• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who would you have as your judge for your sins..self? jesus-god the son...or god the father

the worst choice some would say ---
being judge by self
Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
BUT THIS IS OFTEN NOT SEEN BY SELF SINCE ONE'S OWN SINS
BLINDS ONESELF TO HOW HARSH ONE HAS JUDGED OTHERS
AND THAT SIMILARLY ONE WILL BE JUDGED WITH THE SAME HARSHNESS...

being judged by god the father
biblically is not an option it seems
Joh 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

and god the father has provided his son as the best way to be judged
with the most grace and mercy
and much better than if one were to be judged by self
and there is no other option perhaps than those 2
and some day thus perhaps as the bible says...

Php 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Php 2:4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

AND THEN THIS ON HOW JESUS JUDGES...
Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
Joh 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

AND THIS ON THE ABOVE PASSAGE FROM BARNES BIBLE COMMENTARY
Joh 8:15
After the flesh - According to appearance; according to your carnal and corrupt mode; not according to the spiritual nature of the doctrines. By your preconceived opinions and prejudices you are determined not to believe that I am the Messiah.
I judge no man - Jesus came not to condemn the world, Joh_3:17. They were in the habit of judging rashly and harshly of all; but this was not the purpose or disposition of the Saviour. This expression is to be understood as meaning that he judged no one after their manner; he did not come to censure and condemn men after the appearance, or in a harsh, biased, and unkind manner.

AND JUST FOR GOOD MEASURE A COUPLE MORE VERSES :)
Joh 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
Joh 8:18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I do not think any one "judges" our sins. When we repent , they are forgiven.
neither God, His son, nor the Holy Spirit, have different opinions about anything.
Our sins are known ,there is no need to judge them.

strikeviperMKII

How about 'judge not lest ye be judged'?

I would rather not be judged at all, because let's face it, we all make mistakes, a lot of which we regret and should be punished for. The only way to 'fix' that is to not judge others for their mistakes. In doing so you can learn to not judge yourself. If you don't judge even yourself, why should any god have to do it?

Last edited:
SEE BELOW ON
IF WE SAY THAT WE HAVE NO SIN
WE DECEIVE OURSELVES
AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN US

1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

thus tho we would not be judged....
because we have no sin
or can escape the consequences of our sins..

Twig pentagram

High Priest
SEE BELOW ON
IF WE SAY THAT WE HAVE NO SIN
WE DECEIVE OURSELVES
AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN US

1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

thus tho we would not be judged....
because we have no sin
or can escape the consequences of our sins..
I don't care what Jn says.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I do not think any one "judges" our sins. When we repent , they are forgiven.
neither God, His son, nor the Holy Spirit, have different opinions about anything.
Our sins are known ,there is no need to judge them.

I have to agree, If we know it is a sin haven't we already judged it. We need to forgive ourselves and possibly be forgiven.

Chisti

Why is judgment necessary at all? Judge what, precisely? I am not asking this to bait anyone, just wondering why judgment is essential. And by judgment, I am not talking about sound and practical evaluations of life, people, and situations, but only those judgments which have a lot of moralistic content.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why is judgment necessary at all? Judge what, precisely? I am not asking this to bait anyone, just wondering why judgment is essential. And by judgment, I am not talking about sound and practical evaluations of life, people, and situations, but only those judgments which have a lot of moralistic content.
I continually informally judge myself to ensure I am meeting my goals, and to determine whether anything I am doing is not optimal.

I don't really use the word any differently than a sound and practical evaluation.

"O SON OF BEING! Bring thyself to account each day ere thou art summoned to a reckoning; for death, unheralded, shall come upon thee and thou shalt be called to give account for thy deeds."

-- Hidden Words I:31

LOOKS TO BE THAT I CANNOT EDIT IN MY ORIGINAL POST SO
ADDING HERE THIS
1Co 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1Co 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

AND FROM BARNES COMMENTARY
1Co 11:31
For if we would judge ourselves - If we would examine ourselves, 1Co_11:28; if we would exercise a strict scrutiny over our hearts and feelings, and conduct, and come to the Lord’s Table with a proper spirit, we should escape the condemnation to which they are exposed who observe it in an improper manner. If we would exercise proper “severity” and “honesty” in determining our own character and fitness for the ordinance, we should not expose ourselves to the divine displeasure.
We should not be judged - We should not be exposed to the expression of God’s disapprobation. He refers here to the punishment which had come upon the Corinthians for their improper manner of observing the ordinance; and he says that if they had properly examined themselves, and had understood the nature of the ordinance, that they would have escaped the judgments that had come upon them. This is as true now as it was then. If we wish to escape the divine displeasure; if we wish the communion to be followed with joy, and peace, and growth in grace, and not with blighting and spiritual barrenness, we should exercise a severe judgment on our character, and feelings, and motives; and should come to it with a sincere desire to honor Christ, and to advance in the divine life.

WELL A BIT MORE ...
1Co 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1Co 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

AND ON VERSE 32 THIS FROM ANOTHER COMMENTARY
1Co 11:32
chastened — (Rev_3:19).
with the world — who, being ********, are without chastening (Heb_12:8).

HMMM NOT ONLY DOES IT SEEM I CANT POST MY BEGINNING POST FOR THIS THREAD BUT SOME OF MY FOLLOWING POSTS TOO
BUT THIS ONE I CAN EDIT AND AM SO DOING NOW :)
I WONDER .......

AHA METHINKS
THE REASON COULD BE ONCE SOMEONE HAS QUOTED A POST
THEN ONE CANNOT EDIT IT ...

Last edited:

ellenjanuary

What's with all the super in the natural? This is about those who have been taken advantage of, who feel the need of having all wrongs made right. I have said it a thousand times before, I'll say it again:

Beyond the threshold of eternity is beauty for all.

You don't like that? Tough. Then we know who is really doing the judging: you.

What's with all the super in the natural? This is about those who have been taken advantage of, who feel the need of having all wrongs made right. I have said it a thousand times before, I'll say it again:

Beyond the threshold of eternity is beauty for all.

You don't like that? Tough. Then we know who is really doing the judging: you.

not sure who your post was directed to...

but along the lines of

Ecc 3:11 The whole He hath made beautiful in its season; also, that knowledge He hath put in their heart without which man findeth not out the work that God hath done from the beginning even unto the end.

The bible tells us that we will judged by the same measure that we judge others. As we forgive all those that trespass against us so shall he forgive us our trespasses.

I have had many people tell me how unfair they think being judged and thrown into a pit of fire seems..... I find that strange... I am quite certain I would have to be held back from jumping in....

I believe in the end when we cannot hide from the truth, we will judge ourselves in the way that we have judged others and that no one would have to throw me in, I would willingly jump, I know that I am not worthy of this great gift of existence given to me by God.

I pray that God in his mercy, stops me from jumping...