• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's more to blame for the economy? Obama or Congress

tytlyf

Not Religious
Who's more responsible for the economy and recovery (slow?) we are in?
Obama or Congress?

Super Universe

Defender of God
People are to blame. Recessions are caused by a reduced circulation of money.

The President, Congress, and the Federal Reserve only have so much economic power and most of their economic stimulation ability has been used. Basically, they're out of ammunition so we're going to have to wait it out.

The economy will recover, when is the only unknown.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Congress. For instance, no one else has the authority to increase spending, thus stimulating the economy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do you feel that since 2010 things have gotten worse in congress?
Oh, no....the economic problems have causes rooted many decades back in congressional action.
Certainly, I fault some presidents too, but I say Congress has greater culpability.

esmith

Veteran Member
Actually neither, the voter is responsible for the economy. They are the ones who make the determination on who represents them in Congress and the Presidency.

Wirey

Fartist
Actually neither, the voter is responsible for the economy. They are the ones who make the determination on who represents them in Congress and the Presidency.

Really? So you're responsible for Obama's decisions? I found him! Let's get him! :D

tytlyf

Not Religious
Not me, I didn't vote for the Celebrity in Chief:D
I assume you don't support $arah Palin? She likes to criticize Holly-Weird but is the most hollywood of all the TeaPeople. I just don't understand the logic of that argument.

esmith

Veteran Member
I assume you don't support $arah Palin? She likes to criticize Holly-Weird but is the most hollywood of all the TeaPeople. I just don't understand the logic of that argument.

Not exactly sure what you are referring to in the comment "don't understand the logic of that statement". I agree with about 90% of what Sarah Palin has said.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Not exactly sure what you are referring to in the comment "don't understand the logic of that statement". I agree with about 90% of what Sarah Palin has said.
You repeated what the right-wing likes to say about Obama and being a "Celebrity in Chief."
I pointed out the fact that you don't criticize Caribou Barbie ($arah) as a celebrity? When she has clearly been much more Holly-Weird than the president.
I apologize if I wasn't clear in the first post?:shrug:

esmith

Veteran Member
You repeated what the right-wing likes to say about Obama and being a "Celebrity in Chief."
I pointed out the fact that you don't criticize Caribou Barbie ($arah) as a celebrity? When she has clearly been much more Holly-Weird than the president.
I apologize if I wasn't clear in the first post?:shrug:

Sorry, don't agree with you. Do you really think that she has hobnobbed with the Hollywood entertainment society. I seriously don't believe they would even admit knowing her. Also, wonder why Obama denigrates the 1%'ers yet want's to associate with them as much as possible? Just a question!

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Sorry, don't agree with you. Do you really think that she has hobnobbed with the Hollywood entertainment society. I seriously don't believe they would even admit knowing her. Also, wonder why Obama denigrates the 1%'ers yet want's to associate with them as much as possible? Just a question!
That wasn't what he said.

I'm not aware of Obama denigrating the 1%. That's mostly a peasant thing.

esmith

Veteran Member
That wasn't what he said.

I'm not aware of Obama denigrating the 1%. That's mostly a peasant thing.
I believe tytlyf said:
So, let me rephrase my statement. Obama appears to spend a fair amount of time with Hollywood celebrities and Sarah Palin obviously doesn't. So I do not see how she is more "Holly-Weird".
Now to your point. Obama denigrates the rich by saying they do not pay their fair share (I really don't want to get into that discussion). If I was rich, I would take that comment as a slap in the face. Obama is attempting to make this campaign a class warfare issue.

Just a question, what do you mean by "a peasant thing"?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I believe tytlyf said:So, let me rephrase my statement. Obama appears to spend a fair amount of time with Hollywood celebrities and Sarah Palin obviously doesn't. So I do not see how she is more "Holly-Weird".
It's not about spending time. It's about courting fame for its own sake.

Now to your point. Obama denigrates the rich by saying they do not pay their fair share (I really don't want to get into that discussion). If I was rich, I would take that comment as a slap in the face. Obama is attempting to make this campaign a class warfare issue.
That's not denigration. It's math. The class war's been going on for decades, and if you haven't noticed, the poor aren't doing that well. Maybe because we can't buy elections.

Just a question, what do you mean by "a peasant thing"?
Here's a hint: I'm disabled. You know, one of those freeloaders who has the audacity to believe I'm entitled to food in spite of being unable to break my back for minimum wage.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The question, who is to blame for the economy, is phrased in such a way as to allow two choices -- Obama or Congress. Given those two choices, it is clear that Congress bears the greater responsibility. If the question were broadened to Obama, Congress, or the People, then we could discuss the metaphysical proposition that a People without money should spend their way out of a recession. Nice. And then we could go on to discuss how many angels can dance on the head of a non-existent pin.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
The question, who is to blame for the economy, is phrased in such a way as to allow two choices -- Obama or Congress. Given those two choices, it is clear that Congress bears the greater responsibility. If the question were broadened to Obama, Congress, or the People, then we could discuss the metaphysical proposition that a People without money should spend their way out of a recession. Nice. And then we could go on to discuss how many angels can dance on the head of a non-existent pin.

This...:yes: