• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are you staying sober?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It is extremely difficult for me to go a day without hating God for giving miserable people like me their lives.

On the drug comes intense joy, nothing compares without it, and rarely is life enjoyable ( or not horrifying, torture) without it.

It's tough to choose unhappy reality: pain, and boredom, fatigue, + regret, hopelessness, a constant need for sleep, (a desire and prayer for tears that almost never come) over a quick fix.....

Choose that misery over a drug
which has power to take me from a suicidal state, to an unfathomable feeling of well being...(it's tough to never do again when those are the options).

I've made it 65 days.... that's the longest (without the one exception of 3 months in jail where it was not voluntary) I've gone without it completely, since 2018.

I want to again apologize to the forum again (because the long, incoherent, inappropriate, perverted, manic, immature posting on the chemical. That is a source of great shame).

Even a month of abstinence from the drug, on brain scans it shows very little repair in the amount of dopamine the brain is capable of releasing ( in order to feel Joy or pleasure it did prior to meth addiction).

The brain in the scans I saw in treatment , shows dopamine (highlighted in red ) shows it is almost back to normal after 14 months.

Because of how slow the healing process is with that drug, treatment centers usually do not offer enough time without temptation and around professionals, for a person to be back in the world.

They don't offer enough to experience the sufficient healing mentally that is needed to go back to being tempted in the world.... or stressed and unable to properly enjoy hobbies or pleasures.

Thing is, my life has always been a nightmare (with the exception of a rare friendship, which I currently don't have among the living in real life or offline..such people are about one in 500 million people on the planet im guessing, whose presence/friendship can replace the joy the drugs offer) , life is misery (unless it seems a dead person or something supernatural is intervening).

Everything is just a distraction from the fact that we get sick, old, crippled, disabled , abused, raped, murdered, die of some other cause, and face the extremely sadistic god(s) who condemned us to this disgusting, heartbreaking, vain rat race, freak show, depressing, exhausting, frustrating world of filth, tears, poverty, confusion, and dreams that almost never come true (and when they do, it doesn't last long till they decay or are stolen).

Id just assume my mother have aborted me or there be an off button, because I'm overall just causing contagious sorrow/hopelessness, and passionately hate the God who created this mess, tortures already tortured souls, and sends demons and monsters among us to increase sorrow, desperation, panic, hell, injustice, war, terror, chaos, sickness.

I see from scripture, it's very obvious that man and women were created for God to torture, terrify, kill, play sick games with, confuse, tempt with forbidden fruit, fill with false hopes , traumatize, , abandon, and divide for wars and other drama (tribulation) to entertain a cruel God. (If the scripture have any truth).

...my only relative I talk to is out of state (and often hangs up) as well....

i will try to stay sober, ( the insanely long, incoherent, and sexually inappropriate posts that are all over the place (when I use drugs) being one big motivation)...

, but not because I feel I will ever come close to feeling any real sustainable (stable, consistent) joy do I decide that. Drugs have always been the only way to make hatred for God, lack of blasphemy, and the lack of misery/ boredom happen.

Drugs actually make me believe Jesus is the messiah or that his father is worthy of praise (or that my mom and Dad aren't worthless). Nothing else makes that happen.

But im willing to be serious about sobriety for sobriety sake, stable better health, sanity, less guilt, less shame.... it's worth the consistent misery for once....

Occasional euphoria and joy is always mixed with far worse humiliation, poverty, hopelessness, weakness, dangers, health + tooth decay....

So , no joy, consistent misery: in exchange for better health, better virtue, cleaner conscience, better reputation, and an account at RF that isn't suspended...is best.... successful suicide might not be better if I'm in a worse hell or leave some of you without me. ;):thumbsup:

Without moderation being possible, it will always create worse misery to experience joy that drugs make possible.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Id just assume my mother have aborted me or there be an off button, because I'm overall just causing contagious sorrow/hopelessness, and passionately hate the God who created this mess, tortures already tortured souls, and sends demons and monsters among us to increase sorrow, desperation, panic, hell, injustice, war, terror, chaos, sickness.

I see from scripture, it's very obvious that man and women were created for God to torture, terrify, kill, play sick games with, confuse, tempt with forbidden fruit, fill with false hopes , traumatize, , abandon, and divide for wars and other drama (tribulation) to entertain a cruel God. (If the scripture have any truth)
So other than that how have you been Matt? :p

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
It is extremely difficult for me to go a day without hating God for giving miserable people like me their lives.
I'm glad you have your life, but I'm sorry you're miserable...
On the drug comes intense joy, nothing compares without it, and rarely is life enjoyable ( or not horrifying, torture) without it.

It's tough to choose unhappy reality: pain, and boredom, fatigue, + regret, hopelessness, a constant need for sleep, (a desire and prayer for tears that almost never come) over a quick fix.....

which has power to take me from a suicidal state, to an unfathomable feeling of well being...(it's tough to never do again when those are the options).

I've made it 65 days.... that's the longest (without the one exception of 3 months in jail where it was not voluntary) I've gone without it completely, since 2018.
65 is a great number. 11! 11:11 seems to be my number...

66 tomorrow?
I want to again apologize to the forum again (because the long, incoherent, inappropriate, perverted, manic, immature posting on the chemical. That is a source of great shame).

Even a month of abstinence from the drug, on brain scans it shows very little repair in the amount of dopamine the brain is capable of releasing ( in order to feel Joy or pleasure it did prior to meth addiction).

The brain in the scans I saw in treatment , shows dopamine (highlighted in red ) shows it is almost back to normal after 14 months.
You'll get there some day...
Because of how slow the healing process is with that drug, treatment centers usually do not offer enough time without temptation and around professionals, for a person to be back in the world.

They don't offer enough to experience the sufficient healing mentally that is needed to go back to being tempted in the world.... or stressed and unable to properly enjoy hobbies or pleasures.
I think about that a lot. We(society) don't have the proper means to address these health problems, and its a damn shame. We half treat, and then wonder why it becomes a revolving door... There's too much "do it yourself" without accepting that not everyone can, and its of a detriment to all.
Thing is, my life has always been a nightmare (with the exception of a rare friendship, which I currently don't have among the living in real life or offline..such people are about one in 500 million people on the planet im guessing, whose presence/friendship can replace the joy the drugs offer) , life is misery (unless it seems a dead person or something supernatural is intervening).
Its a blessing you can sense the supernatural; many don't get that opportunity. ;)
Everything is just a distraction from the fact that we get sick, old, crippled, disabled , abused, raped, murdered, die of some other cause, and face the extremely sadistic god(s) who condemned us to this disgusting, heartbreaking, vain rat race, freak show, depressing, exhausting, frustrating world of filth, tears, poverty, confusion, and dreams that almost never come true (and when they do, it doesn't last long till they decay or are stolen).
Not a day I don't feel hallow for a moment about it all, but if those who can can bring a little joy into this hard world for someone else, so be it.

I see from scripture, it's very obvious that man and women were created for God to torture, terrify, kill, play sick games with, confuse, tempt with forbidden fruit, fill with false hopes , traumatize, , abandon, and divide for wars and other drama (tribulation) to entertain a cruel God. (If the scripture have any truth).
Perhaps he's just as helpless as the rest of us, but tries to cover it up with the 'tough face'.
i will try to stay sober, ( the insanely long, incoherent, and sexually inappropriate posts that are all over the place (when I use drugs) being one big motivation)...
Good.
, but not because I feel I will ever come close to feeling any real sustainable (stable, consistent) joy do I decide that. Drugs have always been the only way to make hatred for God, lack of blasphemy, and the lack of misery/ boredom happen.

Drugs actually make me believe Jesus is the messiah or that his father is worthy of praise (or that my mom and Dad aren't worthless). Nothing else makes that happen.
Even sober, I suspect you still love Maa...

ai-generated-8250533_640.jpgGoddess-Sita.jpgd4tls9o-05244c55-5522-4825-85a7-e242b133e3dc.jpg
But im willing to be serious about sobriety for sobriety sake, stable better health, sanity, less guilt, less shame.... it's worth the consistent misery for once....
Once the chemicals in the brain stabilize, it may not 'hurt' so much...
Occasional euphoria and joy is always mixed with far worse humiliation, poverty, hopelessness, weakness, dangers, health + tooth decay....

So , no joy, consistent misery: in exchange for better health, better virtue, cleaner conscience, better reputation, and an account at RF that isn't suspended...is best.... successful suicide might not be better if I'm in a worse hell or leave some of you without me. ;):thumbsup:
A healthy RF account is a joy! :D (Maybe I'm biased.)

If you go anywhere, I'll kick your butt. ;)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Without moderation being possible, it will always create worse misery to experience joy that drugs make possible.

Keep it up, every day is another day.

I understand it's so difficult for you but remember, there are people on RF that care for you.

RestlessSoul

I’m guessing you are familiar with AAs promises. Here’s an excerpt which may help;
“We will comprehend the word serenity, and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.”

Colt

I got sober because I didn't want to live that way any longer. I stay clean/sober because I found a different solution to my general discomfort in the world when sober. I had an allergic rection to sobriety, to reality!

I no longer speak victomeze!

Ch. 2 There Is A Solution
... There is a solution. Almost none of us liked the self- searching, the leveling of our pride, the confession of shortcomings which the process requires for its successful consummation. But we saw that it really worked in others, and we had come to believe in the hopelessness and futility of life as we had been living it. When, therefore, we were approached by those in whom the problem had been solved, there was nothing left for us but to pick up the simple kit of spiritual tools laid at out feet. We have found much of heaven and we have been rocketed into a fourth dimension of existence of which we had not even dreamed.
Ch. 5 How It Works
... Next we launched out on a course of vigorous action, the first step of which is a personal housecleaning, which many of us had never attempted. Though our decision was vital and crucial step, it could have little permanent effect unless at once followed by a strenuous effort to face, and to be rid of, the things in ourselves which had been blocking us. Our liquor was but a symptom. So we had to get down to causes and conditions.
Ch. 5 How It Works
... So our troubles, we think, are basically of our own making. They arise out of ourselves, and the alcoholic is an extreme example of self-will run riot, though he usually doesn't think so. Above everything, we alcoholics must be rid of this selfishness. We must, or it kill us! God makes that possible. And there often seems no way of entirely getting rid of self without His aid. Many of us had moral and philosophical convictions galore, but we could not live up to them even though we would have liked to. Neither could we reduce our self-centeredness much by wishing or trying on our own power. We had to have God's help.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

To have made it this far… is a miracle in and of itself. Pray that you get well soon!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So other than that how have you been Matt? :p
Oh, I suppose an orgasm in my left knee from the bone on bone arthritis, dwindling cartilage, piercing pulsating , grimacing facial expressions as I shout blasphemous words of rage, commanding that heaven revolt, supplant and remove the leadership in heaven, hell, and all realms.

Take away every God and every Devil's license to confuse, murder, rape, and torture, terrify, harass, petrify, threaten, and condemn innocent, defenseless, virtous , gentle, law abiding women, children, and tortured souls to more misery in hell, Gehenna, hades etc.... for the crime of not believing in Jesus.

If God will burn you in hell for eternity for choosing to love a different God, but offer eternal pleasure, mansions , euphoria, if you accept Jesus as Lord and savior, he never actually loves you.

His love for you is based on whether or not you believe a certain dogma or accept a certain messiah. If you choose not to he has nothing against torturing you forever. That is the most disgusting love I have ever heard of, and abomination to love, a crime against humanity for assuming we are so stupid as to recognize such a god-claiming to be love itself.:rolleyes::mad:he loves you based off of what you pay him essentially. He loves that you embrace the right dogma and faith. If not, he hates you or he wouldn't threaten to burn you in a lake of fire. ;)

"God is love"....My ***! :(

I hate hearing Christians talk about who is saved and who is not.... But anyway, Merry Christmas! :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm glad you have your life, but I'm sorry you're miserable...

65 is a great number. 11! 11:11 seems to be my number...

66 tomorrow?

You'll get there some day...

I think about that a lot. We(society) don't have the proper means to address these health problems, and its a damn shame. We half treat, and then wonder why it becomes a revolving door... There's too much "do it yourself" without accepting that not everyone can, and its of a detriment to all.

Its a blessing you can sense the supernatural; many don't get that opportunity. ;)

Not a day I don't feel hallow for a moment about it all, but if those who can can bring a little joy into this hard world for someone else, so be it.

Perhaps he's just as helpless as the rest of us, but tries to cover it up with the 'tough face'.

Good.

Even sober, I suspect you still love Maa...

View attachment 86098View attachment 86099View attachment 86100

Once the chemicals in the brain stabilize, it may not 'hurt' so much...

A healthy RF account is a joy! :D (Maybe I'm biased.)

If you go anywhere, I'll kick your butt. ;)
Thank you george. That is very beautiful. :). Wow! :heart: If I was to attempt suicide, you George would actually be my biggest reason for not becoming a ghost in your attic.

I think you would be bummed having to change the way we relate to each other. You were a mother-God, Saint George Hawkins from Hawk Eye Waterloo send.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you george. That is very beautiful. :). Wow! :heart: If I was to attempt suicide, you George would actually be my biggest reason for not becoming a ghost in your attic.
:) Good! I don't need anymore ghosts in the attic, there are plenty there already.
I think you would be bummed having to change the way we relate to each other. You were a mother-God, Saint George Hawkins from Hawk Eye Waterloo send.
I would be bummed indeed. Our friendship has helped keep me sane and functioning this last year... Well, functioning, anyways. I was never sane.

The song made me smile... I threatened to come back as a bird once...

(so I could poop on everyone's heads.)

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I stay sober because alcohol is destructive, and causes regrets. I was never an alcoholic, but I know some who are. I have contempt for alcohol. It feels like quitting. Quitting on one's self is among the worst things. Plus it messes with my judgment.

I'm an atheist so I don't blame God. I've constructed my higher power from virtues and what those mean to me personally. I want to live and die for peace. Like a peace soldier. I know I'm just a biological organism, but I have the capacity of my soul. How I have a soul I have no idea. It's more real to me than biology though.

I value life. A human being has the potential of life. I used to be totally unprepared to die, so I never tried the military. As I get older I make peace with death, and live for life. I used to try to understand everything. At this stage of my life I know what's right even if no one else does. I get far more joy out of peace, and I live by what I know love is. If I do my best then there can be no regrets. It's not how one starts the race, it's how one finishes it. I've learned to forgive. The world I was born into is a train wreck, and I never asked to be born. But while I'm here, I'm not going to ever quit come hell, ceasing to exist, or limbo, or whatever.

I've seen hopeless people turn for the better. I live for life because I enjoy peace, love, and making life better. This world to me is existence, life is making peace, life is more than just existing to die. Even if I'm the only one who enjoys peace, so be it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Why are you staying sober?​

Several reasons...
Booze is spendy.
Don't like the feeling of being drunk.
Alcohol is carcinogenic.

PureX

Veteran Member
Prolonged addiction twists and poisons the mind of the addict over time. It makes us believe that life without our drug of choice is a living hell. That's why when we stop using our drug of choice, we become absolutely miserable. As we have never learned how to overcome that miserable mindset without running to our drugs. So when we get sober, we're stuck in that twisted, poisoned mindscape with no means of escape and no anesthesia.

The only way out of it is through it. We have to put the drugs away and face the horror show that we have created in our minds, so that we can eventually learn 1- that it's just a lot of BS and 2 - that there are other ways of making life feel good besides addictive chemicals and toxic behaviors. We gotta stop believing in our addict-brain BS. And if we can't or won't do that, we'll never escape it.

Find a good recovery environment and then just stop thinking all together. Do exactly what they tell you to do and just keep doing it. Don't think. Just do it, and keep doing it. Eventually, in time, you will begin to learn how to think, act, and feel like a human being, again. You'll figure out how to be happy living without the drugs. But it'll take a few years. And life will suck for a while until you learn how to get past the poisonous insanity that you've been drowning your brain in.

So it's up to you, friend. You can shut up and just do it, ... no whining, no excuses, no "But I wanna do it MY way!" or you can die in the miserable insanity of your addiction. Those are your choices.