• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Or What Is Israel?

2ndpillar

In my view, Israel represents "us" who come into the ways of truth. Fields of science, technology, etc are vehicles that operate under truthful, evidenced based paradigms from where those in these fields garner their understanding of life. So, in this way God's chosen are those who understand and operate through true, honest, evidenced based, factual and verifiable methods of understanding, without deceit. Most of us are in this continuum of still learning the ropes, and we likely always will be.
"Us" would be the humanistic Marxist who do not believe in the God of Abraham or Jacob/Israel, whose science flip flops from day to day, and whose truth seems to teeter on the ability of the elites to sensor anything which conflicts with the science of the hour. Your Mr. Science, Mr. Fauci, is the epitome of self-interest and of narcissism. When you learn the ropes, come back and inform "us" of what you learned.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
"Us" would be the humanistic Marxist who do not believe in the God of Abraham or Jacob/Israel, whose science flip flops from day to day, and whose truth seems to teeter on the ability of the elites to sensor anything which conflicts with the science of the hour. Your Mr. Science, Mr. Fauci, is the epitome of self-interest and of narcissism. When you learn the ropes, come back and inform "us" of what you learned.
Are you agreeing with the sentiments of my post, or did you misunderstand them? When you know the ropes, let us know how it feels to be God. The rest of us will settle for the small steps needed to understand life and our place in it.

2ndpillar

Are you agreeing with the sentiments of my post, or did you misunderstand them? When you know the ropes, let us know how it feels to be God. The rest of us will settle for the small steps needed to understand life and our place in it.
If you think you are Israel, then you need all the help you can get. As for who God is, he is YHWY, the God of Israel, whose name means I am I am. Which is to say, I am I am, the God of Israel, who is not confined to your subjective "science", based on perceptions interfered by the preceptor. When you can explain the unified theory of gravity, dark energy, and dark matter, and the realigned age of the universe, as of a couple of months ago, get back to me. If you don't understand what the God particle is, then maybe you don't know what you think you know, or even have a basic understanding of the universe past what someone once told you. Your science erodes by the minute, whether by new science, or a new perception of science. That may be why the elite are full of doubt, and are ever fearful, taking more and more drugs, or nonprescription drugs, and forever making false claims. All they have is a bluff, which tries to hide their insecurities and depression. To know the mind of God, one has to be one with God. Those without knowledge, or truth, indeed have no knowledge of God, or the Word of God. All they have is the doctrines of men, which have in the long run, seem to be coming back to bite them. It is race whether nukes kill them, or a man-made virus kills them, stars/rockets from heaven kill them, or IA kills them. In the end, it is rockets/stars from heaven (Rev 16:21), loaded with nukes kills them (Zechariah 14:12). I don't have to go to a gender studies class to find this out. Soft science rules the minds of your typical new age man and women, but mostly women. They have no foundation, and flutter in the wind, taking their vaccines, and quicker than ever, simply dying of one cause or another.
Lies of science killing 17 million people

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
If you think you are Israel, then you need all the help you can get. As for who God is, he is YHWY, the God of Israel, whose name means I am I am. Which is to say, I am I am, the God of Israel, who is not confined to your subjective "science", based on perceptions interfered by the preceptor. When you can explain the unified theory of gravity, dark energy, and dark matter, and the realigned age of the universe, as of a couple of months ago, get back to me. If you don't understand what the God particle is, then maybe you don't know what you think you know, or even have a basic understanding of the universe past what someone once told you. Your science erodes by the minute, whether by new science, or a new perception of science. That may be why the elite are full of doubt, and are ever fearful, taking more and more drugs, or nonprescription drugs, and forever making false claims. All they have is a bluff, which tries to hide their insecurities and depression. To know the mind of God, one has to be one with God. Those without knowledge, or truth, indeed have no knowledge of God, or the Word of God. All they have is the doctrines of men, which have in the long run, seem to be coming back to bite them. It is race whether nukes kill them, or a man-made virus kills them, stars/rockets from heaven kill them, or IA kills them. In the end, it is rockets/stars from heaven (Rev 16:21), loaded with nukes kills them (Zechariah 14:12). I don't have to go to a gender studies class to find this out. Soft science rules the minds of your typical new age man and women, but mostly women. They have no foundation, and flutter in the wind, taking their vaccines, and quicker than ever, simply dying of one cause or another.
Lies of science killing 17 million people
I suggested that Israel equates to Gods chosen and that God's chosen equates to those who have a foundation in what is real and true and able to be understood from what's evidenced and verifiable, namely objective reality as understood by subjective beings. Thanks for the angels and demons plug, and not that it isn't relevant, it's just that it's not my department or discipline. I'm still the student learning as I go, putting together pieces of truth to better form my personal view of life. I'm not quite sure what you're attempting.

2ndpillar

I suggested that Israel equates to Gods chosen and that God's chosen equates to those who have a foundation in what is real and true and able to be understood from what's evidenced and verifiable, namely objective reality as understood by subjective beings. Thanks for the angels and demons plug, and not that it isn't relevant, it's just that it's not my department or discipline. I'm still the student learning as I go, putting together pieces of truth to better form my personal view of life. I'm not quite sure what you're attempting.
I am thinking that your idea of "Israel" comes from the false prophet Paul, and has nothing to do with Jacob/Joseph/Ephraim/Israel of the Law and the prophets, nor of the final Israel of the "end of the age" as pointed distinctly out in Ezekiel 36 & 37, or the role of the "nations"/Gentiles, versus "Judah"/Jews, at the end of the age (Jeremiah 30:11 & Joel 3:1-2). We are now approaching the valley of judgment (Joel 2:31-3:8), also known as the "day of the LORD", whereas the nations/Gentiles will come to Har-Magedo (valley just north of Jerusalem) and come into judgment, apparently with respect to nuclear weapons (Zechariah 14:12). But go pontificating on how you are a follower of the god of science, which apparently hasn't learned to walk with respect to soft or hard science, and as with Mr. Science, Dr. Fauci, has probably caused in the last couple of years, 13-17 million deaths, and untold millions of damaged persons.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I am thinking that your idea of "Israel" comes from the false prophet Paul, and has nothing to do with Jacob/Joseph/Ephraim/Israel of the Law and the prophets, nor of the final Israel of the "end of the age" as pointed distinctly out in Ezekiel 36 & 37, or the role of the "nations"/Gentiles, versus "Judah"/Jews, at the end of the age (Jeremiah 30:11 & Joel 3:1-2). We are now approaching the valley of judgment (Joel 2:31-3:8), also known as the "day of the LORD", whereas the nations/Gentiles will come to Har-Magedo (valley just north of Jerusalem) and come into judgment, apparently with respect to nuclear weapons (Zechariah 14:12). But go pontificating on how you are a follower of the god of science, which apparently hasn't learned to walk with respect to soft or hard science, and as with Mr. Science, Dr. Fauci, has probably caused in the last couple of years, 13-17 million deaths, and untold millions of damaged persons.
Which is fine if that's how you choose to view it. Truth matters because truth is an excellent guide in our daily activities and efforts.

2ndpillar

Which is fine if that's how you choose to view it. Truth matters because truth is an excellent guide in our daily activities and efforts.
Truth matters, but truth is censured, as has been shown over the last several years. If you can't see that, well, I think you are going to be cut short in the coming period of time and be blindsided because of your self assured idea that you have a grip on truth, which as shown lately, requires courage to pursue, and mediocracy to follow the lies laid out to the public by the intelligentsia of media and the elites. But then again, this is a free country to a degree, to this point, but with the coming AI, versus algorithms, truth may be harder and harder to recognize. You will either accept a lie or lose your job and or livelihood.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Truth matters, but truth is censured, as has been shown over the last several years. If you can't see that, well, I think you are going to be cut short in the coming period of time and be blindsided because of your self assured idea that you have a grip on truth, which as shown lately, requires courage to pursue, and mediocracy to follow the lies laid out to the public by the intelligentsia of media and the elites. But then again, this is a free country to a degree, to this point, but with the coming AI, versus algorithms, truth may be harder and harder to recognize. You will either accept a lie or lose your job and or livelihood.
It's possible, but the only way I know is to identify objective truth as being something real and a necessity in order to navigate effectively. Subjectively, I am self-guided in similar fashion. Beyond this, I have no intentions to claim anything beyond what I'm able to know and understand. Truth may very well be censored, but that does not negate the importance of what we do know and understand objectively and subjectively.

2ndpillar

It's possible, but the only way I know is to identify objective truth as being something real and a necessity in order to navigate effectively. Subjectively, I am self-guided in similar fashion. Beyond this, I have no intentions to claim anything beyond what I'm able to know and understand. Truth may very well be censored, but that does not negate the importance of what we do know and understand objectively and subjectively.
What you deem to know, may not be of the truth, and you have only been deceived. You apparently have no initial objective standard to go by, other than your subjective observations, which are prejudiced by the observer and his instruments, which produce different theories hourly, that being with regard to soft science as well as the supposed hard science. But if you are happy with being among the "many", who am I to say that the path of the "many" leads to "destruction" (Mt 7:12-15).

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
What you deem to know, may not be of the truth, and you have only been deceived. You apparently have no initial objective standard to go by, other than your subjective observations, which are prejudiced by the observer and his instruments, which produce different theories hourly, that being with regard to soft science as well as the supposed hard science. But if you are happy with being among the "many", who am I to say that the path of the "many" leads to "destruction" (Mt 7:12-15).
You have quite a theory or perception rather of what constitutes a truth. My personal tools consist of eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and body, which function through a neurological network connected to an even larger network that functions the same way. Your tools may differ. How would i know? Have a nice day and be sure to decongest or clean your tools after use. It may help. Then again, grease is often enough needed at the joints for greater ease of mobility. My neurological network clogs up every now and then, so I find it useful to clean out the pathways. Problem is, I'm limited in availability of tools, according to you. The only way i know to do this is to clean out the erroneous thinking. I apparently don't know truth from a lie, so ... I guess I'll be among the many as opposed to the few. Or it may be the other way around. Who among us when times are tough view the prospect of eternal life as something to be desired? No matter, objective truth as I understand it, is my way despite your resistance to. I guess I'll be required to faith it...subjectively.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

You have quite a theory or perception rather of what constitutes a truth. My personal tools consist of eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and body, which function through a neurological network connected to an even larger network that functions the same way. Your tools may differ. How would i know? Have a nice day and be sure to decongest or clean your tools after use. It may help. Then again, grease is often enough needed at the joints for greater ease of mobility. My neurological network clogs up every now and then, so I find it useful to clean out the pathways. Problem is, I'm limited in availability of tools, according to you. The only way i know to do this is to clean out the erroneous thinking. I apparently don't know truth from a lie, so ... I guess I'll be among the many as opposed to the few. Or it may be the other way around. Who among us when times are tough view the prospect of eternal life as something to be desired? No matter, objective truth as I understand it, is my way despite your resistance to. I guess I'll be required to faith it...subjectively.
Now you are sounding like a Muslim, who before prayers is supposed to clean out their noses in the morning, to clean out Satan, who has been living in their nose. As for when times become "tough", well, times will become tougher, per Rev 9:6, and the "many" will "seek death" and be unable to find it. The "many" seek health and wellbeing by way of science and find that they get deeper and deeper into a morass, and wind up addicted to drugs or alcohol, as alcohol is the route chosen by the perishing (Proverbs 31:6). Objective truth depends on standards, and initial presumptions. When one starts without the initial standards, there is no objective truths, it is all based on subjective premises, often called humanism, which in your case, apparently has you assuming that you are Israel, the determiner and source of "truth".

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Now you are sounding like a Muslim, who before prayers is supposed to clean out their noses in the morning, to clean out Satan, who has been living in their nose. As for when times become "tough", well, times will become tougher, per Rev 9:6, and the "many" will "seek death" and be unable to find it. The "many" seek health and wellbeing by way of science and find that they get deeper and deeper into a morass, and wind up addicted to drugs or alcohol, as alcohol is the route chosen by the perishing (Proverbs 31:6). Objective truth depends on standards, and initial presumptions. When one starts without the initial standards, there is no objective truths, it is all based on subjective premises, often called humanism, which in your case, apparently has you assuming that you are Israel, the determiner and source of "truth".

I am a truth oriented individual. I would equate this with being one chosen by God who honors in spirit and truth. It's stated specifically in scriptures. John 4 something or other.

Elihoenai

We have to take all verses into consideration and just not look at one.

It isn’t the first time God used those words:

Jeremiah 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the Lord And remove the foreskins of your hearts, Men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, Or else My wrath will spread like fire And burn with no one to quench it, Because of the evil of your deeds.”

They were still Jews - but God still looks for the heart
2 Corinthians 3:6

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Are you denying that there is a Fleshly Israel? Don't you agree that the Dead Letter produces Fleshly Israel?

Ancient Animal Sacrifice Ritual Makes a Modern Comeback

Notice this verse:

Romans 11:17
But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,

Notice that we are “grated in” which gives the understanding that God’s covenant with Israel is still ongoing. We didn’t “become spiritual Israel” but were grafted “into” spiritual Israel. Unto them - they were entrusted with the actual words of God.
Where is Spiritual Israel? Are the those calling themselves Jews/Israel Spiritual? Being Grafted In is the Same as Becoming Spiritual Israel. Christians are Grafted In/ Become Spiritual Israel through Following Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ.

As far as The Law… If you violate on part of the law you are guilty of the whole of the law therefore the covenant was made unto “the seed” and not “seeds” as of many Only Jesus Christ fulfills the law of Moses. I am of the faith of Abraham before the law even existed.
Genesis 26:5

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Hebrews 11:28

28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

To Attain the Faith of Abraham you Must Observe the Law of Moses. Observing the Law of Moses produces Faith.

Last edited:

Elihoenai

Israel, as understand it, are the people of God. It is suggested that others are grafted into that vine. I'll assume it has to do with behaviors and our understanding. You mentioned two people or nations and the elder serving the younger. The elder would typically be better equipped for service due to the duration of time and life experience, so it may have something to do with understanding life realities or vice versa. Truth or error, knowing or unknowing, etc.
Yes, Israel Identity is Certainly about Behaviours. The Rebellious Beast Profanes the Standard to Genetics with no requirement on Behaviours. Do you Recognise any Special People that are the People of Elohim/God? To be the People of Elohim/God you Must represent Elohim/God Truly.

Elihoenai

In my view, Israel represents "us" who come into the ways of truth. Fields of science, technology, etc are vehicles that operate under truthful, evidenced based paradigms from where those in these fields garner their understanding of life. So, in this way God's chosen are those who understand and operate through true, honest, evidenced based, factual and verifiable methods of understanding, without deceit. Most of us are in this continuum of still learning the ropes, and we likely always will be.
Hebrews 11:1

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Science and Technology hasn't got anything to do with what Israel Represents. The Gentiles depend on and are proficient with science and technology. I myself work in applied science and technology. Israel Represents Total Devotion to the Religion of the Elohim/God of Israel. Israel Represents Faith.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Hebrews 11:1

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Science and Technology hasn't got anything to do with what Israel Represents. The Gentiles depend on and are proficient with science and technology. I myself work in applied science and technology. Israel Represents Total Devotion to the Religion of the Elohim/God of Israel. Israel Represents Faith.
Ok, Einstein please explain what you mean. Substance and evidence is specifically what I'm inquiring about.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Now you are sounding like a Muslim,
I don't think a Muslim would say as he did " My personal tools consist of eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and body, which function through a neurological network connected to an even larger network that functions the same way." Muslims believe the Quran is a source of truth.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
2 Corinthians 3:6

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

I agree with these scriptures.
Are you denying that there is a Fleshly Israel? Don't you agree that the Dead Letter produces Fleshly Israel?
You can be a Christian and be carnal, fleshly, immature and judgmental.
Where is Spiritual Israel? Are the those calling themselves Jews/Israel Spiritual? Being Grafted In is the Same as Becoming Spiritual Israel. Christians are Grafted In/ Become Spiritual Israel through Following Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ.

Aren’t you glad that it is God that is the judge of hearts and not you or me? Isn’t it more important to preach the Gospel with power that it is to decide these matters?
Genesis 26:5

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Hebrews 11:28

28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

To Attain the Faith of Abraham you Must Observe the Law of Moses. Observing the Law of Moses produces Faith.
And Levi was in the Loins of Abraham. :) Hebrews 7