• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why blame Islam?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
To answer your question yes its an actual event.
So i commit the murder to show the love i have for my mother and you blame my human reaction on my religion Islam.
Why do you blame Islam for my human reaction?

My previous post (#19) may have answered your question, or it may not. For the time being I will just add that religions are supposed to be responsible for teaching their adherents basic moral guidance and values, and if it turns out that Islam teaches you to pursue vengeance over understanding and mutual acceptance then sure, I feel fully entitled to blame Islam and you.

For it would be very much a human reaction, certainly. But also a good piece of evidence for the dangers of following Islam.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
This has nothing to do with Islam, this is a murder??? committed by a person with a huge problem with violence, Islam contains violence in the Koran, just as the Bible contains violence, especially in the Old Testament. Islam, Christianity, and Judaism have historically had some very violent periods, but so have Atheist, Agnostic and Pagan governments or societies. Violence in not a trait of this or that religion, but a human nature of flawed humans that often use their misunderstanding of religion to justify their violence.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
If someone swears,insult or hurt my mother then my natural human reaction will be to warn that person not to take my mothers name.If he continues then i will give him a final warning that if he does not stop then i will kill him.
Now if this person continues with his insults then i have no option but to kill him.I will be labelled a murderer and the law of the country that i am living in will take its course.
My question is who do you blame for the murder?
Do you blame me or do you blame my religion Islam.

The part I've drawn emphasis to is a false dichotomy - you're expecting that blame can only be apportioned to either yourself or your religion when both of you can be at fault. Indeed, Islam is at fault here as much as you are because of the attitude it fosters in Muslims regarding Mohammed - an attitude taken to extreme by many. By 'many' I mean citizens of countries where depicting Mohammed is regarded as blasphemous and can lead to imprisonment or death (whether at the hands of the government or a mob).

Oh, and the analogy between insulting Mohammed and your mother is a false one. Your mother is the person who brought you into the world and (presumably) raised you, taught you, cared for you, helped you become the person you are today. These are fairly self-evident in who you are and how you regard your mother - it's not something that needs to be taught - it's something most people would come to realise on their own. Not so with Mohammed. With Mohammed, Muslims are taught to revere a man who has been dead for over 1000 years; a man whom they have never met and do not know personally, a man who has never had a hand in raising them, a man they only know of through highly biased religious descriptions, a man who is attested to have done horrible things yet Muslims are taught that he is a holy man - a role model for today's world. You need to be taught to love Mohammed - to revere him and respect him.

Last edited:

Lyndon

Premium Member
So if you were raised a Catholic and you were a member of the mafia, Mexican or Italian, and as part of your culture and position you murdered people, you would blame Catholicism, not the murderer, that's just plain nutso!!!

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Please provide me with proof that Islam indoctrinated me with commiting murder.

Where did you get the Idea that killing people for making insults was acceptable, or indeed part of human nature.
Some one must have taught you this. It may have been your association with islam, Or your association with people who also believed this.
That would beg the question "where did they get the Idea that such killing was acceptable, themselves"?

Though not unique to Islam It does seem to be a prevalent belief in that society.

Sees

Dragonslayer
So if you were raised a Catholic and you were a member of the mafia, Mexican or Italian, and as part of your culture and position you murdered people, you would blame Catholicism, not the murderer, that's just plain nutso!!!

Not a single person in this thread has said or suggested that. Over-dramatization doesn't distract smart folks, by the way.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Lyndon said:

Not a single person in this thread has said or suggested that. Over-dramatization doesn't distract smart folks, by the way.

You don't seem to understand my analogy, replace Catholic with Muslim in my statement, and yes people will agree with it, yet if I say Catholic, "religion has nothing to do with it"

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
Please provide me with proof that Islam indoctrinated me with commiting murder.

Proof is in your initial questions:
"My question is who do you blame for the murder?
Do you blame me or do you blame my religion Islam."

Why would you ask if we blamed your religion unless you'd been taught through Islam to believe that murder was the proper response? Where did you get the idea that being offensive is a capital sin, be it to your mother, or Mohammed, or Islam itself? BTW, Mohammed was just another false, self-serving "prophet" like Paul, the parallels abound.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Insulting of a mother was specifically chosen because it isn't really associated with Islam at face value, not especially characteristic - though violence, aggression, condemnation to punishment over words and beliefs are. Especially if Islam is portrayed as the victim.

It's part of the game. If a Muslim kicks a dog do we blame Islam? Just as silly. Distract from the things more relevant and truly associated with the ideology in part or whole.

Along with the tactic of -

Article/person - "Islam promotes misogyny and a culture where some degree of wife beating is permissible."

Apologist/familiar - "Oh my God he said all Muslims beat their wives! All Muslim men hate women?! There's no such thing as a good Muslim husband?! You Islamaphobic, warmongering jerk!"

Gullible bystanders - "wow, he saved Islam and stuck up for the Muslims of the world"

Lyndon

Premium Member
Seriously folks you need to look at this link; Murder rates per capita by country, the Average for Muslim countries is no more if not less than the rate in America. In Brazil, much of South America, and mostly Christian parts of Africa, the highest. In Saudi Arabia with strict Sharia law, one of the lowest rates along with much of Europe(with all those "evil" Muslim immigrants), this myth you guys are propagating of Islam being a violent religion is just that; a Myth spread by Islamophobes the world over.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By far and above all the most violent countries in the world are almost all Christian, not Muslim. And the less religious the Christian countries are, the less violent they are, on average.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
If someone swears,insult or hurt my mother then my natural human reaction will be to warn that person not to take my mothers name.If he continues then i will give him a final warning that if he does not stop then i will kill him.
Now if this person continues with his insults then i have no option but to kill him.I will be labelled a murderer and the law of the country that i am living in will take its course.
My question is who do you blame for the murder?
Do you blame me or do you blame my religion Islam.
I blame the ISIS for destory the reputation of Islam by this horrify crimes, that done by the name of Islam .

and I blame West and Kings of Oil , for directly involved in Syria and Iraq and Libya caused civil wars and terrorism , by the name of democraty and changing "bad regimes "

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Lyndon said:

You don't seem to understand my analogy, replace Catholic with Muslim in my statement, and yes people will agree with it, yet if I say Catholic, "religion has nothing to do with it"

There is such a thing as simply noticing that an analogy does not hold.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I blame the ISIS for destory the reputation of Islam by this horrify crimes, that done by the name of Islam .

and I blame West and Kings of Oil , for directly involved in Syria and Iraq and Libya caused civil wars and terrorism , by the name of democraty and changing "bad regimes "

But ISIS did not arise mysteriously out of nothing. It was a consequence of very specific circunstances, both political and religious.

It is obviously not representative of Islam as a whole, but at the same time it is also the latest in a long string of evidence that the message of Islam can be and often is abused for violent purposes.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I blame the ISIS for destory the reputatioaof Islam by this horrify crimes, that done by the name of Islam .

The first sentence is faintly on topic by the mere mention of Islam, second isn't related at all.

Seriously, folks. Obvious distraction attempts are not good for any case.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
The first sentence is faintly on topic by the mere mention of Islam, second isn't related at all.

Seriously, folks. Obvious distraction attempts are not good for any case.
do you deny for any involved of West in Syria and Iraq and Libya ?

Lyndon

Premium Member
Well by comparing countries per capita murder rates, we've firmly established that Christianity is a much more violent influence than Islam. So all these anti Muslim arguments fall flat on there face, the SCIENTIFIC facts do not support the premise that Islam is a more violent religion, the fact of the matter is we all have violent tendencies
Seriously folks you need to look at this link; Murder rates per capita by country, the Average for Muslim countries is no more if not less than the rate in America. In Brazil, much of South America, and mostly Christian parts of Africa, the highest. In Saudi Arabia with strict Sharia law, one of the lowest rates along with much of Europe(with all those "evil" Muslim immigrants), this myth you guys are propagating of Islam being a violent religion is just that; a Myth spread by Islamophobes the world over.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By far and above all the most violent countries in the world are almost all Christian, not Muslim. And the less religious the Christian countries are, the less violent they are, on average.[/QUOTE/]