• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the true church?

wmam

jewscout said:
As I was afraid of. I disagree with a lot of what was quoted there. See it's the man thinking he knows whats best and using his own heart and mind to try and some how decipher the Truth from the Word. Again I will say that it be only by way of the Holy Spirit can one make such bold understandings. Thanks for trying though.

Being you said many was there other beliefs you can speak of that looked at it as you posted?

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
Yah's truth is still, in essence, your version of what you believe to be "Yah's Truth". And the fact that you state it in such a manner, seems to indicate that the choice has to go back to yours. Perhaps I am being presumptuous though, which everyone is to a degree anyway.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
muichimotsu said:
Yah's truth is still, in essence, your version of what you believe to be "Yah's Truth". And the fact that you state it in such a manner, seems to indicate that the choice has to go back to yours. Perhaps I am being presumptuous though, which everyone is to a degree anyway.
Maybe the name of the game is that it's not "Yah's truth", but some existing truth.

``Victor

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
It's only that person's view of that supposedly existing truth, however, and thusly, is not constant or even agreeing with other views that they seem to fail to see in the first place.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
wmam said:
Can you name some and show us where they believe this?
Unitarian Universalism.

We believe there is wisdom in most, if not all, of the world's religions. We feel each is valuable for what it can tell us about ourselves and our world, and how its members find religious meaning and direction.

We believe in the universality of religion in that we recognize all humans ask questions such as "Why am I here? What is the meaning and purpose of my life? Why do I have to die?" Realizing all religions seek to provide answers to questions like these, we think there is much wisdom in their many answers.

Few UUs contend that there is, or ever will be, a single universal religion that is right for everyone.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
muichimotsu said:
It's only that person's view of that supposedly existing truth, however, and thusly, is not constant or even agreeing with other views that they seem to fail to see in the first place.
You lost me. Can you please clarify.

`Victor

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
Everyone has their own biased version of the truth and seem to fail to see that their's isn't the only potential truth. It's a matter of questioning yourself

wmam

muichimotsu said:
Oh, but, see your saying that my understanding of the Truth is wrong because I fail to believe that it may not be Truth. That I fail to observe other beliefs as being Truth.
LOL...... O.K. .......Maybe now I can paraphrase you in being presumptuous. As far as choice goes, like I stated, its your choice to either except something or not. I am not here to convert you or change your way of thinking on any given subject. If it happens the so be it but it wasn't something that was intended. I choose to accept the Truth as it is written and as the way the Spirit moves me to understand it. You on the other hand may not agree with it the way it is written and rather would accept another, more, watered down version that was interpreted in such a manner to go along with the wants and whims of the general masses. I don't want to argue the point of who is or isn't right here, I just wanted to give another perspective on the question at hand which I believe I have done whether you agree with it or not is your own problem.

It is understood that there are going to be many that do not agree with anything period and there are those that will agree only a little which would and could be broken down into percentages as to how much they agree with. Then there are still those that will accept it whole and complete as it is. None of this in the end, in my own personal opinion, means a hill of beans to the Creator which commanded us to obey or else. Sure He gave us ways to repent and cleanse ourselves from such inequity's, but the message was and is the same, obey or be punished.

Here is some food for thought..............

When YAHshua told the woman accused of adultery to go and sin no more, did she know that sin, after His death, would be defined differently than that she was accustomed to and was raised to believe was defined as sin? I mean, she only knew that which is said today to be Mosaic Law. How then when YAHshua told her as well as anyone else then to go and sin to more or to even state to observe the commandments of His Father, would any of them know the difference?

There is no difference. Sin is still Sin and Lie's are still Lie's.

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
So it's either we follow YOUR version of the Creator or we don't follow the right thing at all? I just wonder how loving your God can be when he's condemning every sin and making every human glorify him every waking moment of their lives?

wmam

Maize said:
Unitarian Universalism.

We believe there is wisdom in most, if not all, of the world's religions. We feel each is valuable for what it can tell us about ourselves and our world, and how its members find religious meaning and direction.

We believe in the universality of religion in that we recognize all humans ask questions such as "Why am I here? What is the meaning and purpose of my life? Why do I have to die?" Realizing all religions seek to provide answers to questions like these, we think there is much wisdom in their many answers.

Few UUs contend that there is, or ever will be, a single universal religion that is right for everyone.
Maize thanks for your reply to my question.........

I don't see where it is stated that they believe that other beliefs are going to allow someone to be saved.

I have stated in another post here that yes I believe that there was Truth mixed in with lie's in most religions, if not all. Therefore there would be some good as part of these different understandings but the distasteful lie's ruins the pot.

wmam

muichimotsu said:
So it's either we follow YOUR version of the Creator or we don't follow the right thing at all? I just wonder how loving your God can be when he's condemning every sin and making every human glorify him every waking moment of their lives?
LOL.........

It's not my place to make that call. That will be ultimately up to our Creator. And who said that anyones version of their god, or gods, have to stand up to your version of the word love? Ever hear of tough love? I can't presume that you were raised by a Father, or not, but for the sake of this conversation I will assume as such. You must have loved your Father if you obeyed him. If he loved you he would have corrected you if you strayed from his rules. This would have been one of the ways you were molded into being who you are. My Elohim is YAHweh and He will correct those that disobey His commands. He does this because He loves us and wants us to be molded into beings that are worthy of His grace. It is written that he will destroy His enemies as well so I have to be content in knowing that all will be taken care of for His love for all that obey, fear and love Him. Now if you look at it differently then so be it. That is you and this is me. Go and be happy that you are content in your understanding. I know I am happy and content with mine. :)

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
Be content with self-ordained ignorance. I personally can't see how a Father would not even let his children make mistakes, as long as they are happy and they aren't hurting people, that seems to be more important to a benevolent and loving God. But then, that is my opinion and you will disagree, I would think.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
wmam said:
Maize thanks for your reply to my question.........

I don't see where it is stated that they believe that other beliefs are going to allow someone to be saved.

We don't believe that people must be "saved".

may

what is the true church?

it is a clean congregation, free from worldly corruption and devoted to its Head, Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ definitely foretold that his one true congregation would be restored during what he called a conclusion of a system of things. (Matthew 13:30, 39) The fulfillment of Bible prophecies shows that we are now living in that time. (Matthew 24:3-35) That being true, each of us needs to ask, ‘Where is that one true church?’ It ought to become more and more clearly identifiable

Bishka

Veteran Member
StewpidLoser said:
Why not? Why the secrecy?
It's not secrecy, it's sacredness. We hold those ordinaces to be sacred, and we do not want people to treat them as if they are not. It's defintley not secrecy, I can tell you that much. Completley sacred. It's like trying to prevent people from walking on a picture of Jesus, who would do that? We want to protect the sacredness and holiness of these ordiances.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Too sacred to educate folks about???
How is teaching someone about ordinances and rituals like walking on a picture of Jesus? You make it sound like telling a non-mormon about these things is blashemy. Is it?

(no, I'm not trying to be confrontational. Just trying to 'get it')

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
StewpidLoser said:
Too sacred to educate folks about???
How is teaching someone about ordinances and rituals like walking on a picture of Jesus? You make it sound like telling a non-mormon about these things is blashemy. Is it?

(no, I'm not trying to be confrontational. Just trying to 'get it')
What, specifically, would you like to be educated about? There are a whole lot of things we feel entirely comfortable talking about. We could always start there.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Katzpur said:
What, specifically, would you like to be educated about?
If I don't know what the ordinances are that are so secret/sacred that they cannot be talked about, how can I possibly know what to ask?

Sooooo.... here's what I'll ask ~ which ordinances (in general for now) are too sacred to talk about or describe and why are non mormons not allowed to know about them?

Bishka

Veteran Member
StewpidLoser said:
If I don't know what the ordinances are that are so secret/sacred that they cannot be talked about, how can I possibly know what to ask?

Sooooo.... here's what I'll ask ~ which ordinances (in general for now) are too sacred to talk about or describe and why are non mormons not allowed to know about them?
The ordiances of the endowment, and marriage sealing. I know those are two very important ones.

I think why non-mormons are not allowed to know about them, is because, like I said before, people might try to take them and make a mockery of them. That's what they tried to do with the missing pages of the Book of Mormon.

They wanted to take something sacred and holy and make a mockery of them, that's why only members who are temple-worthy(interviewed by bishop and stake president), are allowed to enter into the temple.

You wouldn't want to make a mockery of something holy would you?