• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why can't we have a relationship with other men?

AmbiguousGuy

Well the most simple answer i can give you is that God doesn't approve such actions, i think there are also religions that belief and maybe....

I don't know how so many religions got it wrong. Actually God is fine with homosexuality.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
But why can't we make love to people of our gender. I don't get it. I am attracted to men.

correction: According to religion I meant.

Volumes and volumes of debates and refutations, translations of religious texts, commentaries have been written on the subject. Many religions don't give it a second thought. It seems that the Judeo-Christian-Islamic religions and the Bahá'í Faith are the major ones that have problems with it. Hinduism has nothing to say theologically about it, and afaik Buddhism is wishy-washy on the subject.

I'm gay, and have no problem with who I am. In fact, if I were not legally partnered I would probably be the biggest man-**** known to... well, to man. :D More likely, actually, I would probably be celibate, not because there's anything wrong with gay sex or relationships, but because of where I am in my spiritual quest. Even if I were straight and single I would probably be brahmacharya (celibate and abstinence from sex).

The Eastern Orthodox Church is no better than the Roman Catholic Church in its views on homosexuality. Both the late Archbishop Christodoulos and Patriarch Alexey had some very un-Christian things to say about gays.

davidthegreek

Volumes and volumes of debates and refutations, translations of religious texts, commentaries have been written on the subject. Many religions don't give it a second thought. It seems that the Judeo-Christian-Islamic religions and the Bahá'í Faith are the major ones that have problems with it. Hinduism has nothing to say theologically about it, and afaik Buddhism is wishy-washy on the subject.

I'm gay, and have no problem with who I am. In fact, if I were not legally partnered I would probably be the biggest man-**** known to... well, to man. :D More likely, actually, I would probably be celibate, not because there's anything wrong with gay sex or relationships, but because of where I am in my spiritual quest. Even if I were straight and single I would probably be brahmacharya (celibate and abstinence from sex).

The Eastern Orthodox Church is no better than the Roman Catholic Church in its views on homosexuality. Both the late Archbishop Christodoulos and Patriarch Alexey had some very un-Christian things to say about gays.
I heared, but I am not sure how true this is, that christodoulos (may God have mercy upon him), was gay too. And you are saying that he had un-christian things to say about them? go figure.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
And you are saying that he had un-christian things to say about them? go figure.

Of course his writings on the subject won't be found on the internet anymore, but I think the word he used was 'deviants'. It sticks in my mind.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't mean like doing orgies and wicked stuff like that. But why can't we make love to people of our gender. I don't get it. I am attracted to men.

You can love and have sex with whomever you please. If you don't follow the faith in which it is considered a sin, then you are not bound by the rules of that faith. I can't speak of each of those faiths. Some Christian denominations do accept gay members, for the record.

davidthegreek

You can love and have sex with whomever you please. If you don't follow the faith in which it is considered a sin, then you are not bound by the rules of that faith. I can't speak of each of those faiths. Some Christian denominations do accept gay members, for the record.

Paul calls it a sin though?

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Romans 1:26

For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

One thing this passage is saying is that these desires are not part of God's original plan for the human machine to function, even if they've been present since birth. What it ultimately is saying is that chasing such desires won't provide true contentment even if they provide immediate pleasure. Also, keep in mind that many of the people that describe themselves as "Christians" on this forum subscribe to doctrines that are deemed heretical by orthodox Christianity. My point is that you shouldn't assume that every self-decribed "Christian" is giving you an orthodox/traditional Christian perspective.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
There are a lot of things in the Bible that christians today consider fashions or rules resulting in what was acceptable and not acceptable in the culture at the time. I dont see why homosexuality couldnt be one of them.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
Nope, if you're a Christian you better not bugger and you better not blow, you better not fondle or rub out a bro, 'caus Santa Claus is comin' to town.

Of course you can love men. Dont believe a 2000 year old doctrine to make your choices. If you like men go out and date men dont let a book block your feelings. Nature does what it does

Last edited:

mayuboar

If your concerned about what the bible says in regards to your actions don't worry.

if we followed the true bibles teachings half the people on earth would be killed, your not alone in displeasing the religion.

god is your concern, not any religion, and if god is as wise as he is, he will understand you and you will not have an issue, after all he made you gay.

davidthegreek

If your concerned about what the bible says in regards to your actions don't worry.

if we followed the true bibles teachings half the people on earth would be killed, your not alone in displeasing the religion.

god is your concern, not any religion, and if god is as wise as he is, he will understand you and you will not have an issue, after all he made you gay.
No he didn't. My hormones and genes did. ,You can't blame everything on God.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
no. But I don't believe it's God's work. It has a lot to do with our genes and hormones.

A lot of christians I know believe that god designs us individually, all aspects and nothing about us is a mistake. Therefore it would be logical to assume that he also makes people heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual etc.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't mean like doing orgies and wicked stuff like that. But why can't we make love to people of our gender. I don't get it. I am attracted to men.

But you can. If all involved are consenting adults, and if it neither victimizes nor violates the rights of others, then go for it. Don't worry about the silly things that ancient primitives had placed in the mouth of god.