• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's responsible for jealousy. brain ? or something/someone else ?

chinu

chinu
Some people are Jealous-people, whereas others are NOT.

Is that the human brain responsible for this Jealousy ?
Or, there's someone/something else behind the human brain responsible for this Jealousy ?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

Or, there's someone/something else behind the human brain responsible for this Jealousy ?

What do you think ?

Nimos

Imagine you have two dishes of ice cream, strawberry and banana flavor..

Some people can't stand the smell of banana, so they react like this:

upload_2020-9-7_11-37-28.jpeg

So now we read this:
The tastes that we perceive are a two-phase chemical reaction that involves both our mouth and throat (taste) as well as our nose (smell).

We are born with about 10,000 taste buds that are located on our tongue, the roof of the mouth, as well as in our throats. Saliva plays an important role in transporting the tastes we perceive into our taste buds. Each taste bud has about 10-50 cells are responsible for starting the action of taste and are replenished about every 7 to 10 days. We naturally start to lose these taste buds around 50 to 60 years of age.

Our sensation of taste starts with the smells or odors around us that stimulate nerves in a small area located high in the nose. The sweet, sour, or other smells stimulate the brain and affect the actual flavor of the foods we eat. Our sensation of taste continues as the foods we eat mix with saliva to activate the taste buds.

If smell can cause us to react with a distaste towards something, could be none food related... do you think it's possible, that our sense causes us to react equally to other things? Like if we see someone suffering, we can get sad, if we see someone laugh we can get happy and so forth? Would you say that, when we get these reactions, that they are also caused by something outside the brain? So it's not really us that are happy or doesn't like the smell of banana, but something outside our brain or body?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

You make me smile every time I see another thread of yours. Man, you are so creative, with all these interesting questions.
I hope you are not brainwashed in a negative way about Sai Baba, I have an article explaining exactly this in detail
But maybe it's better not to share, because it's good to let people figure this out themselves
In case you want to know what Sai Baba has to say about it, just let me know
It's a great article, even explaining how simple Divine Bliss can be achieved

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Jealousy?
You mean between partners?

You have to specify.
Jealousy is when a woman for example doesn't want her own husband to have female friends.

Envy is when someone wants to have others' things.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
You have to specify.
Jealousy is when a woman for example doesn't want her own husband to have female friends.

IF this woman has both, jealousy and envy, and she is "bi", it might even work out well for her. She takes the girls, husband has none left.
Jealousy solved, envy solved. Though, probably now the husband might get jealousy and envy pop up in his mind

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Hm.

I'd say jealousy is a consequence of biochemical bonding, just as the same bonding idea is in lyrics like "Some day she /he will be mine", as though each half of a couple is the possession of the other.

So if jealousy is the appropriate word, it's that same biochemical bond and its accompanying emotions and motivations that make people get angry when their partner goes off with someone else ─ a far from unusual response, accompanied by words like 'betrayal' and so on.

Possessive jealousy, the fear of imagined rivals, is, however, a nasty aberration, based perhaps on the jealous party's self-doubt and insecurity.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Possessive jealousy, the fear of imagined rivals, is, however, a nasty aberration, based perhaps on the jealous party's self-doubt and insecurity.

In fact for some people love is about "possessing" someone. Possessiveness.
To me love is about mutual respect. If my boyfriend/husband cheated on me I would suffer not because of "possess"...but because he stopped loving me.
And I think I would let him go. Since real love is about being happy if the man you love is happy. Even if with someone else.

chinu

chinu

You make me smile every time I see another thread of yours. Man, you are so creative, with all these interesting questions.
I hope you are not brainwashed in a negative way about Sai Baba, I have an article explaining exactly this in detail
But maybe it's better not to share, because it's good to let people figure this out themselves
In case you want to know what Sai Baba has to say about it, just let me know
It's a great article, even explaining how simple Divine Bliss can be achieved
Friend stvdv,

I respect Sai Baba ji from the bottom of my heart.

Yes, I would really love to read that article.

Sincerely,
Jasdir Singh Jaura (chinu)

chinu

chinu
Jealousy?
You mean between partners?

You have to specify.
But, in my view.. a women doesn’t want her own husband to have female friends, isn’t a Jealousy.

It’s just a kinda insecurity which happens in both males and females.

Yes, sometimes we people use the word Jealousy on the place of Envy. But, I can now understand that they have slight different meanings.

For the purpose of this thread you can use both these words. :)

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

If you/someone are jealous then you need to ask yourself, "why"?. It's the responsibility of the person experiencing the emotion to deal with it properly.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Thoughts, feelings, awareness, memory, etc. are facilitated by the brain. Not your big toe. Not pixie dust. Not your granda's ghost. The brain.