• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why are there so many weak minded adult males these years?

emy123

I think that alot of it can be blamed on the food we eat. There is so much crap in our diets that it is affecting the hormones in everyone's body. Look at young kids these days...they have flabby stomachs. That is a direct consequence of to much estrogen in your body. Children should not have hormones out of wack, but they do. As so male adults,

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I blame women. Ever since they got the vote, they've been steering this country ever more towards the nanny state.
Their attitude of entitlement is thwarting their emotional & intellectual growth. Clearly, we must keep women under
better control, lest we become a nation of girlies & lazy metrosexuals.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I blame women. Ever since they got the vote, they've been steering this country ever more towards the nanny state.
Their attitude of entitlement is thwarting their emotional & intellectual growth. Clearly, we must keep women under

It's funny. You joke about this, but a while back on a different message board, I had someone tell me pretty much these exact things in all seriousness. He was special.

kloth

I'll counter with my observation that I see many people noticing changes which are due not to change
in the world around them, but rather change within the person, causing a change in perception.
what?

I also do believe that there are more immature man than women. I see the reason in a non-education. They are just growing up, without any principles. Women have a different startposition; creation has made them to give birth, that means more responsibility.
Many mothers treat their sons like princes. They are allowed to do everything, they get no borders. We should not wonder when there is violence against women. When they were children they experienced that THEY are the leaders.
I don't know if there are more immature men than women. but I would agree it is a lack of education, I think people should have both book and street smarts if they want to be truly smart, and not just self proclaimed smart like so many do.
making your son out to be a leader I don't think makes them violent, teaching them to be violent against others is the problem is what I see. parents often teach their sons to fight and to not use it as self defense, but instead just to fight and do what they want with it.

Hmm, I'm inclined to disagree. Where I'm from, Women are taking up pretty-much equal responsibility; female "breadwinners" etc.

If anything, that's the way it should be: 50/50 responsibility between Males and Females.

It is not a Males' place to have a disproportionate amount of responsibility and rights.
It is not a Females' place to have a disproportionate amount of responsibility and rights.
the way it should be and the way things are going on in this world is not the same. most of the political leaders, business owners are men. especially with the more powerful positions of jobs. stay at home dads don't exist as much as stay at home moms, unless they both stay at home.
women give men this power as much as men give it to themselves out of social expectation.
when I say it depends on where you might live, that means it's like this everywhere but not as much as other places as opposed to other places.

Men definetely do not have more responsabilities.

While I may be wrong, I understand women still do most domestic work beyond their paid job.

That said, I was listening the other day some feminists talking about it the interesting perspective of this being a lot in part that even if the woman tries not to do it for a day and the husband asks to do it, she still is thinking about it and is worried about the husband doing it wrong, so she ends up getting stressed up about it and wanting to do it herself anyways.

An interesting example also is when the husband says hell go to buy all e stuff, but he asks e list of what to buy. If something is not in the list, it is still seen as her responsibility. Tis is because they are still percieved as to be the ones knowing what is or is not in the kitchen, which foods are needed, the ones taking the role of nutritionists in the family so to say, etc.
women are not the ones keeping the system running. they are not equal in the political world, religious world, they are not equal in the world of being construction workers being iron workers, carpenters, plumbers, carpenters, etc.
I am not saying they have no responsibility, but not as much. being a house wife might not be so easy all the time, but it's not the most difficult thing to deal with.
Um, Did you seriously just say that?

:run:
yes, I did. you may not have thought about it enough or don't want to admit it, if you are a woman or a modern woman. but most women are not modern thinking and modern acting women, most still have an old fashioned belief. most want to look up to men, want them to be in charge, pay for the date, be leader of the household, pay the bills. how often have you seen a women not do something because they say "that's a guy thing or that's a guys job" like lifting heavy objects at work. how many still let a man open a door for them or pull out a chair for them? like they are weak and helpless because they are often more weak than men, and emotionally sensitive.
look at my other replies I made to other people in this reply who disagree with that comment I made. how many times have you heard a female say this "but I'm a girl".
now don't get me wrong, I love women and respect many of them, but men and women still put many women in a old time disposition. it's men and womens fault.

You might have to indicate what you mean by 'responsibility'. Looking at my own personal situation purely as an example, I'd suggest that I have typically had more responsibility and expectation around being the breadwinner, so to speak (mostly due to earning capacity), whereas my wife definitely take more overall responsibility.
that's nice to say to your woman to make them feel appreciated and should be done.
but so I don't repeat myself again, read the replies I made to others in this reply about that comment I made about womens responsibility.

It is how people are conditioned by society. Things such as how men are portrayed in action films and other media have had a big influence on how the male generally acts and thinks.
that's true. but it still makes no sense that an adult human mind could be so easy, and not change, not eventually see how stupid they are after a while. like they never think to themselves.

I think that alot of it can be blamed on the food we eat. There is so much crap in our diets that it is affecting the hormones in everyone's body. Look at young kids these days...they have flabby stomachs. That is a direct consequence of to much estrogen in your body. Children should not have hormones out of wack, but they do. As so male adults,
I kind of suspected that. I notice many overweight men are depressed and mopey or are wired for sound and have to prove their boldness to horrifying levels. it could be just the insecure reaction of being overweight as well for both.
but maybe certain foods do help effect the chemical reaction in their brain. even if some have a poor diet but have a good metabolism.

I don't know if you are serious. but if you are, it's irresponsible in my opinion to blame women or anyone for that matter for a mans actions.
there may be more men getting more of a feminine or lazy disposition, but at the same time there are more and more men who seem to have too much to prove.

Me Myself

Back to my username
women are not the ones keeping the system running. they are not equal in the political world, religious world, they are not equal in the world of being construction workers being iron workers, carpenters, plumbers, carpenters, etc.
I am not saying they have no responsibility, but not as much. being a house wife might not be so easy all the time, but it's not the most difficult thing to deal with.

Most men are not leaders. I am not talking about a housewife, I am talking about your avarage couple where both have avarage jobs and the woman still does more domestic work.

Cardboard

Most men are not leaders. I am not talking about a housewife, I am talking about your avarage couple where both have avarage jobs and the woman still does more domestic work.

Not in my house, we share it very equally, well honestly, i do more, i clean the house better than she does, and deffinalty do a better job on the dishes :D

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Speaking as a man, many men need to be guided, or coerced, into growing up and becoming a man. As a gender, we often have a tendency to stagnate and take the easy route if we do not have expectations to meet. Increasingly, young males today are able to have sex without dating or committing, play video games in their parents basement without working, and, overall, able to do what they like to do without having internal or external pressure to do more or better. Basically, it is socially acceptable to not grow up, so without an internal drive to do so, many males will exist in a state of perpetual adolescence well into adulthood.

Additionally, parents today seem to be more likely to buy into persistent complaints of "not being able to get a job," and "not being able to afford a place." It's always been a challenge for younger people to gain employment and financially survive on their own. What's been lost is the understanding that those experiences and lessons are integral to many people maturing into adulthood, and gaining the tools to be able to succeed, grow, and handle future challenges.

Last edited:

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity

This will sound sexist, but it's not. The reason is that women are less capable of these jobs. Bear with me. The reason for this is that, as children, girls are permitted a lesser range of activity and behaviour than boys. Boys, for example, may be permitted to venture into the woods, climb trees, down the weakest member oft he group, carry the shopping, help dad with fixing those things dads fix in their sheds whose exact purpose is unclear, mow the lawn, help grandad cobble the driveway, etc. Girls, on the other hand, may be called down from the tree and given a doll to play with. Or told to keep away from the power tools and put in front of her cooking set instead. This is, of course, only in a very general sense. There are many exceptions. It's not valid and not fair that this should happen, but it does.

that's true. but it still makes no sense that an adult human mind could be so easy, and not change, not eventually see how stupid they are after a while. like they never think to themselves.

You'd be surprised at how easily the human brain can be influenced and conditioned. How easily a nation of ordinary people (let's say the Germans of 1930's/40's Germany) who are as normal and as intelligent as you an I can be turned against a specific demographic of people enough that the Holocaust could happen. The subtlest things can influence the mind without you ever knowing. When you're at the cinema and the camera pans across a woman's cleavage, or pans across her ***, or up her leg, this influences the audience. That's how you get boob men, leg men, *** men, and so on and so forth.

Thana

Lady
yes, I did. you may not have thought about it enough or don't want to admit it, if you are a woman or a modern woman. but most women are not modern thinking and modern acting women, most still have an old fashioned belief. most want to look up to men, want them to be in charge, pay for the date, be leader of the household, pay the bills. how often have you seen a women not do something because they say "that's a guy thing or that's a guys job" like lifting heavy objects at work. how many still let a man open a door for them or pull out a chair for them? like they are weak and helpless because they are often more weak than men, and emotionally sensitive.
look at my other replies I made to other people in this reply who disagree with that comment I made. how many times have you heard a female say this "but I'm a girl".
now don't get me wrong, I love women and respect many of them, but men and women still put many women in a old time disposition. it's men and womens fault.

You know it's strange, But I can't believe how much I want to punch you in the throat.

You sir, Have no idea what you're talking about.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
You know it's strange, But I can't believe how much I want to punch you in the throat.

Have to ask...I'm not a Biblical expert: In which chapter and verse did Christ instruct his followers to punch disagreeable people in the throat?

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Your throat is safe with me, I think you have a lot of good points in what you mostly say.:)

It wasn't aimed at me. It was someone else. I just had to ask because her religion says 'Follower of Christ' and her post didn't correlate to that.

Last edited:

kloth

I know most men are not leaders, that's why I didn't say they were. but men have leader positions way more than women do in this age so far. men make and maintain cities and towns with 'city works' and construction and politics still and police cities, towns and states.
I see what you mean with that last line. I have seen some cases like that, but I can't say what percentage of couples live like that. I don't know who could.

Speaking as a man, many men need to be guided, or coerced, into growing up and becoming a man. As a gender, we often have a tendency to stagnate and take the easy route if we do not have expectations to meet. Increasingly, young males today are able to have sex without dating or committing, play video games in their parents basement without working, and, overall, able to do what they like to do without having internal or external pressure to do more or better. Basically, it is socially acceptable to not grow up, so without an internal drive to do so, many males will exist in a perpetual adolescence well into adulthood.

Additionally, parents today seem to be more likely to buy into persistent complaints of "not being able to get a job," and "not being able to afford a place." It's always been a challenge for younger people to gain employment and financial survive on their own. What's been lost is the understanding that those experiences and lessons are integral to many people maturing into adulthood, and gaining the tools to be able to succeed, grow, and handle future challenges.
I agree with that.

I do see many people who are eager to have a child right away when they are 18 or 19 or younger. even if they are high school drop outs and not financially or emotionally stable.
they seem to be proud to teach their kids to like their music or master a video game they like when they are little, more than teach them some strong ethics or proper etiquette, they seem to want their little kids to dress cool and follow their fashion trends to be cute, they teach them to fight to protect themselves but don't teach them to not bully because these days some bullies get killed trying to bully.
I guess it catches on more and more in society since the late 60's especially.
I see young moms who have no control and act overly stressed over raising a kid like it's as difficult as they make it out to be, due to being lazy and tired of the responsibility.
maybe too many young males are coming from this. when I see a grown man at age 50 acting like he's 15 and proud of it still, I have to wonder what was he like in 1970 lets say when he was 7, and what were his parents like.
however, there comes a time when a man should see how his upbringing failed him and how he can correct or better it without excuses.

Thana

Lady
She wasn't threatening me. It was someone else. I just had to ask because her religion says 'Follower of Christ' and her post didn't correlate to that.

What so just because I'm a Christian I can never feel the need to punch someone in the throat?

Jeez well, Maybe cuz I'm also a woman I should just stick to my place in the Kitchen.

Cardboard

What so just because I'm a Christian I can never feel the need to punch someone in the throat?

Jeez well, Maybe cuz I'm also a woman I should just stick to my place in the Kitchen.

There you go thana, but in this day and age, do women actually cook?

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity

You can feel that way if you like. But there's no benefit to vocalising it.

• Proverbs 21:23: Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.
  • Luke 6:45 The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Last edited:

kloth

well those who have an initial primate lust for violence often have a primates set of a mentality.

i say that also because you don't explain why you disagree with me, as i did with explaining myself for my belief clearly. so that tells me you are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about because you can't back yourself up without at least a theory, which i am sure angers you if my truth hurts and you can't do much about it other than say you want to punch me in the throat and i claim i don't know what i am talking about. that makes make question your age, besides mental stability.

i don't see it as all strange though, hate is a very common thing these days and an instinct human reaction for most if not all, even if some people want to believe they are a natural born saint and feel no hate ever or never have.

anyway, thanks for the reply, but i want to stick to the subject of man, not woman at this time.

Thana

Lady
well those who have an initial primate lust for violence often have a primates set of a mentality.

i say that also because you don't explain why you disagree with me, as i did with explaining myself for my belief clearly. so that tells me you are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about because you can't back yourself up without at least a theory, which i am sure angers you if my truth hurts and you can't do much about it other than say you want to punch me in the throat and i claim i don't know what i am talking about. that makes make question your age, besides mental stability.

i don't see it as all strange though, hate is a very common thing these days and an instinct human reaction for most if not all, even if some people want to believe they are a natural born saint and feel no hate ever or never have.

anyway, thanks for the reply, but i want to stick to the subject of man, not woman at this time.

Then why did you bring up the 'inferiority' of women?
I don't hate you, I hate your prejudice view on women, And I hate that a lot of men's views are that women are not equal. Because we are.

Single fathers are on the rise, Women are working more and having children later in life, And also continuing their careers after they've had children so your assumption was wrong.

I don't know that much about America or American culture, But in Australia I speak the truth.