fulfilled the law for us.”
We all know that our Lord became flesh for us and consequently He was made sin, because the flesh and sin are one and the same. Also our Lord (who is a type of Adam) took those of us who are faithful in Himself on the cross. He also took the sin of the whole world on the cross for the justification of all humanity as He fulfilled the law by being obedient even to death. But none of the above is a curse in itself. However, the law became a curse to us because we could not keep it. By doing all of the above He became a blessing for all those who believe and obey Him.
We would certainly and clearly see the error if we read Deuteronomy 21:23 in context with verse 22. We will then discover that part of verse 23 doesn’t apply to our Lord, for we read in Deuteronomy 21: 22-23: “And if a man has committed a sin worthy of death, and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, (23) his corpse shall not hang all night on the tree, but you shall surely bury him on the same day (for he who is hanged is accursed of God), so that you do not defile your land which the Lord your God gives you as an inheritance.” We can all sorely see that the above underlined scripture of verse 23 doesn’t apply to our Lord because our Lord was not guilty of having “committed a sin worthy of death,” required in the previous verse. In fact He was sinless, regardless of how He appeared to those who witnessed, or condemned Him to death. (Yes, He was made sin but never committed sin. Isn’t that something that we should rejoice about? For by doing that, Jesus stripped sin of the power of the law.)
Furthermore the testimony of 1Corinthians 12:3 reinforces that He didn’t become accursed for it is written: “That no one speaking by the spirit of God says, Jesus is accursed.” With those undisputable proofs in hand we should only come to one obvious conclusion: that the Scriptures suggesting that our blessed Lord become a curse for us is nothing but a “blasphemous diversion” working against the knowledge of the accomplished works of our Lord.
If you are not yet convinced, I would suggest that you insert the corrected verse in Galatians 3:13 and judge it in context and you will see that the whole chapter, and indeed all of Galatians, is explaining to us how the curse of the law has been replaced by having faith in the grace of Christ, who paid the price for us by enduring the brutal sufferings of the cross and yet died sinless. He thus fulfilled the law for us, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith in Him. Read 1Corinthians 15:55-57 and you will see that death and sin are defeated by the fulfilment of the law and not by Christ’s dying hanging on a tree. Read Romans 5:17-21 and you will also see that through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men; even so, the total obedience to the law of one Man resulted in justification of life to all men.
It is vital that all believers understand the book of Galatians, which explains faith in the grace of Christ in contrast to the works of the law. Satan knows that and so he uses all means in order to defend the written ambiguity, which clearly denigrates the character of our God, the accomplished works of our Lord, and the character and epistles of His apostles. As you know the enemy of Christ demanded His execution, and then persecuted the Christian, they did not stop there, they also sowed tares in the NT, Matthew 13:24-25 and Matthew 18:7. The above article is from my book "The Way God Told It"

Last edited:

Sabour

we read in Matthew 26:42: “He went away again a second time and prayed saying, ‘My father, if this cannot pass away unless I drink it, Thy will be done.’”
As we read the above verse we can be forgiven if we think that God’s will was for Jesus to be executed,

The important thing to understand for the sake of our holy faith is that God’s foreknowledge allowed Him to use the evil deed of the high priest for his own purpose

Is that how God does things? He uses the evil deeds of the priest?

why Jesus had to pay for our sins with His life? The answer is found in Matthew 5:17, for Jesus said, “Do not think that I came to abolish the law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfil.”

What? What don't we continue reading

"Think not that I came to destroy the Law and the prophets. I came not to destroy but rather to fulfill. For verily I tell you, not until all things be accomplished shall a single dot (jot, iota or tiny letter) in any way be lessened from the Law. And whoever breaks the least of the Commandments and teaches this will be the least in the Kingdom, but whoever keeps the Commandments and teaches this will be the highest in the Kingdom. And not unless your righteousness exceeds that of the Pharasees will you enter into the Kingdom of Heaven."Matthew 5:17-19

He also took the sin of the whole world on the cross for the justification of all humanity as He fulfilled the law by being obedient even to death

That is not what fulfilling the law means as demonstrated in the previous verse.

We know that Adam could not keep one simple law

And that is why we have repentance, a concept that Jesus peace be upon him taught. Unlike the crucifixion as a method of salvation which was only Paul's teaching.

That is also what the law of prophets taught.

In consequence He reversed what Adam did, therefore now the entire human race has justification of life.

Really? So you we had no justification to live because of a choice a man did thousands of year ago? And we were forgiven because a man suffered on the cross ? I would question the justice of God over that

I can go on still, but am not interested in that post unless you wish to discuss the point I have mentioned because if I continued we will lose our focus points.

Sabour

in Galatians 3:13, we read; “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us, for it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree.’”
And here is where Paul put himself directly in the opposition of the teachings of Jesus peace be upon him.
It is ludicrous to say that He redeemed us from the curse of the law by allowing Himself to become a curse for us, just by dying while hanging on a tree.
Before we go any further it is important for us to understand that the tree is only a tool to administer death to a condemned man. We must surely know that it is the sins that the man has committed that makes him accursed and not the way he dies.
You missed the point, I am not saying Jesus peace be upon him was cursed, I am proving that if he was really crucified, than he would have been cursed.

Therefore He became a blessing for us, because He freed us from the curse of the law written on tablets of stone, having replaced them with the law of the spirit of Himself (the Holy Spirit). I am fully convinced that it is correct for the above verse of Galatians 3:13 to read: “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having fulfilled the law for us.”

Again, he said he came to fulfill the law of the prophets and nothing should be changed. He didn't say he came to destroy the law as you are demonstrating. Did not he know what he came for?
We will then discover that part of verse 23 doesn’t apply to our Lord, for we read in Deuteronomy 21: 22-23: “And if a man has committed a sin worthy of death, and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, (23) his corpse shall not hang all night on the tree, but you shall surely bury him on the same day (for he who is hanged is accursed of God),

Are you saying that god was crucified?

free spirit

Are you saying that god was crucified?
I was afraid of this because even most of the Christians do not understand, so how could a Muslim.
I gave you many answers, now let us concentrate on just one. "Who was Jesus" We read in Philippians 2:6-11, " Who although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bondservant, and being made in the likeness of men.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
9 Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth,
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the father."
As you can see from the above scriptures your question is not correct because: although He was in the form of God He become MAN, therefore God was not crucified, His form of manhood or humanity was crucified. Jesus, by His sinless death on the cross provided His Father with a Holy human soul worthy to inherit the fullness' of God.
We read in ACTS 2:32-36, “This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses.
33 “Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this, which you both see and hear.
34 “For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he himself says: ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand,
35 Until I make thine enemies a footstool for thy feet.’”
36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ this Jesus whom you crucified.”
Now, thanks to Jesus sacrifice and the gift of His Holy Spirit we also can become hears of God for we read in Romans 8:12-17, " So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh,
13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the desires of the body, you will live.
14 For all who are being led to repentance by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to sin again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him in order that we may also be glorified with Him."
As you can see from the above, Jesus the only begotten son of God has accomplished His mission of offering to humanity to become through Him the Holy family of God. Jesus is King and priest, God and man, God and saviour, He is all there is.
We read in John 8:23-28, "And He was saying to them. “You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world.
24 “I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins.”
25 And so they were saying to Him. “Who are You?” Jesus said to them: “What have I been saying to you from the beginning?
26 “I have many things to speak and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and the things, which I heard from Him these I speak to the world.”
27 They did not realize that He had been speaking to them about the Father.
28 Jesus therefore said. “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and I do nothing on My own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught Me."

Sabour

I was afraid of this because even most of the Christians do not understand, so how could a Muslim.
I gave you many answers, now let us concentrate on just one. "Who was Jesus" We read in Philippians 2:6-11, " Who although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bondservant, and being made in the likeness of men.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
9 Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth,
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the father."
As you can see from the above scriptures your question is not correct because: although He was in the form of God He become MAN, therefore God was not crucified, His form of manhood or humanity was crucified. Jesus, by His sinless death on the cross provided His Father with a Holy human soul worthy to inherit the fullness' of God.
We read in ACTS 2:32-36, “This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses.
33 “Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this, which you both see and hear.
34 “For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he himself says: ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand,
35 Until I make thine enemies a footstool for thy feet.’”
36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ this Jesus whom you crucified.”
Now, thanks to Jesus sacrifice and the gift of His Holy Spirit we also can become hears of God for we read in Romans 8:12-17, " So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh,
13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the desires of the body, you will live.
14 For all who are being led to repentance by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God..
15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to sin again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him in order that we may also be glorified with Him."
As you can see from the above, Jesus the only begotten son of God has accomplished His mission of offering to humanity to become through Him the Holy family of God. Jesus is King and priest, God and man, God and saviour, He is all there is.
We read in John 8:23-28, "And He was saying to them. “You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world.
24 “I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins.”
25 And so they were saying to Him. “Who are You?” Jesus said to them: “What have I been saying to you from the beginning?
26 “I have many things to speak and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and the things, which I heard from Him these I speak to the world.”
27 They did not realize that He had been speaking to them about the Father.
28 Jesus therefore said. “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and I do nothing on My own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught Me."

First thing you said that not all christians understand, and that is enough reason to say it is false. God is very clear about his nature and it should be understood by all people.

Second one of the natures of God is

Numbers 23:19 God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Now no matter how you go on on writing and explaining, if you believe in the bible, you must believe in that verse. And this verse contradicts everything you are trying to say.

Harikrish

Jesus was tried, convicted and put to death for blasphemy. Jesus did not break any Roman law. He was found guilty of blasphemy which is a violation of Mosaic law.

Deuteronomy 18: 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."

free spirit

First thing you said that not all christians understand, and that is enough reason to say it is false. God is very clear about his nature and it should be understood by all people.

Second one of the natures of God is

Numbers 23:19 God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Now no matter how you go on on writing and explaining, if you believe in the bible, you must believe in that verse. And this verse contradicts everything you are trying to say.
You fail to see the obvious, there is hundreds if not thousands of Christian denomination who believe different things, sometime just the opposite: if that fact doesn't tell you that they have no understanding of God, you are blind. The Muslims also are divided in different denomination, which tells me that they also have no understanding, again you are blind to the fact that today as we speak they are killing each other.
You are correct God is not human, but the word of God became human, He was fully human because He suffered pain, hunger, emotions and He also suffered temptations, in other words; the Word of God became flesh and took upon himself a human soul. He was the only one in all the history of humanity to die without sin. God rewarded Him by giving Himself to Him, therefore a Holy God and the sinless human soul of Jesus have became one and the same. This is the depth of the love of God for humanity.

free spirit

Jesus was tried, convicted and put to death for blasphemy. Jesus did not break any Roman law. He was found guilty of blasphemy which is a violation of Mosaic law.

Deuteronomy 18: 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."
Yes, if Jesus was not who He said He was, He would have committed blasphemy, on the other hand if He was speaking the truth, they are guilty of killing the Son of God.

Sabour

You fail to see the obvious, there is hundreds if not thousands of Christian denomination who believe different things, sometime just the opposite: if that fact doesn't tell you that they have no understanding of God, you are blind. The Muslims also are divided in different denomination, which tells me that they also have no understanding, again you are blind to the fact that today as we speak they are killing each other.
You are correct God is not human, but the word of God became human, He was fully human because He suffered pain, hunger, emotions and He also suffered temptations, in other words; the Word of God became flesh and took upon himself a human soul. He was the only one in all the history of humanity to die without sin. God rewarded Him by giving Himself to Him, therefore a Holy God and the sinless human soul of Jesus have became one and the same. This is the depth of the love of God for humanity.

Don't introduce what Christians believe and how there are different beliefs within Christians. I am not talking about what Christians believe, I am talking about what the bible says. Isn't the bible the "supposed" source of what Christianity is?

You have attempted to answer the verse I quoted in numbers, in my view you have failed. Now you think you didn't, but actually by providing your answer, you have actually destroyed many bible verses, one of which orders you to kill anyone who tells you to let us serve other gods. So on what basis you are calling him god.

Midnight Rain

The most likely answer is that the historical figure that he was based off of was a Rabbi that took controversial positions that had him both the enemy of the Romans and of the Jews in power. His death was as a Martyr and I'm sure the stories were changed over time to make him more and more innocent and the probably already politically motivated execution became the story we have today.

Even the early Church fathers knew that "The blood of Martyr's is the seed of the faith". Everyone loves a Martyr and it can be very very compelling.

Harikrish

According to the trinity doctrine. Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit are one. So when Jesus was crucified and put to death all three died. But only Jesus was resurrected and here too he was only flesh and bones.

Luke 24: 37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost.
38 He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds?
39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself ! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

Paul said no physical body can enter heaven because it is perishable. Flesh is perishable, bones are perishable, therefore, Jesus was perishable and could not enter heaven. So who is in heaven, remember God and the Holy Spirit died at the crucifixion?

1 Corinthians 15:50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

free spirit

Don't introduce what Christians believe and how there are different beliefs within Christians. I am not talking about what Christians believe, I am talking about what the bible says. Isn't the bible the "supposed" source of what Christianity is?

You have attempted to answer the verse I quoted in numbers, in my view you have failed. Now you think you didn't, but actually by providing your answer, you have actually destroyed many bible verses, one of which orders you to kill anyone who tells you to let us serve other gods. So on what basis you are calling him god.
God is not in the bible, it only talks about God. Christianity is not a religion, it is a way of life.
You wrote, "one of which orders you to kill anyone who tells you to let us serve other gods." So according to you we should kill each other: but who will decide who has the right God? The caliph...! The pope..! The American president ...! No wander the Islamic State is doing the atrocity that they are doing as we speak.

God doesn't need anything or anyone to serve Him. God asks us to do these things for our benefit: and that is, to join with Him in peace and holiness.

You also asked, "So on what basis you are calling him god."
Because He was the Word of God and came to us as a man, died without sin and went back to God.

You should know that we were also made in the image of God, In the book of Genesis 1:26-27, God laid the foundations of the character and purpose of humanity, for we read: “Then God said, Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth. And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”
So according to the above scripture we have the image of God in ourselves, but unfortunately man’s imaginative and artistic skill has fashioned God to resemble himself, male and female. Some of us even elevated animals as the form to worship. Others worship some object like the sun, the moon, the earth, or nature itself. Needless to say that they all are in error, because it is not the object, or creature, or our superficial appearance or gender that bears the image of God, but it is the essence (spirit) of God in us that bears the image of God.
It isn’t difficult to identify the spirit in us that bears the image of God; because He has not been hidden in some dark place, but He is in the most forefront of our lives. If anything it is His over-exposure that makes Him invisible as it were.
For with His essence we are able to think, formulate plans and be creative. To have the power of the Word means to be living souls. Just consider that without this Godly essence we would be like animals, living in the limitations of instinct, and not living from the essence of unlimited freedom and intelligent reason.
So the God given ability to formulate reason with words is what makes us in the image of God, for He created all things by the power of His word, and like Him we also plan and create things out of the reasoning power of our words. The ability to speak intelligent and creative words is truly what makes us living souls; therefore it is the breath of life itself. (Genesis 2:7.)
We all know that Man was not content with the special status that God had allotted to him, because Man was enticed by Satan to covet the likeness of the wisdom of God, by knowing good and evil. Genesis 3:5-6 records the event: “For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be open, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil. When the woman saw that the tree was good for food (gratification of the body), and that it was a delight to the eyes (gratification of the senses), and that the tree was desirable to make one wise (gratification of the ego), she took from its fruit and ate, and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.” And Genesis 3:22, confirms what took place: “Then the Lord God said, behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil.”
Moving a step further towards the understanding of ourselves we must realise that the source of coordinate actions of the body and precise utterances reside in the spirit; there is no other plausible location. Have you ever searched your inner self to find the source of your words? For if you could find it you would be staring in the face of god, with a small “g” because it would be your own face you would be looking at. Our spirit has the ability to be immensely active, continually creating thought without disturbing the body. In our dreams for example, or in our private thought, he is the tenant of the body, and his presence and activity keeps our body alive, “for the body without the spirit is dead.” Our spirits and souls are so intertwined that to separate them is only possible to God.
We cannot see the soul but we can see and hear the effect of the soul, it can be either good or bad, because it knows both. It stands to reason to conclude that we are spiritual creatures covered with a body and our thoughts and words are the evidence that our essence bears the image of God. This article is an excerpt from my book "The Way God Told It."