• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did the Prophet Mohammad (s) marry Aisha at a very young age?

firedragon

Veteran Member
...Said the man going into meltdown to overproduce strawmen.

In my opinion

Generally as I said, people see others and think others just like themselves.

Theres an old saying that says "rogues see all others as rogues". ;)

You made false arguments brother.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Qur'an very clearly sets no age limit to marriage at all.

It's already proven through verses age of marriage is synonymous with age of prime strength and age of mental maturity as far as being responsible for guidance. Now that can be a bit this way or that way, but for sure children are not included.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You dont know the Quran.

They know Quran, they fail to let it speak, is all. For example, Quran is clear you don't kill apostates if they offer peace and don't fight you in chapter 4, but I'm sure his scholars have their proofs for killing apostates in ahadith.

There is nothing hadiths contradict Quran, that is not followed. Quran is like super not important for Muslims, they just love it how it sounds.

firedragon

Veteran Member
It's directly related to this topic, Surah Tahrim, because this is what I'm alluding to in the OP. That Surah Tahrim and exposing the plot of hypocrites and disbelievers against the Prophet through two wives of the Prophet (s) was the purpose.

I agree with you that child marriage is forbidden, I'm saying the Prophet (s) did it despite that, for reasons to do with Surah Tahrim.

Brother. Dont think I dont understand you. I read your posts fully, and I understand you. I done agree with you.

The ahadith about the marriage of Aisha are false, If you want I can prove it. Its pretty simple.

firedragon

Veteran Member
They know Quran, they fail to let it speak, is all. For example, Quran is clear you don't kill apostates if they offer peace and don't fight you in chapter 4, but I'm sure his scholars have their proofs for killing apostates in ahadith.

There is nothing hadiths contradict Quran, that is not followed. Quran is like super not important for Muslims, they just love it how it sounds.

I have to agree with you on that. But this person has no knowledge of the Quran. Sorry to say that. I honestly dont mean to demean people. But when people pretend or lie, I get a little agitated. My bad.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Brother. Dont think I dont understand you. I read your posts fully, and I understand you. I done agree with you.

The ahadith about the marriage of Aisha are false, If you want I can prove it. Its pretty simple.

If you can prove it do so. Shiites don't have ahadith from Imams (a) about her age except from Zaid ibn Ali (a) who is not a Ma'asoom or one of the 12 Imams (a), but he states she was a child in an authentic chain we have.

firedragon

Veteran Member
If you can prove it do so. Shiites don't have ahadith from Imams (a) about her age except from Zaid ibn Ali (a) who is not a Ma'asoom or one of the 12 Imams (a), but he states she was a child in an authentic chain we have.

But the thing is the shiit ilm is different.

Anyway. Let me ask you something. The Bukhari hadith about Aisha was reported by her Nephew. Do you think that's authentic from the Ilm of the Shii musadakath? Think about it and reply to me.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But the thing is the shiit ilm is different.

Anyway. Let me ask you something. The Bukhari hadith about Aisha was reported by her Nephew. Do you think that's authentic from the Ilm of the Shii musadakath? Think about it and reply to me.

It's not authentic according to.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm going to say I don't know when Aisha married Prophet (s), it can be that she was older. I don't know. But I think the explanation I offered makes sense if she was a child.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Seeing how Aisha fought Imam Ali (a), I can see it as an act of mercy that Prophet (s) took her under his care as a child and tried to train her upon the right path. It has similar wisdom as Khidr (a) actions with his forbidden actions.

Shakeel

Not according to the best evidence, where such is seemingly the best average age - for child and mother both to be healthy.
The average goes up because career and of course the upper age limit goes higher and higher, which is great, but people shouldn't delay having children. The average age for Americans is early 30s, I think. And that unnecessarily old, especially if one wants more children. I think it's designed for people who don't want many children and who want a career.

Shakeel

Seeing how Aisha fought Imam Ali (a), I can see it as an act of mercy that Prophet (s) took her under his care as a child and tried to train her upon the right path. It has similar wisdom as Khidr (a) actions with his forbidden actions.
Are we now getting to the actual topic you wanted to talk about?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are we now getting to the actual topic you wanted to talk about?

My OP was that the marriage is normally not allowed, but Prophet (s) did it similar to how Ibrahim (a) broke statues when that is normally not allowed (have to respect the land and rules), and how Khidr (a) killed a child when that is normally not allowed, and how Yusuf (a) framed his brothers when that is not normally allowed.

From the vantage point of Surah Tahrim and history including Aisha fighting Imam Ali (a), we see Prophet (a) trying to save those two wives of his from hell-fire would have a wisdom in taking them under his care as children.

Shakeel

From the vantage point of Surah Tahrim and history, we see Prophet (a) trying to save those two wives of his from hell-fire would have a wisdom in taking them under his care as children.
What would the wisdom have been?

firedragon

Veteran Member
It's not authentic according to.

Its absolutely not authentic. Of course.

Now tell me. Why should anyone trust a hadith a nephew transmits about his aunt? One hadith says 6. The other says 7.

And you know that the Sunni's ever tried to bring her age down just to avoid the Shii's calling her promiscuous. What do. you think about that?

firedragon

Veteran Member
After this comment you offered to prove them false.

Lol.

What does the Quran say? Please follow this and understand the logical representation of this subject.

1. You can only give inheritance to a mature person.

And do not give the immature ones your money for which God has made you overseers, and spend on them from it and clothe them, and speak to them in goodness. – Quran 4:5

Immaturity is described by the Arabic word Shufaha. Which the child is yet not ready to take up responsibility of managing his or her finances. This is speaking of an orphan under your care but yet it defines when a child can inherit, an age where s/he is mature enough to manage it.

2. So when do you test the child for maturity?

Quran calls it Balaghul Nikaha.

And test the orphans when they reach age of marriage, then, if you have determined from them comprehension/maturity/age of marriage, then give them their money, - Excerpt – Quran 4:6

Maturity, the age of marriage is tied to your ability to manage your own finances and inheritance.

3. Rushdan, in 4:6 means sound judgement. Thus, the age of marriage is also defined by sound judgement.

Thus, there are easily four criteria for the age of marriage.

1. Not Shufaha or immature, childish.

2. Balaghul Nikaha or the age of marriage which is synonymous in classical Arabic to maturity.

3. Sound judgement.

4. Mature enough to inherit their wealth and manage their finances.

What age do you think a girl can fit into this criterion? 9? 12? 19? 20? Think.

Another reference to maturity is full physical growth as in Quran 40:67 where Ashaddakum from the root Shadad means full physical growth. So you must know when your child is full grown.