• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Blasphemy is dangerous

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The earth will last forever. Psalm 37:29 Ecclesiastes 1:4 Psalm 104:5

The world will be destroyed. 1 John 2:17

Of course, it isn't the first time the world has been destroyed. The flood of Noah's day for example, was an end of the world.

But we know that flood never happened. Are you saying that the world will not be destroyed then either?

By the way in about four or five billion years the Earth will most likely be destroyed.

Earthling

David Henson
But we know that flood never happened. Are you saying that the world will not be destroyed then either?

By the way in about four or five billion years the Earth will most likely be destroyed.

That is so funny. We know that flood never happened. At least you say most likely in the second one.

You don't know anything dude.

[Edit] Let me rephrase that for accuracy. We don't know much of anything, dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That is so funny. We know that flood never happened. At least you say most likely in the second one.

I obviously know far more than you do. And if you could get over your fear you could learn why we know there was no flood as well.

Earthling

David Henson
I obviously know far more than you do. And if you could get over your fear you could learn why we know there was no flood as well.

Oh, yeah, now you're going to teach me that? I don't think so. You know, all you had to do is teach me science and evolution without mentioning God, but you wouldn't do that because all you are interested in is getting rid of the concept of God. Had you just taught me science and evolution like you said you would, without God, then if you are right I would see it myself.

You screwed it up. Because of your religious adherence to science. When I first came here I kept asking you science minded atheists why you wasted your time trying to dispel a myth instead of doing or learning science. The answer, of course, I knew all along. Because your more interested in getting rid of God.

It's a world view.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh, yeah, now you're going to teach me that? I don't think so. You know, all you had to do is teach me science and evolution without mentioning God, but you wouldn't do that because all you are interested in is getting rid of the concept of God. Had you just taught me science and evolution like you said you would, without God, then if you are right I would see it myself.

You screwed it up. Because of your religious adherence to science. When I first came here I kept asking you science minded atheists why you wasted your time trying to dispel a myth instead of doing or learning science. The answer, of course, I knew all along. Because your more interested in getting rid of God.

It's a world view.

Of course if you won't let yourself learn then I can't help you. Anyone with even a high school level of scientific literacy can easily understand why we know that there was no flood. And you were the one that would not let go of the God idea. You were the one that thought that the fact that you are a descendant of an ape somehow refuted the Christian version of God. It only refutes mistaken beliefs of some Christians. But then you believe in an evil version of God. If you can let go of your false beliefs for a little while you could learn.

By the way, religion is your weakness. Not mine. I have noticed that you quite often accuse others of doing what you are guilty of. I have no interest in getting rid of God. Only the evil version of God that some people strangely worship.

Can you tell me why you worship a god that not only is evil but lies as well?

Earthling

David Henson
Usually, posters here describe me using different terms.

Yeah, I get that a lot too. I like to think of it like Jesus said: Paraphrasing, a prophet is never taken seriously in his home town. By extension my home town happens to be where ever I lay my hat, physically or virtually, but you get the picture.

KT Shamim

Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
Danger of Blasphemy and "freedom of speech"

I wonder when the world will wake up. I hope before a fanatic terrorist lays his hands on nukes.
1: Kim screaming to nuke USA
2: I S I S threatening Moscow
3: Pakistan telling to nuke Netherlands

Religious fanatics are dangerous, esp. when they read Quran promising 70 virgins for certain acts.

Of course I know "Islam is religion of Peace"
Of course I know "Religious Freedom" + "Freedom of Speech"
But now they start a different tune "We nuke the peace out of you"
"Freedom of Speech" might get you nuked soon

Geert Wilders started a cartoon competition [inviting American cartoonist]:

Response from "Pakistan politician":
Pakistan politician wants to NUKE the Netherlands: ‘Give me an atom bomb and I’ll wipe Holland off the face of the earth’
[IN RESPONSE TO PROPHET MUHAMMAD CARTOON COMPETITION]

https://gellerreport.com/2018/07/jihad-nuke-holland.html/
Well I agree with the part where you say Pakistani clerics (specifically the one in question) are dangerous as hell. I would not be surprised if they'll go through with their threat. I love my country yet if clerics are given power it is fair to say they could do this. And, unfortunately, clerics are gaining more and more power.

For me the saddest part is that all this is done in the name of Islam and the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). There is no "Quran promising 70 virgins for certain acts" ... anywhere. That is false.

Finally, I condemn the cartoon competition and certainly don't believe it should be protected under freedom of speech because it is a campaign designed to put fuel on the fire.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I like that. I fully agree, I also don't know much of anything, and definitely not for sure.
I can't find a cure for my own physical problems. Then claiming to know everything about God would be the most "funny", "silly" and above all "stupid" thing to say IMHO

That is not a smart thing to say, especially for an atheist IMO. You need to know exactly what Rothschild thinks. Considering you two met "virtual ONLY" it seems unlikely
Of course if you believe in God, being all knowing, then, if you had a straight connection with God, then of course you could make such a claim. But seems unlikely again.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Well I agree with the part where you say Pakistani clerics (specifically the one in question) are dangerous as hell. I would not be surprised if they'll go through with their threat. I love my country yet if clerics are given power it is fair to say they could do this. And, unfortunately, clerics are gaining more and more power.

For me the saddest part is that all this is done in the name of Islam and the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). There is no "Quran promising 70 virgins for certain acts" ... anywhere. That is false.

Finally, I condemn the cartoon competition and certainly don't believe it should be protected under freedom of speech because it is a campaign designed to put fuel on the fire.
I would not be surprised either.
Most western people have not much empathy, hence the stupid cartoon competition, and think they can and should (be able to) say whatever they like.
Because their lack of empathy they also can't imagine such a threat will happen. They forget "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck"

Even if clerics don't gain power, soon the nukes will be available on ebay "so to speak". It's all about the Law of "supply and demand" [and some billionaires running the "show"]

I fully agree with your last line. Very bad competition. "Freedom of Speech" should be to express yourself without hurting others in anyway IMHO.

Indeed it is to put fuel on the fire.

Note 1: Using "Freedom of Speech without hurting others", Muslims should not say "Islam is the only/best way or so". This is putting fuel on fire also [soul trashing others]. Agreed???

Note 2:
You better recheck Quran about the virgins IMHO "http://www.aviperry.org/political-b...n-of-72-virgins-in-islamic-paradise-come-from"
Despite the disclaimer by some Muslims, the truth is very clear. The 72 Virginsnotion has its origins in the Qur'an. Although the holy book does not specify the number as 72, it does say that those who fight in the way of Allah and are killed will be given a great reward. It goes on to stipulate that Muslims will be awarded with women in Islamic heaven. It even describes their physical attributes—large eyes (Q 56:22) and big, firm, round "swelling breasts" that are not inclined to sagging (Q 78:33). The Qur'an refers to these virgins as houri, companions of equal age, but the highly-flavored emphasis of their bodily characteristics, including their virginity, gave rise to many hadiths and other Islamic writings...

Last edited:

Earthling

David Henson
Perhaps, but he constantly displays a lack of understanding of almost every topic that he touches on here. That includes the Bible. When one's understanding is predicated upon the myths that one believes in it leads to a very distorted view of that book. If one understands that it is merely the best folklore that a rather primitive tribe (by today's standards) could come up with the Bible is not nearly so difficult to understand. When it comes to the sciences he knows almost nothing. Not due to a lack of intelligence, but due to the fact that the sciences contradict his interpretation of the Bible and he can't afford to let himself understand.

I truly believe that if he could put his beliefs on hold that he could understand the information that has been presented to him.

Like I've said before, I was an unbeliever for 27 years. I was taught evolution in school for years, the same as anyone else, and I rejected it then as nonsense. Long before I became a believer in the Bible.

I admitted that I was ignorant on the subject of science and evolution, and asked you to teach me so long as we didn't have to drag God into it, and you couldn't do it, and then blamed it on me!

Ridiculous.