• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are Americans getting angrier and less trusting (according to recent studies)

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think it's primarily income inequality, less sense of freedom, and class warfare.

People tend to get stressed when tired, overregulated, overworked, and poor.

I think it's more than America though. It seems like this is becoming a worldwide epidemic as people seem to be getting worse and worse with each decade that passes.

Perditus

へびつかい座
Why are Americans getting angrier and less trusting (according to recent studies?
Life is getting more and more complicated and frustrating.

Traffic jams are bigger, everything is more expensive, but we make less money than ever before, people are ruder and ruder, everything we eat, breath, and drink is poisoned or polluted, our government is hopelessly corrupt and equally inept. People are even stealing mail now, which is a federal felony. Doesn't stop them though.

Is that an adequate explanation, or would you like more examples?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think it's primarily income inequality, less sense of freedom, and class warfare.

I think it's more than America though. It seems like this is becoming a worldwide epidemic as people seem to be getting worse and worse with each decade that passes.

I generally agree with your conclusions as stated here, Nowhere Man, except that I think you're spreading corporate propaganda when you say that Americans are "over-regulated". But I do think income inequality is the primary factor, followed by all the evils that causes, including increasing poverty, over-working, and class warfare, among other things.

I'd add to your list the way the internet has allowed people to isolate themselves from conflicting views and opinions, then gin up anger towards, hatred of, "the other side" (which is so often misrepresented).

David1967

Premium Member
Life is getting more and more complicated and frustrating.

Traffic jams are bigger, everything is more expensive, but we make less money than ever before, people are ruder and ruder, everything we eat, breath, and drink is poisoned or polluted, our government is hopelessly corrupt and equally inept. People are even stealing mail now, which is a federal felony. Doesn't stop them though.

Is that an adequate explanation, or would you like more examples?

Best example so far.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Probably because of the high percentage of Christians. I would also grow some impatience if I realized my prayers sort the same effect as talking to the wind. As it should be expected.

I recommend to become an atheist society. Like Sweden. Once you removed hope for God's help from the equation, things will become much better. I promise.

Ciao

- viole
There is a lot of truth in what you have shared.

David1967

Premium Member

I agree. It is worldwide. But I think that America's standing in the world makes us more noticeable for better or worse.

David1967

Premium Member
I generally agree with your conclusions as stated here, Nowhere Man, except that I think you're spreading corporate propaganda when you say that Americans are "over-regulated". But I do think income inequality is the primary factor, followed by all the evils that causes, including increasing poverty, over-working, and class warfare, among other things.

I'd add to your list the way the internet has allowed people to isolate themselves from conflicting views and opinions, then gin up anger towards, hatred of, "the other side".

I agree with you on the anger and hatred thing. Anger can at times be righteous , but hatred for someone with an opposing view is never productive and never leads to dialogue or understanding.

gnomon

I thought the linked article was absolutely stupid.

It was like reading an article from someone who has paid not the least bit of attention to what is going on.

I thought this article and the many responses to this article was absolutely useless.

Namely due to the fact the linked article in the OP was utterly useless for any claim made in this thread.

Absolutely useless and there was nothing educational in the least sense.

It was nothing more than cultural whining.