• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Can't People Accept Other Views?

eXiled

I like logic.
Yeah, sounds like a lot of things. I perhaps research too much and know the symptoms of many diseases. Bloodwork is fine, heart is fine, kidneys, gastro...err.. stuff is fine. lol It sounds like fibromyalgia, and lupus... but I'm leaning more towards mercury poisoning because of the timing.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
P.S ...dont be afraid.Fear will drive your disease...

Talk about it..that sounds silly I know....we all have fears ..we all get sick..

Blessings

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Yeah, sounds like a lot of things. I perhaps research too much and know the symptoms of many diseases. Bloodwork is fine, heart is fine, kidneys, gastro...err.. stuff is fine. lol It sounds like fibromyalgia, and lupus... but I'm leaning more towards mercury poisoning because of the timing.

well...then thats good...you can detox..

Blessings

Dallas

eXiled

I like logic.
Yeah, I know. I try not to be afraid, but it's hard. I've been otherwise healthy all of my life and then this. It's hard to be strong when this new stuff hits you at such a young age and impales your life.

Thanks for listening. Appreciate it.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Yeah, I know. I try not to be afraid, but it's hard. I've been otherwise healthy all of my life and then this. It's hard to be strong when this new stuff hits you at such a young age and impales your life.

Thanks for listening. Appreciate it.

My pleasure brother....We all get hit..One way or another..We all get afraid sometimes..

Blessings

Dallas

eXiled

I like logic.
I just hope that's what it is... seems you have to go through an act of Congress to get anything done medically these days. It's all about business, it seems. I've got a detox plan already planned out, it's getting these evil things out of my mouth.

eXiled

I like logic.
lol I think our timing is off!

Yeah, fear coming from a Marine... it's a rarity. Trust me when I say, I don't get afraid... now, I've never been more scared in my life.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
lol I think our timing is off!

Yeah, fear coming from a Marine... it's a rarity. Trust me when I say, I don't get afraid... now, I've never been more scared in my life.

Maybe YOUR timing is off??? Ever think of that????LOL! :no:

Blessings

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I just hope that's what it is... seems you have to go through an act of Congress to get anything done medically these days. It's all about business, it seems. I've got a detox plan already planned out, it's getting these evil things out of my mouth.

You mean you think its "fillings" ????

You think the dental work involviing mercury did it...Oh damn!!! That esplains my problems!...I have a head full of mercury!..I have asked my doctor..they are "vague" about it..And I have minimal symptoms but I have them none the less...

Oh...

Blessings

Dallas

eXiled

I like logic.
Yeah, I've done my research and it all points to it. The problem is that doctors won't take you seriously. What worse is that it doesn't appear in normal bloodwork. I just did the math... got the fillings... parts falling off in my sleep... got super sick... it all fits. So, I'm having to go at it alone. Getting the teeth pulled, (there's only two, so, it shouldn't be bad). It's just the bureaucracy trying to get anything medical done these days. Especially without insurance.

And yeah... it's probably my timing that's off. lol

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

Some people and groups can indeed accept other religions!

I quote from the Baha'i scriptures:

"There can be no doubt whatever that the peoples of the world, of whatever race or religion, derive their inspiration from one heavenly Source, and are the subjects of one God. The difference between the ordinances under which they abide should be attributed to the varying requirements and exigencies of the age in which they were revealed. All of them, except a few which are the outcome of human perversity, were ordained of God, and are a reflection of His Will and Purpose. Arise and, armed with the power of faith, shatter to pieces the gods of your vain imaginings, the sowers of dissension amongst you. Cleave unto that which draweth you together and uniteth you."

-- (The Proclamation of Baha'u'llah, page 114)

(And as to your opening quote, it's false because it's incomplete: more sophistication is eminently possible provided you simply take in additional energy to power the change as well as the loss to entropy!)

Peace, :)

Bruce

mudge991

Greetings!

Some people and groups can indeed accept other religions!

I quote from the Baha'i scriptures:

"There can be no doubt whatever that the peoples of the world, of whatever race or religion, derive their inspiration from one heavenly Source, and are the subjects of one God. The difference between the ordinances under which they abide should be attributed to the varying requirements and exigencies of the age in which they were revealed. All of them, except a few which are the outcome of human perversity, were ordained of God, and are a reflection of His Will and Purpose. Arise and, armed with the power of faith, shatter to pieces the gods of your vain imaginings, the sowers of dissension amongst you. Cleave unto that which draweth you together and uniteth you."

-- (The Proclamation of Baha'u'llah, page 114)

(And as to your opening quote, it's false because it's incomplete: more sophistication is eminently possible provided you simply take in additional energy to power the change as well as the loss to entropy!)

Peace, :)

Bruce

According to Bahá'u'lláh, it was during his imprisonment in the Síyáh-Chál that he had several mystical experiences, and that he received a vision of a Maiden from God, through whom he received his mission as a Messenger of God and as the One whose coming the Báb had prophesied.

does it sound like he was channeling Joseph Smith? :D

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I think of things quite often, and one of my thoughts is if all the Gods of various religions are the same one. Sure, there are differences in various religions, but there are a lot of similarities, too. There seem to be more similarities than differences.

This isn't quite the thoughts most Christians are supposed to have and so I usually don't talk about it on Christian forums. I know they will quote the verse 'no one comes to father but by me' and so on. That verse can even be explained that Jesus meant that those who saw Him and knew who He was the only way to the Father was by Him.

I don't know if I am right or wrong about this, but I do think about it quite often.

mudge991

I think of things quite often, and one of my thoughts is if all the Gods of various religions are the same one. Sure, there are differences in various religions, but there are a lot of similarities, too. There seem to be more similarities than differences.

This isn't quite the thoughts most Christians are supposed to have and so I usually don't talk about it on Christian forums. I know they will quote the verse 'no one comes to father but by me' and so on. That verse can even be explained that Jesus meant that those who saw Him and knew who He was the only way to the Father was by Him.

I don't know if I am right or wrong about this, but I do think about it quite often.

Lots of similarities, in fact, so many that the bible isn't original in any way. It's all been said before to varying degrees.

lew0049

CWebb
People only see the good things in life... some people, not all, haven't experienced tragic and disturbing hardships to make them see logic. Such as, if God exists, then... (insert scenario here). So those people are, of course, adamant about God and religion.

Let something bad happen, though, and let them see that God doesn't listen, then... there you go.

Just my view, anyway.

I agree to an extent with this argument; however, a common response to believing in a God or having faith is the "wishful thinking" idea, an idea that is completely unsound and disproves nothing about their being a God.

blackout

Violet.
Why would I
How could I
"Accept" the view of another
if it does not line up with my own personal view?

Surely I can check out the new angle
Surely I can accept that others hold differing views and outlooks from my own.
But to accept them as my own, when they are not? :shrug: