• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did the Prophet Mohammad (s) marry Aisha at a very young age?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The truth is it was a similar action as Khidr killing a child and a similar action as Yusuf framing his brothers. The wisdom was to try Abu Bakr who would become Gog after the uncle of the Prophet, and take that position of Abu Lahab. The reason can be seen in Surah Tahrim, where Aisha chooses to side with the Prophet after he informs that he is aware of their plans, and she wondered who informed him of it and realized it can be only God as no one would have spilled the information from those planning against the Prophet (S) . This was a way to show the Prophet was constantly aware of Gog and Magog and aware of the Abu Lahab of the time even if that person claims to be Muslim and believer. In chapter 4 of Quran, it alludes that the person Satan has chosen to be Qareen of had spent much money but to show off and that God would have accepted the action if they believed in God and Last day and did out of pure intention. But it was to show off, and contend the Ulil-Amr from this nation.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it's beneficial that most people won't be able to understand half of that. (myself included.)

The Quran shows a lot of people say their hearts are heedless, but usually, it's that they just disbelieve and take their disbelief as proof of ambiguity of the matter.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is the verse I am talking about that alludes to who Satan is himself the Qareen of:

And those who spend their wealth to be seen by people, and believe neither in Allah nor in the Last Day. As for him who has Satan for his companion—an evil companion is he!

وَالَّذِينَ يُنْفِقُونَ أَمْوَالَهُمْ رِئَاءَ النَّاسِ وَلَا يُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَلَا بِالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ ۗ وَمَنْ يَكُنِ الشَّيْطَانُ لَهُ قَرِينًا فَسَاءَ قَرِينًا

This is while everyone else, they have a Qareen from Satanic forces but not Satan himself, as Quran shows. Gog is the person who Satan himself is his close associate and companion. Magog are the followers of Gog.

The Quran shows there was a conspiracy so much so that God and his Angels and the fixers of believers were ready to come to his aid:

If the two of you repent to Allah... for your hearts have certainly swerved, and if you back each other against him, then [know that] Allah is indeed his guardian, and his supporters are Gabriel, the righteous among the faithful and, thereafter, the angels.

إِنْ تَتُوبَا إِلَى اللَّهِ فَقَدْ صَغَتْ قُلُوبُكُمَا ۖ وَإِنْ تَظَاهَرَا عَلَيْهِ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ مَوْلَاهُ وَجِبْرِيلُ وَصَالِحُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ۖ وَالْمَلَائِكَةُ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ ظَهِيرٌ

And they were warned that it's not the first time a wife of a Prophet disbelieved and warned them not to become like those type of wives of Prophets (a):

ضَرَبَ اللَّهُ مَثَلًا لِلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا امْرَأَتَ نُوحٍ وَامْرَأَتَ لُوطٍ ۖ كَانَتَا تَحْتَ عَبْدَيْنِ مِنْ عِبَادِنَا صَالِحَيْنِ فَخَانَتَاهُمَا فَلَمْ يُغْنِيَا عَنْهُمَا مِنَ اللَّهِ شَيْئًا وَقِيلَ ادْخُلَا النَّارَ مَعَ الدَّاخِلِينَ

Allah cites an example of the faithless: the wife of Noah and the wife of Lot. They were under two of our righteous servants, yet they betrayed them. So they did not avail them in any way against Allah, and it was said [to them], ‘Enter the Fire, along with those who enter [it].’

And it was something that surprised one of the wives that the Prophet (s) knew:

وَإِذْ أَسَرَّ النَّبِيُّ إِلَىٰ بَعْضِ أَزْوَاجِهِ حَدِيثًا فَلَمَّا نَبَّأَتْ بِهِ وَأَظْهَرَهُ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ عَرَّفَ بَعْضَهُ وَأَعْرَضَ عَنْ بَعْضٍ ۖ فَلَمَّا نَبَّأَهَا بِهِ قَالَتْ مَنْ أَنْبَأَكَ هَٰذَا ۖ قَالَ نَبَّأَنِيَ الْعَلِيمُ الْخَبِيرُ

When the Prophet confided a matter to one of his wives, but when she divulged it [instead of guarding the secret] and Allah apprised him about it, he acquainted [her] with part of the matter and ignored part of it. So when he told her about it, she said, ‘Who informed you about it?’ He said, ‘The All-knowing and the All-aware has informed me.’

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Hadiths about Aisha's age is fabricated. Prophet Muhammad did not married a child

They are not fabricated, it's forbidden for Muslims to do so per Quran, but it was a similar action as Khidr's (a) forbidden by Shariah actions and Yusuf (a) framing his brothers, it's not allowed for Muslims to do those under normal circumstances and so Prophet (s) didn't do this per his own wishes, but a way to show God and his Messenger were aware of who Gog was among the hypocrites and aware of their plans.

epronovost

I have absolutely no idea of what the OP says, but I can answer the question on the title of the thread. The answer holds in a single word: politics. Marriage was a common way to seal alliances between important families back in the days of despots, kings, emperors and aristocrats. Aisha was born from an important family. Abu Bakr, her father, was the first caliph to succeed after Muhammad's death. Having rich and powerful allies is very useful to maintain a nascent empire stable and growing. Of course, the death of Muhammad would be quickly followed a series of intestine conflicts over who would rule in his place. Women and girls of noble status were often "chess pieces" in the hands of their fathers.

Last edited:

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I think it's beneficial that most people won't be able to understand half of that. (myself included.)
You do not understand it because the hadiths about Aisha's age is against reason.

The hadiths about Aisha's age, that Aisha was 6 years old when married to prophet Muhammad and 9 years old when prophet Muhammad constumated the marriage with her is false and fabricated

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have absolutely no idea of what the OP says, but I can answer the question on the title of the thread. The answer holds in a single word: politics. Marriage was a common way to seal alliances between important families back in the days of despots, kings, emperors and aristocrats. Aisha was born from an important family. Abu Bakr, her father, was the first caliph to succeed after Muhammad's death. Having rich and powerful allies is very useful to maintain a nascent empire stable and growing. Of course, the death of Muhammad would be quickly followed a series of intestine conflicts over who would rule in his place.

This is an intuitive answer, but it's also a very wrong one. There was a conspiracy on the Prophet (s) by a group of hypocrites and disbelievers and two of his wives were in on it per Surah Tahrim and then they repented and took side of the Prophet (s) at least at that point.

This shows it was a keep your enemies closer type marriage move.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You do not understand it because the hadiths about Aisha's age is against reason.

The hadiths about Aisha's age, that Aisha was 6 years old when married to prophet Muhammad and 9 years old when prophet Muhammad constumated the marriage with her is false and fabricated

We can say Khidr killing a child is against reason and human nature, and it's true, but it had a higher wisdom from God. This too had a higher wisdom from God. And it is as I explained.

Normally, it's forbidden, per Quran the age of marriage is the age of prime in terms of guidance of a human, which means a wise enough adult. But this was an exception to all this and for good reasons.

Starlight

They are not fabricated, it's forbidden for Muslims to do so per Quran, but it was a similar action as Khidr's (a) forbidden by Shariah actions and Yusuf (a) framing his brothers, it's not allowed for Muslims to do those under normal circumstances and so Prophet (s) didn't do this per his own wishes, but a way to show God and his Messenger were aware of who Gog was among the hypocrites and aware of their plans.
***MOD EDIT*** Prophet Muhammad never married a child. Those hadiths was fabricated by enemies of Islam and Prophet Muhammad because they wanted to attack the moral character of Prophet Muhammad.

God is against child marriage. And that is prophet Muhammad also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
***MOD EDIT*** Prophet Muhammad never married a child. Those hadiths was fabricated by enemies of Islam and Prophet Muhammad because they wanted to attact the moral character of Prophet Muhammad

What age did Aisha die at? What age did Imam Hassan (a) die at and she outlived him right? Her being 20 at time of marriage would mean she lived close to 100 + 20 something years, would it not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What age did Aisha die at? What age did Imam Hassan (a) die at and she outlived him right? Her being 20 at time of marriage would mean she lived close to 100 + 20 something years, would it not?

Okay I am mistaken about this, she died at 67.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I remember reading she died at 108 years of age, so this a mistake on my part.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God is against child marriage. And that is prophet Muhammad also.

I agree God is against child marriage, but God is also against killing children, right? Yet Khidr killed a child. So there is sometimes higher wisdom to actions and here to me, it was to expose Abu Bakr in the Quran and show Prophet (s) was aware of the plot through his daughter because God is aware and informs him.

Starlight

We can say Khidr killing a child is against reason and human nature, and it's true, but it had a higher wisdom from God. This too had a higher wisdom from God. And it is as I explained.

Normally, it's forbidden, per Quran the age of marriage is the age of prime in terms of guidance of a human, which means a wise enough adult. But this was an exception to all this and for good reasons.
God is against child marriage (especially against to constumate a marriage with a little girl on only 9 years old). Do you know why?

It is because if a adult have sex with a 9 year old girl and the girl become pregnant then she may die in child Birth!! The risk of her dying in child Birth is very very high. Because a 9 year old child have not a body that is big enough and strong enough to give Birth!!

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To constumated a marriage with a 9 years old child is against

God is against child marriage (especially against to constumate a marriage with a little girl on only 9 years old). Do you know why?

It is because if a adult have sex with a 9 year old girl and the girl become pregnant then she may die in child Birth!! The risk of her dying in child Birth is very very high. Because a 9 year old child have not a body that is big enough and strong enough to give Birth!!

I'm not saying Prophet (s) had sex with her at 9, I don't know when he did have sex with her. But marriage at 6 years old with Surah Tahrim, Gog exposition, plots of hypocrites, the way Magog go hidden to destroy Islam every time revealed by God, all this, makes sense to me.

There is two ways to go about it:

(1) impossible that Prophet marry her at 6 years old (not talking about when he had sex with her) so hadiths about 6 years of age marriage fabricated
(2) It's possible Prophet (s) marry her at 6 years of age for higher wisdom reasons like Khidr actions even though normally forbidden.

As for 2, the hadiths support this. You can say they are all fabricated, but, there is no reason to assume they all are if we can prove 2. 2 is proven to have wisdom if you perceive Surah Tahrim, it would make sense the Prophet (s) shows he knew who Gog and Magog were and their plots, so much so, he married a 6 year old to show this and Aisha repented at that point but was warned not to become like wives of Nuh and Lut who rebelled against their Prophets (a).

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is terrible you justify child marriage .. :neutral:

You can see it as justification or you can see it like Khidr actions. Khidr (a) did something Musa (a) could not have patience to not condemn.

This is same reason, you don't understand wisdom of it, and so you condemn it because in normal circumstance, it's haram and an ugly act, disgusting to the max action. But the Prophet (s) was acting similar to Khidr (a), it was for a higher wisdom.

Once we see that wisdom by analyzing Gog/Abu Lahab/Qareen is Satan himself concept as well as that person's followers, we see a greater wisdom when we recite Surah Tahrim. Would Abu Bakr give Aisha later in his life, or only at that early point? And was it to taunt Abu Bakr to order him to give his daughter.... all this has wisdom if you keep in mind the hidden and manifest war between the Anti-Christ and the anointed king of God (who was Mohammad (s) at that time).

Starlight

I'm not saying Prophet (s) had sex with her at 9, I don't know when he did have sex with her. But marriage at 6 years old with Surah Tahrim, Gog exposition, plots of hypocrites, the way Magog go hidden to destroy Islam every time revealed by God, all this, makes sense to me.

There is two ways to go about it:

(1) impossible that Prophet marry her at 6 years old (not talking about when he had sex with her) so hadiths about 6 years of age marriage fabricated
(2) It's possible Prophet (s) marry her at 6 years of age for higher wisdom reasons like Khidr actions even though normally forbidden.

As for 2, the hadiths support this. You can say they are all fabricated, but, there is no reason to assume they all are if we can prove 2. 2 is proven to have wisdom if you perceive Surah Tahrim, it would make sense the Prophet (s) shows he knew who Gog and Magog were and their plots, so much so, he married a 6 year old to show this and Aisha repented at that point but was warned not to become like wives of Nuh and Lut who rebelled against their Prophets (a).
According to the fabricated and false hadiths prophet Muhammad had sex with her when she was only 9 years old.

This is a big lie. It is a hadith fabricated by the enemies of Islam and Prophet Muhammad. They tried to attack prophet Muhammad moral character.

Prophet Muhammad NEVER had sex with a 9 year old child. And God would never allow it.
Prophet Muhammad is against child marriage, read the Quran and you Will see the truth.

God and Prophet Muhammad is against child marriage (especially a little child on only 9 years old) because it is against reason and morality. It is against divine wisdom and love. God and Prophet Muhammad is against it because a 9 years old have high risk of dying in child Birth!! Because the body to a 9 year old is not big enough and strong enough to giving birth!!