• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will get to heaven?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I noticed that you completely ignored all the scriptures I directly quoted from to support my argument.

Doesn't that say something?
''
Not at all... it was so full of holes that I figured it was more effort than it was worth.

leov

How do you know? While that is a logical conclusion of a person who believes God is all powerful, all knowing and omnipresent, that is not evidence of God's existence nor desires.
Because of Gnosis process, I know. If your are an atheist I am not capable to explain this.

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
PZGC: Panentheist Zen Gnostic Christian ? any details? I consider myself a Gnostic type Christian
So far it's a religion of one person. :D

It started out as a joke in reaction to both ardent atheists and Abrahamic theists. Break it down this way: 1) Panentheism; the belief that a force (God) exists both inside and outside the Universe (as opposed to pantheism), 2) Zen, a philosophy that can be summed up in the Serenity Prayer. 3) Gnostic Christian; a belief in the words and philosophy of Jesus, but not his divinity. More like Siddhartha Gautama than a God.

leov

So far it's a religion of one person. :D

It started out as a joke in reaction to both ardent atheists and Abrahamic theists. Break it down this way: 1) Panentheism; the belief that a force (God) exists both inside and outside the Universe (as opposed to pantheism), 2) Zen, a philosophy that can be summed up in the Serenity Prayer. 3) Gnostic Christian; a belief in the words and philosophy of Jesus, but not his divinity. More like Siddhartha Gautama than a God.
Looks like we are on the same page.

Bird123

I am still waiting for any source that says anyone will go to heaven. It is not in the Bible. Is it somewhere else?

Perhaps, you are the source and do not realize it. All the secrets of the universe stare us in the face. Can you see? Discovery has always been within everyone's reach.

As I see it. Religion teaches people to Believe and Follow. How can one Discover the Real Truth following those who place mere beliefs above all else?

One must be willing to venture into undiscovered country widening their view and intellect in order to see the knowledge that waits to be Discovered. God hides nothing. Math! It will all add up perfectly!

Kenny

Premium Member
I noticed that you completely ignored all the scriptures I directly quoted from to support my argument.

Hardly, you completely ignored that King David was never called wicked but rather friend.

Hebrews 9:28
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

And you completely ignore that He (Jesus) was made to be sin that we might be made the righteousness of God. 2Cor 5:21

Hebrews 2:17
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
I am still waiting for any source that says anyone will go to heaven. It is not in the Bible. Is it somewhere else?
Revelation 6:9-11 King James Version (KJV)
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

JJ50

Revelation 6:9-11 King James Version (KJV)
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

I reckon the writer of that crazy book Revelation was as high as a kite on a substance, which would be illegal in this day and age here in the UK!

Kenny

Premium Member
I reckon the writer of that crazy book Revelation was as high as a kite on a substance, which would be illegal in this day and age here in the UK!
LOL

In Acts 2 they thought they were drunk. :D It is quite a high without all the side effects :D

Kenny

Premium Member
Jesus certainly seemed to like his booze, so they may have been drunk for much of the time.

EVERY wine connoisseur will now persecute you for equating wine as booze! you are in DEEEEP trouble and I would lighten up on the booze so early in the morning if I were you.

lostwanderingsoul

Perhaps, you are the source and do not realize it. All the secrets of the universe stare us in the face. Can you see? Discovery has always been within everyone's reach.

As I see it. Religion teaches people to Believe and Follow. How can one Discover the Real Truth following those who place mere beliefs above all else?

One must be willing to venture into undiscovered country widening their view and intellect in order to see the knowledge that waits to be Discovered. God hides nothing. Math! It will all add up perfectly!
Lots of words but no answer to the quesrion.