• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Did God Wait?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Thanks for the info.

I'm all ears: how long did God wait? I'd appreciate scriptures so I can use them to correct other misguided Christians.

Specifically I accept Jesus as an incarnation of the eternal Avatar who has come over and over to fulfill a Divine mission. So to me, "Why did He wait" asks a question which assumes that He waited. He does not wait but comes repeatedly in human form.

The "Song of the Avatars" expresses this poetically and starts thusly:

When righteousness declines
And wickedness is strong,
In the dying of an age
As a new age comes along,
That is when I rise again
And yet again to light the flame
Of truth within the sons of men.

I am Light.
I am Truth.
I am the fire of the Son.
I am the hope of all the earth,
The spirit of the One.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
In other words, you have no valid argument? Why didn't you just say that?

Take care
I have plenty of valid arguments, but validity doesn't seem to be a feature of whatever paradigm you're operating in.

When you're concerned more about truth than you are with inserting your Messiah into places he doesn't belong, let me know.

rrobs

Specifically I accept Jesus as an incarnation of the eternal Avatar who has come over and over to fulfill a Divine mission. So to me, "Why did He wait" asks a question which assumes that He waited. He does not wait but comes repeatedly in human form.

The "Song of the Avatars" expresses this poetically and starts thusly:

When righteousness declines
And wickedness is strong,
In the dying of an age
As a new age comes along,
That is when I rise again
And yet again to light the flame
Of truth within the sons of men.

I am Light.
I am Truth.
I am the fire of the Son.
I am the hope of all the earth,
The spirit of the One.
Good info, but I was really hoping for scriptural evidence.

rrobs

I have plenty of valid arguments, but validity doesn't seem to be a feature of whatever paradigm you're operating in.

When you're concerned more about truth than you are with inserting your Messiah into places he doesn't belong, let me know.
Why not just tell me where the Messiah belongs? You don't want to keep me in the dark, do you? Like I said in the OP, I'd really appreciate scriptural evidence if you have it.

Thanks

rrobs

Why not just tell me where the Messiah belongs? You don't want to keep me in the dark, do you? Like I said in the OP, I'd really appreciate scriptural evidence if you have it.

Thanks

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Most of this thread makes little sense

`God` waiting for `what` ?
and then Genesis ?
and then....`His Son`,
and then....
from `where` did `He` get `what` ??

Last edited by a moderator:

rrobs

Most of this thread makes little sense

`God` waiting for `what` ?
and then Genesis ?
and then....`His Son`,
and then....
from where did `He` get `what` ??
All those questions are clearly answered if you read the posts more carefully. If not, perhaps it is because your your glasses are colored "Bible hater."

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Oh my goodness !
One here thinks that I have emotional feelings for a book,
the stories within it are somewhat amusing, but anticipated.
I have no feelings for any `books`, even your startrek.
bible hater.......really !

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
The answer is: He didn't. He sent redeemers consistently. Noah's family, for instance. Abraham, too. Moses, of course, brought the exodus and laid the foundation for the rules of Eloah's people. If you take from pseudopigraphia or Rabbinical literature, he even arranged Adam and Eve's education post-exile.

Jesus wouldn't have really been entirely necessary if the temples hadn't been corrupted. That's part of why Jesus flipped out on them, and sought to "restore" and "fulfill" the older law and carry it into a new era.

To me, it reads that Eloah is pretty inept at maintaining order in his own creation, and continuously tries to correct how horribly his previous interventions went while passing the blame off to humans for his own failure to communicate properly. He can't even pass the buck properly, though, because by his own admission he deceives people (2 Thessalonians 2:11) and creates evil (Isaiah 45:7).

This supports the conclusion that God might be less inept at communication and more of a wishy-washy sadist. Given his bloodlust in the Old Testament, and his arrogant pride in being "wrathful" (Jeremiah 10:10), "jealous" (Deuteronomy 4:24), and evoking fear in his followers, I think that one's pretty much a given.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We all die. We all need to be redeemed from death.
Romans 5:12
Birth and death are but illusions. What exists cannot die. Krishna said:

BG 2.12 : Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.
BG 2.16 : The nonexistent there is no endurance and of the eternal there is no change. This is what the seers of truth have concluded by studying the nature of both.
BG 2.17 : That which pervades the entire body you should know to be indestructible. No one is able to destroy that imperishable.
BG 2.20 : For it, there is neither birth nor death at any time. It has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. It is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. It is not slain when the body is slain.
BG 2.22 : As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, it similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.

Read the rest at Chapter Two (BhagadGitaq). Kindly note, where the translator says 'the soul', the original says 'it'. The translator is biased.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How does free will fit into all of this?
I can't figure out how will can be free either in science or in theology.

In science, our will is free in the sense that we routinely make decisions ─ chocolate or vanilla, red tie or blue tie, Betty or Mabel ─ that are free of external coercion. But none of them is independent of the biological processes by which the brain makes decisions.

In theology, if you're omnipotent and omniscient and perfect (which is what the billing says) then everything that ever happens in the universe is directly down to you. Every single buck stops at your desk. Before you made the universe, you already perfectly foresaw everything that would ever happen. The individual can do only and exactly what you perfectly foresaw and intended back then.
Can God really do whatever He wants? Did He not give some of His power when He put man in charge of the earth?
God can be anything anyone wants God to be. But as I said, the best-selling model is warranted omnipotent, omniscient and perfect.
I suppose He could have just made a bunch of robots that would do exactly what He wanted them to do without fail, but that's not what He did. Instead He gave us free will.
Not quite. As I said, we're never independent of the biological decision-making mechanisms of our brain.
Take care
And you!

rational experiences

Veteran Member
WORDS, to own a descriptive analogy by use of various meanings
VERB
  1. compensate for the faults or bad aspects of.
    "a disappointing debate redeemed only by an outstanding speech"
    synonyms:
    compensating · compensatory · 
    vindicate · 
    retrieve · regain · recover · 
    [more]
  2. fulfil or carry out (a pledge or promise).
    "the party prepared to redeem the pledges of the past three years"
Speaking owning descriptive meaning, looking back inferring to places in history.

Science is only ever about looking back and inferring, when time right now is the Year 2020.

4000 years ago by a book reading supposedly places time before a zero counting of time model BC 0 AD.

4000 years ago therefore does not even exist, only 2020 years exists by determined inference.

Each year from 0 would have stated by Biblical book updating inferences/reference that each day was a returned day, a day to be allowed, a new day, a saved day from a pre existing sacrificed day.

Why the documents also quoted, so never change the day/light sacrifice of the heavenly gas spirit ever again in any God theme to name and then change in science, as a human knowledge. Yet science totally ignores what science already was advised.

For the termed/reference to count BC 0 AD was not implemented until all forms of data studies/life attacks and destructive life sacrificed was constant by Temple and pyramid technology. Why the technology was stopped, for it was proven.Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 27:39-41 - New Testament for Everyone
Mark 15:33 33At noon, darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon.

Matthew 27:45 45From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land.

Luke 23:44-45 44It was now about noon, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon, 45for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two.

When the regained 0 asteroid saviour wandering gas replacement were removed, the day went dark in the sacrifice of the spirit of the Heavens, as they lost the burning gas light...got sucked out of existing. Then it would have blasted back into presence.
And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer . For their redeemer is mighty; he shall plead their cause with thee. Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

Meaning God O is the stone, Planet Earth mass was used for UFO/temple ground mass changes, for machine mass is always taken out of the natural planet.

ST ONE is said to be the ONE holy body, our planet as first and origin, the ONE.

UFO/light, being gases burning was never the origin or ONE or any beginning, it was an attack on God, when you define the GOD STORY in the sciences.

Which everyone today seems to ignore as relevant to the discussions of God, the planet existed first and it was planet Earth that was attacked by the Sun.

Try and copy the reason for light, then the history recurs just as you experienced and life sacrificed for lying. What a Scientist is as Satanic history a liar about owning and controlling huge powerful cosmological bodies in natural space, just by his thinking, talking and theorising...for it is what he infers when he claims he speaks on behalf of everything he studies.

Male egotism is one of the spiritual flaws in his human life.

rrobs

No verse says that.
Have you ever actually looked, or are you just saying that?

It's true there is no one verse, but there are a couple of rather precise genealogy listings. It's just a matter of adding up the numbers.

chinu

chinu
Have you ever actually looked, or are you just saying that?

It's true there is no one verse, but there are a couple of rather precise genealogy listings. It's just a matter of adding up the numbers.
Am just saying that.

wellwisher

The invention of writing is about 6000 years old and appears to coordinate with the bible claim of humans appearing about 6000 years ago. The bible claim of Adam being the first human is not talking about human DNA, but about a new human mind that was induced by the invention of writing. This is a new type of human that departed from nature and paradise

In the beginning was the word and the word was God.

God may have been the first written word with the new invention. This invention of writing changed the way the human mind worked. In modern times, an analogy is the invention of the internet and cell phone. These has changed the way humans interact with each other and nature; virtual instead of real. Something very profound happened with the invention writing causing civilization to appear and persist.

Writing changed the way the prehuman mind worked, causing a new type of modern human to appear. Adam is created in a way that was different from sexual reproduction and DNA. He was created from mineral dust; stone tablets. The invention of writing created a new human mindset different from natural.

To help understand what may have happened, picture going to school where there is language, but no writing. There is no chalk board, overhead projector, laptops for the teacher to write lessons, no books and no noting taking for studying. The instructor teaches you orally and you have to remember what you hear, on the spot. The two main problems will be, one will forget most of that was said, and not everyone will agree what they heard. This will change what was learned.

The effect is the natural prehuman brain will forward integrate the data and the news memories would merge with old and get confused and fade. There is evidence that civilization was attempted many time over several thousand years before the first successful civilization. These all aborted, because without written language, the knowledge that helped to start the civilization was not successfully transferred forward. Once the fore fathers and fore mothers passed, things reverted back to pre-human.

Once writing appears, this invention created a way to stored information, forever, so it could be used to refresh the mind and get everyone on the same page. This went against the natural workings of prehuman memory and instinct. This damming of the memory had an adverse affect on natural instinct; sins appear due to written knowledge of good and evil. It took 4000 years for the brain to stabilize, before the next step This was to return to God and nature through faith. This step has now taken 2000 years, so far, and is nearing the time for the next update of the operating system of the human brain.

Revelations is a symbolic un-install and then install process, where the old operating system will be removed and then a new installation will be attempted; tree of life.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Before you made the universe, you already perfectly foresaw everything that would ever happen. The individual can do only and exactly what you perfectly foresaw and intended back then.
not buying that

I believe God moves with us

He had the free will to create
if we develop well enough He might be willing to share some of that ability

but if you have no .....will.................

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
not buying that

I believe God moves with us

He had the free will to create
if we develop well enough He might be willing to share some of that ability

but if you have no .....will.................
As to freewill, we can as a rule choose vanilla or chocolate, Wednesday or Thursday, without external coercion.

But we can't make choices independently of the biological choosing processes of our brain.

Those mechanisms are complex and interacting chains of cause and effect, perhaps with odd random events caused by quantum randomness, though last time I looked that hadn't been definitely shown.

And cause+effect decision making and random decision making is the entire list of how decisions can be made at the process level.

Even if you're God.