• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who/What is Amitabha to you?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
All right. But did I misunderstand what you mean then?

It jus seems weird to see you ask why your opinion about Amithaba matters when we have no good reason to expect you to even have one.
Assumptions are nasty things, Luis. I have considerable "spiritual" experience, have studied Mahayana doctrine in the distant past and am quite familiar with Amithaba. Why wouldn't I have some opinion on the matter? Then again, I have never been deeply swayed by the "Pure Land" Buddhist's thinking.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Assumptions are nasty things, Luis. I have considerable "spiritual" experience, have studied Mahayana doctrine in the distant past and am quite familiar with Amithaba. Why wouldn't I have some opinion on the matter? Then again, I have never been deeply swayed by the "Pure Land" Buddhist's thinking.

I have rarely been accused of being a wise person, you know. :D

Besides, my doubt remains. I have no issue with you having an opinion about Amithaba. After all, I posted here as well. But if you recognize your own right to have and express an opinion on the matter (and I fully agree that you have that right), then why did you ask this?

Just out of curiosity though, why would my opinion of such an alleged being be considered worth mentioning?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Pratyavekṣaṇa-jñāna.
Purification of desire and development of discerning wisdom. Appreciation of the uniqueness of specifics, rather than generalities. :)

Your mileage may vary.