• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are American cops like this?

gnomon

Do people in that region just hate Americans with black skin?

What are you trying to say?

That what happened here doesn't happen in California or the North Eastern States such as New York, New Jersey, Detroit, etc.

What exactly are trying to say and are you willing to start providing statistical evidence of what you are saying?

Or is merely stating that "those people" in the region based upon skin color...........means you don't know a simple thing about what you are talking about?

Explain yourself..........or just **** off already.

"Do people in that region".....great way in the ironic failure of generalizations.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Its nothing to do with cops, its just simply human nature, many black people do much crime if you want to believe that or not, so of course if your a cope your going to be more cautious towards blacks than whites, blacks are simply more dangerous than whites over all.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just spoke with friend about an interesting incident with the underwear bomber.
Ref....
Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab - Wikipedia
Friend is an airplane mechanic who works where the plane landed.
The bomber still had some package left on the empty plane, but
none of the pilotos were willing to move the plane to a secure area.
Friend volunteered to taxi it there for them, a task for which he's qualified.
The airline knew this. The cops knew this. The airport knew this.

Of course, no good deed goes unpunished.
Upon moving it & allowing access to the cops, they boarded with
fully auto rifles all aimed at him, cursing loudly at him to get out
& remain in the cold & rain. He now hates law enforcement.

Perhaps SWAT teams should be trained to do more than point guns,
shoot, & swear abusively at anyone who isn't a cop.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
There have been reports -- from the FBI, if I recall correctly (which is not guaranteed) -- that most major city police departments nowadays have been "infiltrated" by white supremacists. If so, that's alarming, and might account for some of the unnecessary violence against Blacks and some other minorities.

However, I think a larger problem here is that American police receive almost no training at all in how to deescalate situations. Instead, they receive quite a bit of training in how to meet such situations with force. Even good officers can be handicapped by a lack of preparedness.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think Police Department's look for officers with aggressive personalities. People are more subservient to aggressive people and especially those who have the backing of the government for which bestows them with an incredible amount of governmental power for one person to weld as they see fit making them almost immune and impervious to prosecution themselves as long as they remain police officers.

When I went for the police exam myself when I was younger, I remember one of the people saying, "We're going to be gods".

Obviously I wasn't selected, but I wondered about that person who made that comment.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
In any large enough group you are going have both angels and devils, to put a religious spin on it. Racism exists in all races in the U.S.. The officers were fired and there are possible criminal charges. There will also probably be some more training as a result of this. This is much better than in the past when such incidents were often ignored. Th OP's question should have been "Why are some American cops like this?" But then I guess that would have been too easy.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Its nothing to do with cops, its just simply human nature, many black people do much crime if you want to believe that or not, so of course if your a cope your going to be more cautious towards blacks than whites, blacks are simply more dangerous than whites over all.

Many white people do MORE crime. If you want to get technical you can argue European whites and their descendants have committed the most heinous crime in United States history-if you want to get technical. "Premium Member."

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Then, there is the other side. I do love this guy. Officer 401
Warning: Some strong language

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
American police have a macho, tough guy reputation. They dress tough, they act tough. They're a police force, not a service.They and the military attract a certain demographic.

Police work selects for aggressive, right wing authoritarians, conventionalists, and Social Dominants. Police academy screening should include applicants' RWA and SDO, indices, IMHO, but they don't seem to.

Moreover, they're trained to be aggressive, to use shock and awe tactics, to control every encounter and, apparently, to shoot multiple times at the first suspicion of danger -- and with the number private firearms in the US, they probably assume everyone is armed and dangerous.

Right-wing authoritarianism - Wikipedia
Social dominance orientation - Wikipedia

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just people who make ignorant statements like this
th

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
American police have a macho, tough guy reputation. They dress tough, they act tough. They're a police force, not a service.They and the military attract a certain demographic.

Police work selects for aggressive, right wing authoritarians, conventionalists, and Social Dominants. Police academy screening should include applicants' RWA and SDO, indices, IMHO, but they don't seem to.

Moreover, they're trained to be aggressive, to use shock and awe tactics, to control every encounter and, apparently, to shoot multiple times at the first suspicion of danger -- and with the number private firearms in the US, they probably assume everyone is armed and dangerous.

Right-wing authoritarianism - Wikipedia
Social dominance orientation - Wikipedia

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I agree. After being stopped and having my name ran for simply looking at a cop yeah the power trip goes to their head.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm no fan of the police.
But here's one cop who was polite, businesslike, & didn't even issue a ticket when he could've.
NAACP leader's racial profiling claim challenged after bodycam footage released
Loved the ending:

"The station quoted Moultrie as declining further comment."

Body cams are a must today. It protects both police and the accused.. There will be times that cops abuse their authority. But I am betting that there more times that false claims are made against them.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
not to support a prejudice.......no please.....

However....
I recently watched a stats presentation of violent crime
and yes....blacks pull the trigger more often.....and unto their own kind

and whites suffer being shot by blacks
far more than being shot by whites....

anyone got stats?

Last edited: