• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who taught Christianity to Paul?

outhouse

Atheistically
Hi outhouse, the writer of Luke clearly speaks about Paul being set apart and sent out by the Holy Spirit. What can be confusing about that, and how does Paul contradict this. KB

Paul states he had a feeling from within him. And god talked to him, Acts claims Jesus did. Paul mentions nothing about the road to damascus himself.

I know if I was talking with Jesus I would be mentioning it.

galatians 1:13 For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. 14 I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. 17 I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.18 Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days. 19 I saw none of the other apostles—only James, the Lord’s brother. 20 I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie.

AmbiguousGuy

15 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. 17 I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia.

That's weird. If Paul suddenly embraced Jesus as God's Son, wouldn't his impulse be to go immediately to Jerusalem and learn about the life of Jesus from those who knew him?

indepth thinker

I personally believe Paul was deceived by Lucifer claiming to be Jesus. If Word of God does not change, and Peter was receiving word of God from Jesus as well as the spirit of promise which he received on the day of Pentecost; Paul would not have experienced discord with peter if receiving word of God from God as Peter allegedly did.

According to the proverbs, discord is the result of a lie. God does not tell a lie and so one must assume that either Peter or Paul was lying when they were experiencing discord.

indepth thinker

The bigger issue with Paul, is His claim that He met Jesus on the Road to Damascus. If this is true, then Jesus was a liar. Jesus claimed he would not return to the earth until his second coming, and that he would return in the manner in which he left.

It's a safe assumption that Paul was deceived by Lucifer posing as an angel of light. Interesting that Paul is the father of Christianity and look at the state of discord they are in doctrinally.

Current Christianity is divided denominationally. They are just unaware of the source of the lie that divides them.

blessings

Ken Brown

Paul states he had a feeling from within him. And god talked to him, Acts claims Jesus did. Paul mentions nothing about the road to damascus himself.

I know if I was talking with Jesus I would be mentioning it.

galatians 1:13 For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. 14 I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. 17 I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.18 Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days. 19 I saw none of the other apostles—only James, the Lord’s brother. 20 I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie.

Hi outhouse, you may be assuming incorrectly and not reading the Scriptures properly. Acts 9 clearly agrees with Gal 1 with regard to Paul/Saul being MANY days (3 years) before going to Jerusalem. I really don't see the problem you are trying to make. KB

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:

Where does it say Paul was taken up to the third Heaven?

2 Co 12:2 basically says - I KNEW a man that was taken up to the third Heaven.

2 Co 12:2 I knew a man in Christ, fourteen years ago, (whether in the body I know not, or out of the body I know not, God knows; such a one caught up to the third heaven.

I know a lot of church theologians have decided this is Paul talking about himself - but I have no idea how they came up with that as it says he KNEW him fourteen years ago, and 5 says -

2 Co 12:5 Of such a one I will boast, but of myself I will not boast, unless in my weaknesses.
In all likelihood Paul is talking about himself in the third person as an attempt to be modest. Keep in mind, Paul's overall message in the New Testament is about Jesus, not about Paul.

Which AGAIN, is Christianity injecting into the scriptures what they DON'T ACTUALLY SAY.

outhouse

Atheistically
Hi outhouse, you may be assuming incorrectly and not reading the Scriptures properly. Acts 9 clearly agrees with Gal 1 with regard to Paul/Saul being MANY days (3 years) before going to Jerusalem. I really don't see the problem you are trying to make. KB

To be a real apostle, Jesus would to have sent Paul out, he did not.

Acts is not alltogether reliable

Paul does not state jesus sent him out. Paul abused these poor people and had a change of heart. Nothing more.

steeltoes

Paul does not state jesus sent him out. Paul abused these poor people and had a change of heart. Nothing more.

That's laughable. Where do you get your information?

Ken Brown

Hi outhouse, sorry, Yeshua said He was sending the Holy Spirit, and it was the Holy Spirit that set Paul/Saul apart, and sent him out. Why do you think the Holy Spirit is not capable of sending Paul out, and that it had to be directly from Yeshua Himself? And what do you do with Acts 9:11 & 15? It sure appears to me that Yeshua is sending him as a chosen vessel. KB

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Hi outhouse, sorry, Yeshua said He was sending the Holy Spirit, and it was the Holy Spirit that set Paul/Saul apart, and sent him out. Why do you think the Holy Spirit is not capable of sending Paul out, and that it had to be directly from Yeshua Himself? And what do you do with Acts 9:11 & 15? It sure appears to me that Yeshua is sending him as a chosen vessel. KB

Jesus, Yehoshua, yeshua, never sent Paul out, period. Nor did he instruct anyone to send Paul out.

The holy spirit does not exist scientifically, nor as a historically reality.

Paul was not one of Jesus apostles. He made himsel a apostle after murdering christians.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Jesus, Yehoshua, yeshua, never sent Paul out, period. Nor did he instruct anyone to send Paul out.

Paul was not one of Jesus apostles. He made himsel a apostle after murdering christians.

Hi outhouse, you seem very knowledgeable, so if Paul was killing Christians who were the Christian of that time, there was no new testament around then ?.

Ken Brown

Hi outhouse, your arguments are like a dog chasing it's tail. You first claim that Acts and Gal differ, and it's very obvious that they do not, but you present bogus arguments that really fall flat on their face, thinking you are making a point.

Here is the PROOF that Paul was sent as an Apostle. The Gospel, which Yeshua presented to the two on the road to Emmaus, and then later that evening to the rest of the Apostles (sans Thomas), was a Gospel which declared the suffering, death, burial, and third day resurrection of Yeshua as WRITTEN by Moses (Luke 24:25-27, 44-48). Now, Paul presented THAT SAME Gospel to the Corinthians (1 Cor 15:1-4), and he was not taught it by any of the other Apostles (Gal 1:11-12), yet, when he met with the 3 pillars of the Church, they could add NOTHING to the Gospel he was preaching (Gal 2:2, 6, & 9). This Gospel, which is based UPON what Moses wrote, was taught to Paul by someone, and the other Apostles realized that since they did not teach Paul, it had to come from Yeshua, and they extended to him the right hand of fellowship (Gal 2:9). Outhouse, why can you not believe the Gospel which proves that Paul was an Apostle? KB

steeltoes

Hi outhouse, you seem very knowledgeable, so if Paul was killing Christians who were the Christian of that time, there was no new testament around then ?.

Paul persecuted the church of God, his own words in Galatians, good luck making that out to mean he persecuted Christians. Outhouse can't grasp the fact that apostles were self appointed even though Paul says so himself. We have the writing of an apostle that tells us that he and Peter were appointed by God, in other words, they were self appointed. Outhouse ignores what Paul actually says because outhouse can only read the epistles through a gospel lens.

outhouse

Atheistically
Hi outhouse, your arguments are like a dog chasing it's tail. You first claim that Acts and Gal differ, and it's very obvious that they do not, but you present bogus arguments that really fall flat on their face, thinking you are making a point.

Here is the PROOF that Paul was sent as an Apostle. The Gospel, which Yeshua presented to the two on the road to Emmaus, and then later that evening to the rest of the Apostles (sans Thomas), was a Gospel which declared the suffering, death, burial, and third day resurrection of Yeshua as WRITTEN by Moses (Luke 24:25-27, 44-48). Now, Paul presented THAT SAME Gospel to the Corinthians (1 Cor 15:1-4), and he was not taught it by any of the other Apostles (Gal 1:11-12), yet, when he met with the 3 pillars of the Church, they could add NOTHING to the Gospel he was preaching (Gal 2:2, 6, & 9). This Gospel, which is based UPON what Moses wrote, was taught to Paul by someone, and the other Apostles realized that since they did not teach Paul, it had to come from Yeshua, and they extended to him the right hand of fellowship (Gal 2:9). Outhouse, why can you not believe the Gospel which proves that Paul was an Apostle? KB

Utter nonsesne.

Dude, we are talking about histroy here, not your apologetics, nor some mystery text.

Moses does not exist historically according to every credible scholar there is, nor can anything be attributed to him.

Moses has nothing to do with Paul.

The gospel authors are al unknown, and never knew Jesus nor ever heard a word from his lips.

steeltoes

It doesn't matter that the holy spirit does not exist, that's not the point, the fact of the matter is that that is what is claimed by believers. Paul stated that he and Peter were sent out by God. So much for Peter being sent out by Jesus. You can't help but read the gospels into the epistles, that is your problem.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Paul persecuted the church of God, his own words in Galatians, good luck making that out to mean he persecuted Christians. Outhouse can't grasp the fact that apostles were self appointed even though Paul says so himself. We have the writing of an apostle that tells us that he and Peter were appointed by God, in other words, they were self appointed. Outhouse ignores what Paul actually says because outhouse can only read the epistles through a gospel lens.

Thanks steeltoes, yes that makes sense, those who believe in the teachings of the man Jesus and who understands them, and also who wants to tell others are apostles, well that how I see it.