• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did God create homosexuality?

Azrael Antilla

I somewhat agree, but I think it's also about the issue of "conformity". There's so many people in this world who take the "my way or the highway" approach.

OTOH, all societies need at least some rules, no doubt.
Rules should of course be objective (not irrational). My standard would be that of harm and choice. Rules should forbid harm and imposition on personal autonomy, the removal of choice. For one.

Azrael Antilla

Same to you! Your post was most excellent.
Thanks, as a father to four children, I am most concerned about their freedom of choice and expression, I absolutely do not desire for them to grow up in a regressive persecutory environment, where others believe they have some right to judge them and condemn them, for being human and wanting what most humans want, companionship, love and of course a sex life. If someone wants to deny them those things, then they are the problem, not sexualities gender identities and preferences. It's not anyone elses business. Since none of the above disaffects their own lives or anyone else's. Rant over. Thanks again. X

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Thanks, as a father to four children, I am most concerned about their freedom of choice and expression, I absolutely do not desire for them to grow up in a regressive persecutory environment, where others believe they have some right to judge them and condemn them, for being human and wanting what most humans want, companionship, love and of course a sex life. If someone wants to deny them those things, then they are the problem, not sexualities gender identities and preferences. It's not anyone elses business. Since none of the above disaffects their own lives or anyone else's. Rant over. Thanks again. X
I couldn't agree more.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
The ancient church used this verse to justify same sex marriage.

Yup. A lot of saints were LGBT as well. St. Marina, for instance, was a transgender saint (St. Marinos). St. Sebastian was thought to be gay, and there are two specific saints that are always shown together in icons that were for sure a couple.

Same sex attraction and different gender identities existed in Jesus' time, and after his time too, in his own church.

DNB

Christian
It's Ashoka. But that's okay. Also, I thought you were done here? But okay.

As for Leviticus, I would suggest you check out 1946 | The Mistranslation that Shifted a Culture. I know you won't, but maybe someone on here who is questioning their faith and sexuality will come upon it and it will help them. "Malakoi" and "Aresenokoitai" refer to pedophilia, which was a sexual perversion that was popular with the ancient Greeks at the time, who used it as a rite of religious initiation. The Israelites were like "ew no what the hell is wrong with you" and that's why it ended up in their laws.

"Bimbo" is a slur. Please do not use it. It just makes you look like a bully. Women are women. They can act how they want without you having to tell them how they "should" act. I love that women can choose to be how they wish. I love that men can choose to be how they wish. And, shocker! I love nonbinary people (yes they exist) who dress up however they wish.

Yes. We live in a country where people can dress as they please. You don't get to dictate that to them and be the morality police. I know you would love to be able to dictate that, but you can't. Sorry.

Christians aren't supposed to abhor anybody. Didn't the son of your God say "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"?
Words cannot express how misinformed that you are. Some of the knowledge is slightly esoteric, but, even so, you should be able to discern such nonsense when you hear it. Not only in the facts, but also in the rationale.

Homosexuality is a disgraceful perversion, utterly corrupt and disgraceful.

DNB

Christian
Read my post again. Slower this time.

The many gay people that I know are fine human beings that don't fit into your ridiculous stereotypical views of them. They're much finer people than you appear to be.
If it's true what you are saying, which it is not, they'll be an even finer person if they entirely renounce their homosexual ways, and impress upon others to do the same.
You appear to be part of their problem, approving of, and condoning their twisted behaviour.

DNB

Christian
Homosexuality has existed long before your iron age theology, and it will outlive it too. Your regressive and hateful narrative, will be outlived also. As time goes on, tolerance for your kind of inequitable anti social behaviour, will steadily diminish. As it should. I only hope those like yourself will never forget that there lies eternal opposition to those who try to control and dehumanise others. Whom try to transfer their own sexual insecurities and hangups upon others. Those dubious sin seekers who self righteously set themselves upon a pedestal of judgement and condemn their fellows whom they do not know. Perversely claiming they speak for goodness and love. They do not. They speak for putrid unrelenting hate.
Homosexuality is wicked and sick behaviour. For the sake of everyone's best interest, it needs to stop (even though it never will). But, what's worse, are people like you who, for one, can't even tell the difference between corrupt and depraved behaviour, and that which stems from love, respect and dignity. And two, promoting others to continue in their shameful and disgusting ways.

Do you think that your licentious attitude makes you the enlightened one? Or, do you believe that your apathy, disguised as compassion, gives the impression that you're the non-judgmental and supportive one? It is you and your reckless sentiments who will inflict the hurt upon the people that you claim to be defending, and perpetuate the insanity of their behaviour. Do you know what real emancipation is, it is being of sound and decent mind, and not engaging in acts that can only cause conflict and confusion in the minds of those who practice them. Homosexuals are so confused they can barely assert what gender that they are, as the look like either a male or female, but dress and act in an opposite manner.

Your lack of insight, and true decency and love, is what needs to be eradicated - it is your views that are part of the world's incessant problems.

DNB

Christian
I was reading an article a while back of a true story whereas a woman in Sweden called the police and complain about her neighbor that was naked in his own house. The officer that took the call responded by asking her why she was continuing to look if it offended her?
First of all, who said that she continued to look?
Secondly, if she was able to see the naked person from her vantage point, then it goes without saying that many others were able to also. Therefore, many children, or other innocents may be negatively affected by this exhibitionist, even perverts. Thus, the crime is not walking around your own house naked, but not closing the blinds and being discreet about it. She was justified in complaining.

It's a shame that you were unable to comprehend any of that.

joelr

I didn't read the rest...... just noticed this ^^^

You have no investigative or academic skills imo.
You have not grasped what I do believe in.
You have no knowledge about the gospels.
You only read stuff that reinforces your prejudices.
I know the tactic of “I didn’t really read your post but..”, it’s common when people have no argument. I have already made it clear I study the entire historicity and biblical archeology field. Ehrman and Carrier on NT, Crossan, Pervoe is the Acts expert, Goodacre on Q and Mark as the source, Pagels on the lost gospels, Thompson, William Denver, F. Stravopopolou and many many more. No historian believes the gospels are anything but myth. Even the scholarship in your own religion you ignore. There are no Christian scholars who don’t think the gospels are anonymous. They actually start out with theGreek phrase for “as told to me by…”
Kata evangelion (something like that).
Yes I do believe I know your beliefs. You think a savior demigod from a combination of Jewish and Hellenistic myths is real. And when you have no counter argument you get snippy. Wow never saw that before….,
Not reading my post is just more evidence you are not at all interested in facts or making any attempt to find out what is true. You haven’t responded to any point, including scholarship from within your religion. You responded to me originally but clearly have not ever thought your beliefs through and are not at all looking for an honest exchange.
You claimed Mark can not be a myth because “sightseeing”. Yet when I demonstrate other myths also have similar details you fail to respond and then say I have no investigative skills. It’s like debating with my nephew in junior high.

Last edited:

Bird123

The Bible states that if a man lies with another man they should both be stoned to death. It's my belief that homosexuals are born that way and have no choice over who they're attracted to just like a heterosexual. If this is true why would God create homosexuals when he seems so opposed to their nature? I believe in the God of the Old Testament and believe that he is righteous but I'm confused by this. Did God create homosexuals purely to destroy them or is there something else going on? Does he want a homosexual man to be celibate or to go against his nature and procreate with a woman? Is God offering him the chance to make a huge sacrifice to the highest by denying himself? What are your thoughts?

Perhaps, it's a test to show who will choose to Hate.
Why did God create all the different races?? This too can be a test of hate for some.

God gave everyone a different view to guaranty mankind a larger view than any one person could have. One thing I do know Diversity is a Strength in ways many may not even realize.

So, let me think, how could a homosexual make a difference. How about this: In the journey to understand the opposite sex, sometimes it's hard getting the answers and information. A person who is your same sex yet the opposite sex inside could very well bring insight especially to a person afraid of the opposite sex.

It's all a mosaic of interaction. That's why we are all different. That's why the people in your life are in your life. The results of the diversity and interaction will lead us all forward. Everyone is Special in their own way toward this goal.

In time, each will learn that the price for Hate is always too High. The lessons that return from Hating will never be easy lessons.

Let's see with Loving eyes, sharing that which is Special about each of us with others. If we do, we will all be well on the way of being able to create that Heavenly state not only for ourselves but for those around us.

Remember, it doesn't matter what everyone else chooses to do. It's what you choose to do that counts. If you are being hated, never return hate for hate. The only way to break the cycle of hate is to return Unconditional Love.

Unconditional Love always does what is Best for the other. Think twice, then act. Each person has such great power to touch the lives of others. How will you choose to do this? How will you define yourself??

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

rational experiences

Veteran Member
With God a human status.

Human.

One owning a man's body.
One owning a woman's body.

With God.

Owning no science satanic thesis why.

Hence if we are with God first the only human not with God is deceased humans.

What do deceased humans own?

Heavenly living life DNA human owned lives. Recorded but no longer biological ownership. Expressed recorded personal behaviour.

So if you are no longer expressing the nature of your body correctly to the consciousness of your body. It is because a human is gone from gods presence and is affecting your behaviours.

Those no longer biologically with God.

As it is human behaviour thoughts beliefs that is notified changed.

Hence humans consciously prove as DNA is dying in all forms of human bodily illness. Consciousness changes.

Effect...satanic science UFO ark caused fallout. The water evaporation gas irradiation of natural life.

Witnessed changing as science nuclear and spraying nuclear chemicals is destroying human life.

Intricately science studied.

Human warning rich men are trying to eradicate natural life on earth is a true conscious teaching.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I know the tactic of “I didn’t really read your post but..”, it’s common when people have no argument. I have already made it clear I study the entire historicity and biblical archeology field. Ehrman and Carrier on NT, Crossan, Pervoe is the Acts expert, Goodacre on Q and Mark as the source, Pagels on the lost gospels, Thompson, William Denver, F. Stravopopolou and many many more. No historian believes the gospels are anything but myth. Even the scholarship in your own religion you ignore. There are no Christian scholars who don’t think the gospels are anonymous. They actually start out with theGreek phrase for “as told to me by…”
Kata evangelion (something like that).
Let me try you........ What was Crosson's Jesus like? Did Crosson believe that Jesus existed?
Where did Crosson go wrong in his main field of focus about Jesus?

As for the others, let them come here and debate their ideas, those that still live, that is.
You haven't got a debate, all you seem to do is parrot other people.

Yes I do believe I know your beliefs. You think a savior demigod from a combination of Jewish and Hellenistic myths is real. And when you have no counter argument you get snippy. Wow never saw that before….,
Your total lack of observational or investigating skills is clear for all RF to see.
I believe in none of the above.

Not reading my post is just more evidence you are not at all interested in facts or making any attempt to find out what is true. You haven’t responded to any point, including scholarship from within your religion. You responded to me originally but clearly have not ever thought your beliefs through and are not at all looking for an honest exchange.
You haven't made any claims and shown your work in arriving at them.
You Parrot other people.

You claimed Mark can not be a myth because “sightseeing”.
Wrong. :facepalm:
I claim that Jesus and disciples could not have visited the Temple as often as G-John suggests. Maybe once a year, if that.

Your comprehension is very poor.

Yet when I demonstrate other myths also have similar details you fail to respond and then say I have no investigative skills. It’s like debating with my nephew in junior high.
If only you would put copy-quote parts of the gospel to one side rather than trashing the whole of them. You're actions remind me of some kind of academic vandal, Joel.

Azrael Antilla

Homosexuality is wicked and sick behaviour. For the sake of everyone's best interest, it needs to stop (even though it never will). But, what's worse, are people like you who, for one, can't even tell the difference between corrupt and depraved behaviour, and that which stems from love, respect and dignity. And two, promoting others to continue in their shameful and disgusting ways.

Do you think that your licentious attitude makes you the enlightened one? Or, do you believe that your apathy, disguised as compassion, gives the impression that you're the non-judgmental and supportive one? It is you and your reckless sentiments who will inflict the hurt upon the people that you claim to be defending, and perpetuate the insanity of their behaviour. Do you know what real emancipation is, it is being of sound and decent mind, and not engaging in acts that can only cause conflict and confusion in the minds of those who practice them. Homosexuals are so confused they can barely assert what gender that they are, as the look like either a male or female, but dress and act in an opposite manner.

Your lack of insight, and true decency and love, is what needs to be eradicated - it is your views that are part of the world's incessant problems.
Your disgusting opinions and comments simply reveal what you are. So please. Do continue to illuminate us all. You do more to turn people away from faith and belief with your vile prejudice and perverted views than an atheist like me could achieve in a thousand years. Your kind and the things you say are ultimately extremely helpful to my cause. Your vicious poisonous rhetoric is gold to us anti theists who oppose religious indoctrination. Unalloyed gold. Make no mistake about that. You can never eradicate atheism, you can never eliminate liberalism. All you can do is rail against the tide, singing your swansong of hate fear ignorance insecurity and weakness. I would express pity for you, if I didn't hate your type of beliefs and the consequences of them as much as I do, which I do. With almost religious passion. Eradicate my paradigm? You have no hope. Your theology your ideals your so called values. They're on borrowed time. We will win, we will defeat the persecutors, the human hating hypocrites whom walk among us.

Last edited:

Azrael Antilla

If it's true what you are saying, which it is not, they'll be an even finer person if they entirely renounce their homosexual ways, and impress upon others to do the same.
You appear to be part of their problem, approving of, and condoning their twisted behaviour.
I support approve of and condone personal freedoms, luckily for Christians and other theists. Because if I didn't, I'd be posting comments like yours about Christians instead of homosexuals. You're welcome.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Words cannot express how misinformed that you are. Some of the knowledge is slightly esoteric, but, even so, you should be able to discern such nonsense when you hear it. Not only in the facts, but also in the rationale.

Homosexuality is a disgraceful perversion, utterly corrupt and disgraceful.

lol. I expected this. Just stamping "WRONG" on my forehead after giving evidence. But again, I do it more for the seekers on this forum, not for you. I know you won't be convinced. But maybe it will help someone who is really struggling with their faith and sexuality. And that makes it worth it.

Azrael Antilla

lol. I expected this. Just stamping "WRONG" on my forehead after giving evidence. But again, I do it more for the seekers on this forum, not for you. I know you won't be convinced. But maybe it will help someone who is really struggling with their faith and sexuality. And that makes it worth it.
Precisely. I hope your comments do help theists come to terms with sexuality and sex itself. It's a serious matter. Sexual repression, is extremely dangerous, to society and the individual, certainly from a criminal justice point of view. Sadly certain religious narratives foster harmful attitudes to sex. This guy, is a frikken good example. Of that dysfunction.