• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Did God Create Man?

Did Adam & Eve put a "kink" in God's plan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

I think you need to grow up. Your forum names tell what your nature is...you are a troll.

1. He is not a troll.

2. You need to look at your own posts which are putting forth things that are NOT in the Bible - as Bible truths.

Domenic

#165. I was thinking if John 8:44...nothing to do with Cain.
#166. You can defend Satan all you want.
#167. The end is the end of the 1,000 year rule of Jesus.
#168. Defend, and follow what you will.

Kolibri

I believe man's freewill and God's foreknowledge co-exist and that God knows the future. He doesn't have to look or not look, he knows. And this in no way violates man's freewill

Ran across this verse yesterday

What more could I have done for my vineyard
That I have not already done?
Why, when I hoped for grapes,
Did it produce only wild grapes?
- Isaiah 5:4

The "I" and the "vineyard" were "Jehovah" and "the Jews" (Isaiah 5:7)

Does it read as if God foreknew the outcome from the very beginning?
No, he "hoped". There would be no hope to have if God foresaw only wild grapes.

Domenic

Know who you are talking to, by what they say:
The Wheat and the Tares...Matthew 13:36-43

Then Jesus sent the multitudes away, and went into the house. His disciples came to him, saying, "Explain to us the parable of the darnel weeds of the field." He answered them, "He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, the field is the world; and the good seed, these are the children of the Kingdom; and the darnel weeds are the children of the evil one. The enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels. As therefore the darnel weeds are gathered up and burned with fire; so will it be at the end of this age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will gather out of his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling, and those who do iniquity, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be weeping and the gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth like the sun in the Kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
#165. I was thinking if John 8:44...nothing to do with Cain.

ING - You specifically said - "13. God said to Cain after he murdered Able, “You are a liar, and a murder like your father the Devil.”

#166. You can defend Satan all you want.

ING - LOL! Defend Satan? It is a fact that Satan is NOT an evil autonomous being in Tanakh. Later misunderstanding people came up with that idea, after contact with other religions.

#167. The end is the end of the 1,000 year rule of Jesus.

ING - Tanakh does not say that about THEIR Messiah and the end - so bull.

#168. Defend, and follow what you will.

EXPAND

LOL! Dude! You have written 220 posts, many of them questionable, and have 15 likes.

He has written over 11,470 posts, with 1197 likes. Such speaks for itself.

We know him, and he is not a troll. We do not know you.

Domenic

EXPAND

LOL! Dude! You have written 220 posts, many of them questionable, and have 15 likes.

He has written over 11,470 posts, with 1197 likes. Such speaks for itself.

We know him, and he is not a troll. We do not know you.

I guess you don't have much to do in Alaska.

Domenic

You made statements, - I challenged them, - you replied (without substance,) - so YES!

I have nothing to say to you. You seem to like a challenge. I have no idea how people in your area of the world talk to each other. I do not conceder a discussion a form of challenge.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I have nothing to say to you. You seem to like a challenge. I have no idea how people in your area of the world talk to each other. I do not conceder a discussion a form of challenge.

You are on a debate site. I rebutted what you said. That is debate. And obviously, I'm not the only one rebutting what you are saying.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I do not know.
Ask Him if you please?
Really there is an asnwer to that and if you would just read Genesis
you would not need to ask such a basic question.
I guess we all aren't as enlightened as you, my friend. We just have a bit of hesitation blindly believing word for word a book written by many imperfect men, who did not even claim to have 1st hand knowledge of events that (supposedly) took place thousands of years ago. Call me crazy, but I'm skeptical.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
The OP asked the original question "why" & the "why is in the Bible, should not have said
Genesis. Am not supporting the creation poem of "breathing into a handful of clay" etc.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I guess we all aren't as enlightened as you, my friend. We just have a bit of hesitation blindly believing word for word a book written by many imperfect men, who did not even claim to have 1st hand knowledge of events that (supposedly) took place thousands of years ago. Call me crazy, but I'm skeptical.

Off the point of this thread, but the hesitation is one shared by all born agains, for no one is born already born again. The question is the line between healthy skepticism and lack of credulity.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Off the point of this thread, but the hesitation is one shared by all born agains, for no one is born already born again. The question is the line between healthy skepticism and lack of credulity.
Do you think I've crossed this line? If so, why (specifically) and when (specifically)?