• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whom are you prejudiced against? (Read the OP)

Against whom are you prejudiced?

• Men

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Women

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Transgendered People

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Homosexuals

• Heterosexuals

• Bisexuals

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Old People

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Middle-aged People

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Young People

• Black People

• Brown People

• Red People

• White People

• Yellow People

• A particular nationality or nationalities

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A particular profession or professions (clergy, doctors, lawyers)

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Some other occupation or occupations

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Atheists

• Baptists

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Buddhists

• Catholics

• Hindus

• Jehovah's Witnesses

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Jews

• Mormons

• Muslims

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Scientologists

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters

Smoke

Done here.
What groups of people are you prejudiced against?

Not whom do you hate, not whom do you think should be locked up, but whom do you pre-judge based on certain characteristics. The people about whom you're inclined to think, "That's how they are" -- even if you'd never say it.

The poll's anonymous, so tell us what's lurking in your hard little heart without fear of repercussions. Discuss if you dare. :)

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I'm with Phil here. When you get to be an adult, it's pretty much impossible not pre-judge people. The difference is that I don't act negatively toward any particluar group of people based on these "prejudices". I still take the time to get to know them, and keep an open mind in the process. You can make generalizations about different groups of people because different groups tend to have things in common. It's only bad when you assume that everyone in a certain group is the exact same way, and decide whether they're good or bad without getting to know them personally.

Essentially, prejudices aren't great, but they're almost impossible to avoid. Just keep in mind that your prejudgements could be completely wrong.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I tend to presume an authoritarian personality, a certain aversion to detail and factual analysis and a tendency to see things as black or white of the religious and political right.

I also consider those who promote and prosecute war to be moral reprobates.

Zephyr

Moved on
I checked about half of them, but I'm not telling which :p

It's kind of funny seeing how many votes for scientologists there are.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I checked old people, men, women, A particular profession or professions (clergy, doctors, lawyers), and Some other occupation or occupations.

Nanda

Polyanna
I tend to pre-judge cops (sorry Kadzbiz) because I always assume they're going to harrass me when I encounter them IRL, and I'm nearly always right. I understand (sort of) why so many cops appear to have such nasty attitudes - I mean, cripes, I wouldn't want their job - but it's left me with a distinct distrust of the police. Plus I went to highschool with most of the cops in this town, and they were not the sort of people you'd want looking out for your best interests - that's just my town, though.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I pre-judge cops too..

When I see one (like when Im driving on the road) I pre-judge that they are watching me..I pre-judge that they are looking at my inspection and registration to make sure they are current..I prejudge they are looking to see if I use my signals and am wearing my seat belt etc..

Even if Im not doing anything wrong(at least not intentionally) they make me nervous because I know they are watching..

Blessings

Dallas

Smoke

Done here.
I tend to pre-judge cops (sorry Kadzbiz) because I always assume they're going to harrass me when I encounter them IRL, and I'm nearly always right. I understand (sort of) why so many cops appear to have such nasty attitudes - I mean, cripes, I wouldn't want their job - but it's left me with a distinct distrust of the police.
Ow! I'm in the same place, and I wasn't even thinking of cops when I checked "other occupations." I was thinking of auto mechanics. :eek:

I do prejudge some groups.

The thing is, though, usually I prejudge people based on overall impression, not their job or identification or anything like that: just overall gut feeling. Does that make it ok? I dunno...I think it's a natural human reaction though, to assess people and situations.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
Diversity is a wonderful thing, sometimes I like it, and some times it gets on my nerves.

I have a thing against the elderly, especially when I'm driving or standing in line at the grocery store. I think anyone who can't at least drive the speed limit on a sunny day doesn't belong on the road. Leave your checkbook at home and learn to use a debit card. I'm so sick of every other ad on TV being some sort of medication, insurance, retirement plan, or emergency service for the elderly. Otherwise, old people are cool.

My wife and I have fun when we're watching TV or in a crowd at the mall, picking out the gays. I think I have better gaydar than she does. We don't point and stare or make fun of them, it's just a game we play. There's this one paticular hairstyle that seems to be a dead giveaway. They take a plain old haircut and gel it up in the middle like a pseudo-mowhawk or pyramid but without shaving the sides or back. Anyway, it's not the hairdo of every gay person, but I have yet to meet a straight person with that hairstyle. I have nothing against gays, or their hair. This world could use more artistically talented people.

My experience with cops has been mostly negative. Even when they're trying to help me, they still end up fining me for something.

I avoid salespeople even more than cops.

Italians were not specifically on the list, but I've got my ideas about them.

Smoke

Done here.
Judging from the responses, I think maybe doctors, lawyers and clergy should have each had their own category. :)

Troublemane

I tend to prejudge people from their appearances, which is odd because i work in construction doing electrical work around disney world (subcontractor). i am usually covered in dirt and grime by days end, while most of the disney employees are spotless/clean all day. LoL, but i look at people who are NOT dirty and wonder "do they even know what a hard days work IS?"--so when i hear them complain about something petty it drives me crazy. LoL--but then again, we all can find something to gripe about, and we all think its the most important thing in the world at the time.:D

wednesday

Jesus
We naturally find fault with everything or everyone who is not like us, so its hard not to choose them all, even though old people on the roads drive me insane and i hate the gangsters around here with a passion who are sadly all muslims from turkey. I just hate everyone equally if i try hard enough.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
We naturally find fault with everything or everyone who is not like us, so its hard not to choose them all, even though old people on the roads drive me insane and i hate the gangsters around here with a passion who are sadly all muslims from turkey. I just hate everyone equally if i try hard enough.

Actually, I would add that we find the most fault with those who are like us. Sometimes the worst thing is seeing your own faults displayed by someone else.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I checked old people, my reason being that I don't think they should be allowed to drive past a certain point, I think it becomes dangerous for other motorists.

Other than that I rarely prejudge people, except chavs, I hate chavs with a passion.