• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are Muslims killing each other?

.lava

Veteran Member
I'm all aflutter. Care to share them?

i did share one, Autodidact. it is not 100% sure they are Muslims. you get your news from a media who serves a governemnt who invades Muslim nations and kill Muslims. it is always the same. what you hear fits the image of Muslim you have in your mind. that's all; someone who's barbaric, someone who don't mind killing people.

well, enjoy being fullfilled with your negativity about Muslims. i am not going to believe what Americans say about what's going on in Muslim nations because they are there in those nations to steal and to destroy. oh, you haven't heard on news?....wow just wow ..

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
i did share one, Autodidact. it is not 100% sure they are Muslims. you get your news from a media who serves a governemnt who invades Muslim nations and kill Muslims. it is always the same. what you hear fits the image of Muslim you have in your mind. that's all; someone who's barbaric, someone who don't mind killing people.
You don't know where I get my news from.

well, enjoy being fullfilled with your negativity about Muslims. i am not going to believe what Americans say about what's going on in Muslim nations because they are there in those nations to steal and to destroy. oh, you haven't heard on news?....wow just wow ..
So you're denying this is happening? You think the report from the Pakistani newspaper is false? Or you deny that the people who did it are Muslims? Or what?

Rueters says a teenager killed 10 people in a bazaar in Afghanistan this week. Are they lying? Or was the bomber not a Muslim?

The India News says the recent bombing at a mosque in Pakistan was a result of infighting between two militant Islamic groups. Are they wrong?

The Chinese News Agency reports that a suicide bomber killed 3 in an attack on an office in Iraq. Is this false? Was the bomber not a Muslim?

Al Jazeera says that Al Qaeda is most likely responsible for killing 83 Muslims in one day in Iraq. Is this false?

Where do you get your news?

.lava

Veteran Member
Where do you get your news?

:clap
good question. i am answering... there's nothing new. and now if you'll excuse me i have nothing to say about this thread for now and sorry but i don't wish to go into circles with you. all i want to say is it is not sure they all are Muslims. i don't know for whom they work for, what they want, who they are. i personally accept this fact, why can't you?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I haven't researched it, but my impression from listening to the news is that Muslim terrorists kill more Muslims than non-Muslims. What's up with that? What are Muslims killing each other over?
The Muslims that target and kill other Muslims generally are targeting different sorts of Muslims than themselves.

Even though I don't respect Islam very much, if at all, I'd wager extremism is mostly an aspect of poverty, pride, hopelessness, and lack of fulfillment than adhering to any specific religion.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
:clap
good question. i am answering... there's nothing new. and now if you'll excuse me i have nothing to say about this thread for now and sorry but i don't wish to go into circles with you. all i want to say is it is not sure they all are Muslims. i don't know for whom they work for, what they want, who they are. i personally accept this fact, why can't you?

Because there is not the slightest shred of evidence for it. For it to be true, every major news source, including Xin Hua and Al Jazeera, would have to be wrong. Because you're some anonymous person on the internet, and you're denying hundreds of reports from every major news agency in the world. For starters.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
So .lava's analysis is to deny reality. Anyone else?
I could buy into .lava's narrative if we were only talking about a few isolated cases, but there are thousands of cases... literally thousands... and that is just in recent years.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
ostrichpic.jpg

neves

I haven't researched it, but my impression from listening to the news is that Muslim terrorists kill more Muslims than non-Muslims. What's up with that? What are Muslims killing each other over?

I guess the same reason why it happenes every where, with all kinds of people, all over the world... we don't know... it seems common factor is "people + ? = killing"...

Rank Countries
opacity.gif
Amount
down.gif

# 1 Colombia: 0.617847 per 1,000 people
# 2 South Africa: 0.496008 per 1,000 people
# 3 Jamaica: 0.324196 per 1,000 people
# 4 Venezuela: 0.316138 per 1,000 people
# 5 Russia: 0.201534 per 1,000 people
# 6 Mexico: 0.130213 per 1,000 people
# 7 Estonia: 0.107277 per 1,000 people
# 8 Latvia: 0.10393 per 1,000 people
# 9 Lithuania: 0.102863 per 1,000 people
# 10 Belarus: 0.0983495 per 1,000 people
# 11 Ukraine: 0.094006 per 1,000 people
# 12 Papua New Guinea: 0.0838593 per 1,000 people
# 13 Kyrgyzstan: 0.0802565 per 1,000 people
# 14 Thailand: 0.0800798 per 1,000 people
# 15 Moldova: 0.0781145 per 1,000 people
# 16 Zimbabwe: 0.0749938 per 1,000 people
# 17 Seychelles: 0.0739025 per 1,000 people
# 18 Zambia: 0.070769 per 1,000 people
# 19 Costa Rica: 0.061006 per 1,000 people
# 20 Poland: 0.0562789 per 1,000 people
# 21 Georgia: 0.0511011 per 1,000 people
# 22 Uruguay: 0.045082 per 1,000 people
# 23 Bulgaria: 0.0445638 per 1,000 people
# 24 United States: 0.042802 per 1,000 people

Murders (per capita) statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

kai

ragamuffin

Its a factor when weighing up human behaviour that they will kill each other for gain. Muslim or otherwise.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
gain sure +1

Political rivals
religion
financial
racism
property
poverty
hunger
power
idealism

You take enough over populated poor people with little food and tragedy around every corner and social cancer festers deep.

If you take a man who wants to do the right thing and feed his starving family and no matter what he does he watches every one die from lack of food and medicine. Bad things are going to happen when theres what 73 sects that have a different belief.

like christians the majority are good people

Jeremiah

"
you get your news from a media who serves a governemnt"

Our media organizations do not serve our government. Our major news outlets only have one master and that is the almighty dollar.

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
I guess the same reason why it happenes every where, with all kinds of people, all over the world... we don't know... it seems common factor is "people + ? = killing"...

Rank Countries
opacity.gif
Amount
down.gif

# 1 Colombia: 0.617847 per 1,000 people
# 2 South Africa: 0.496008 per 1,000 people
# 3 Jamaica: 0.324196 per 1,000 people
# 4 Venezuela: 0.316138 per 1,000 people
# 5 Russia: 0.201534 per 1,000 people
# 6 Mexico: 0.130213 per 1,000 people
# 7 Estonia: 0.107277 per 1,000 people
# 8 Latvia: 0.10393 per 1,000 people
# 9 Lithuania: 0.102863 per 1,000 people
# 10 Belarus: 0.0983495 per 1,000 people
# 11 Ukraine: 0.094006 per 1,000 people
# 12 Papua New Guinea: 0.0838593 per 1,000 people
# 13 Kyrgyzstan: 0.0802565 per 1,000 people
# 14 Thailand: 0.0800798 per 1,000 people
# 15 Moldova: 0.0781145 per 1,000 people
# 16 Zimbabwe: 0.0749938 per 1,000 people
# 17 Seychelles: 0.0739025 per 1,000 people
# 18 Zambia: 0.070769 per 1,000 people
# 19 Costa Rica: 0.061006 per 1,000 people
# 20 Poland: 0.0562789 per 1,000 people
# 21 Georgia: 0.0511011 per 1,000 people
# 22 Uruguay: 0.045082 per 1,000 people
# 23 Bulgaria: 0.0445638 per 1,000 people
# 24 United States: 0.042802 per 1,000 people

Murders (per capita) statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

Just you wait Colombia. Just you wait Colombia. America shall be number one!!!!!

gnostic

The Lost One
.lava said:

autodidact also gave you an example, where a terrorist, most likely the Taliban, bombing and killing 80 people in the mosque, quite recently. I hardly think the suicide bomber was an American or anyone from the West, .lava.

And there is also no justification that you think it the non-Muslim invaders, considering that the US and allies didn't invade Pakistan.

The Talibans are the most likely the people behind, considering that the Pakistani army had earlier decide to get rid of the Talibans, and attack them.

I don't know where you are getting your information, but do you really believe that the US are involve in the mosque bombings in Pakistan? Or perhaps you think it is the Israeli?

Muslims always like to point their fingers at Americans, Israeli or Jews, and you seem to be no different. You have Muslims killing each other, but instead of looking at the real enemy, you blame others, when you don't realise you have enemies in your midst.

Even should the Americans pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq, do you think the bombing will cease, and the Sunni and Shiite will become brothers again?

Don't get me wrong, .lava. I have always been AGAINST the US-led invasion into Iraq. Ask YmirGF, and he can show you the threads from another forum (called Free2Code), where I was totally against the war in Iraq, against Bush and even against my own (former) Prime Minister (of Australia, John Howard) who jumped into war that every Australians were against. I was against Bush's speech of Axis of Evil, against Bush siding with Israel against the Palestinians, instead of mediating between the 2 sides.

Just because I was against the invasion, doesn't me that I don't see the political reality that Muslims are killing other Muslims, in Iraq, in Afghanistan and in Pakistan.

St Giordano Bruno

Usually has little to do with their religion IMHO because it could be lack of water or poverty which is an ever present problem in the mostly arid countries across the Sahara and the Middle East.

kai

ragamuffin
Usually has little to do with their religion IMHO because it could be lack of water or poverty which is an ever present problem in the mostly arid countries across the Sahara and the Middle East.

I would say its all about power , no one really blows up a mosque full of people in some cases their own countrymen,for lack of water or because they are poor do they? Its about imposing their will on others.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

"
you get your news from a media who serves a governemnt"

Our media organizations do not serve our government. Our major news outlets only have one master and that is the almighty dollar.
They do have secondary interests though, & political bias of one type or another will be omnipresent.

Jeremiah

They do have secondary interests though, & political bias of one type or another will be omnipresent.

The only interest they have is money and all they are doing to playing to the crowd. The biasism comes from the people, the major news outlets just give them what they want.