• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Did GOD Create Humans and The Earth?

cardero

Citizen Mod

There are some who believe that humankind was created to occupy this planet but the reasoning about why we are here is unclear.

If God did create humans to worship and praise Him and spread His word why did he not create us as spiritual entities and keep us in His kingdom? Would we have a better understanding of GOD? Wouldn’t we have a more intimate REALationship?

If He created us to be fruitful and fill the earth and make it a paradise why didn’t he design a place in heaven and just create more spiritual creatures or give us the wisdom to create our own spiritual entities?

What exactly is the purpose of this earth and the reason for human occupation. Is all this necessary? Wouldn’t it be comparable to creating a car but you have to create another car just to drag the first car around? Isn’t this a bit redundant?

What are we here for. really?

cardero

Citizen Mod
doppelgänger;859991 said:
Really? We are here for the purpose of communicating with one another and organizing reality.

In a word: words.
What are words for?
When no one listens, there's no use talking at all.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
What are words for?
When no one listens, there's no use talking at all.
After working on Xoops Content Management System for ages, it is actions that speak more then words....Xoops it is still organizing management, i did lots of work awhile back and got no where, as we have far too many words and not enough action....even our source code has too many words...

Don’t we need less words...more action and leading by example....plus simplest solution to our overall objective?

God made life to learn Oneness, Ego corrupts this.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
What are we here for. really?

To become good enough to become "one again" with God, through learning, and resisting temptation to do what is wrong. Why ? - now that's the question about which I haven't a clue as to the answer....but you didn't ask it.:D

Super Universe

Defender of God
What's the purpose in having someone worship you?

Ego. God has no ego. He does not need anyone's praise. If He did, He'd have a big castle on the earth where humans could flock to everyday as if He was a king.

We have to stop thinking of God as having these human faults.

The earth and humanity is an outgrowth of God's desire that there should be more than just He alone. As a basic spirit entity we choose to join with biologics in order to grow a personality in order to eventually become a mature universal being.

wizanda

Premium Member
Like in Hitch Hikers guide to the galaxy here is a massive super computer and we are processors along with the Mice....yet from the looks of it, like in the film the Mice are doing a better job then us....far more simple paths….that we spend ages looking at, to understand how the mouse does it….

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
What's the purpose in having someone worship you?

Ego. God has no ego. He does not need anyone's praise. If He did, He'd have a big castle on the earth where humans could flock to everyday as if He was a king.

We have to stop thinking of God as having these human faults.

The earth and humanity is an outgrowth of God's desire that there should be more than just He alone. As a basic spirit entity we choose to join with biologics in order to grow a personality in order to eventually become a mature universal being.

The words are wrong; that is how I see it. Worship is a form of directing energy (a positive energy fuelled by love). That energy is redirected to wherever it is needed. I have come to this conclusion through meditation, and believe that I have been "told" that I am right.

It has nothing to do with ego; serving God (to me) means giving, spreading love (and by that I don't mean the 60's hippy love, I mean "Agape").

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Perhaps God was just expressing itself, like an artist or a musician. Creating something with no reason other than the will to create?

wizanda

Premium Member
The words are wrong; that is how I see it. Worship is a form of directing energy (a positive energy fuelled by love). That energy is redirected to wherever it is needed. I have come to this conclusion through meditation, and believe that I have been "told" that I am right.

It has nothing to do with ego; serving God (to me) means giving, spreading love (and by that I don't mean the 60's hippy love, I mean "Agape").

Agree Oneness is the way to go, and do that many times when finding something new and shouting out from the roots of my soul, thank you....
Yet to make a ritual of how we must do that, is where we go wrong.... did God ever ask us to make separation of religious ideologies?
I thought most teachers have asked for Oneness, so why are we still sitting in darkness?

PureX

Veteran Member
I think we are following the wrong path when we seek such logical explanations for these things. The human urge to "organize realty" is just that: a human urge. We survive and thrive by our ability to understand and control our environment, and so we naturally want to "figure out" (organize reality) any mystery we might encounter.

But reality itself does not survive or thrive by being "figured out", or by being organized on a logical way. Reality just is. Reality is about being, not about being organized. So when we seek to understand reality in terms of it's logic and organization, we are doing so as human beings responding to a natural human urge, but we're not really looking at reality in it's own way.

The way of reality isn't about order and logic, it seems to be more about being (existence) as a natural, spontaneous expression of something. We don't know what that something is, but if we look at it carefully, it does not appear to be based on logic or order as we are urged to seek and define these. This existential expression seems to be more motivated by a desire for variety, or some sort of egalitarian generosity, wherein all things that can exist, will exist, for as long as they are able to exist, and then something else that can take it's place, will. It's almost as if the essential motive of existence is more an expression of abundance than of any logical philosophical goal, or order.

To be blunt, I just don't think that God thinks like we think: in an ordered and linear way, with some goal or motive to be achieved. God just immediately expresses itself, explodes into being, without thinking. All of existence is the spontaneous expression of God's own being. There is no goal or motive other than God expressing God's self.

So, just smile and enjoy, for as long as it lasts.

Rolling_Stone

Creatorship, I think, can hardly be an attribute of God, but rather is the aggregate of God's acting nature. "Things" do not exist as such, "creation" is composed of patterns of dominant characteristics and mind, being intrinsic to the aggregate, gives it form, not God. What can be more intimate than experiencing God as the essence of our very being?

Wiz got it right:
God made life to learn Oneness, Ego corrupts this.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Read your bible or do we have to do it for you?-For Gods Pleasure

But you must remember that is if one thought of God is Biblical. Mine isn't, to me God(or the Gods for that matter where created by something, so like there parent wish to create life, and we are the same, we wish to create life and bring children into this world.

Halcyon said:
Perhaps God was just expressing itself, like an artist or a musician. Creating something with no reason other than the will to create?

I agree with this thought here, God is an Artist. Though not all of his art turns at good.

wonderingsoul

I think the question should be, since God knows everything and knows what is going to happen before it happens, why did he create mankind knowing how we would end up? If he knew all the bad things that were going to happen, why create humans? no one knows, not even religions :shrug:

wizanda

Premium Member
I think the question should be, since God knows everything and knows what is going to happen before it happens, why did he create mankind knowing how we would end up? If he knew all the bad things that were going to happen, why create humans? no one knows, not even religions

To learn Oneness----->what does this take?
To let go off Ego, how much does that cost?
What is the point in this:
:confused:((( "I Am" ))):confused:

O = Circle of Life
:)camp:)=:angel2:

Yet how to teach, test, refine.....without time?

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I think the question should be, since God knows everything and knows what is going to happen before it happens, why did he create mankind knowing how we would end up? If he knew all the bad things that were going to happen, why create humans? no one knows, not even religions

Who is to say humanity has ended up badly? I think we turned out pretty well. Sure there are bad people, but there are many good people as well. We are imperfect, but it is our imperfection which makes us perfect.