• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the true church?

Bishka

Veteran Member
verita said:
Sorry, but the bible contains only 66 books and there is no Nephi in the bible.
Isa 34:16 Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

God bless you.

That's nice darling, but you can't really eexpect me to believe that God would only speak to his children on the european/asian continenet in the middle east and none of his other children anywhere else in the world, do you?

Do you really expect me to believe God is selfish and favoring some of his children over the others?

I doubt it.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
verita said:
Our Lord Jesus Christ is the head of the body. The body is the church.
Col1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Who is that church according to the bible?
1Co 1:9 God is faithful, through whom ye were called into the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
1Co 1:2 unto the church of God which is at Corinth, even them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place, their Lord and ours:

In the true church, every commandments written in the bible is strictly followed by everyone.
1Ti 6:14 that you keep the commandment without spot and without blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ.

God bless you

OK, everybody! Take off your 50/50 shirts!!!

Jesus said that we were to be identified by how we love one another, not by how well we keep "every commandment written in the Bible."

verita

beckysoup61 said:
That's nice darling, but you can't really eexpect me to believe that God would only speak to his children on the european/asian continenet in the middle east and none of his other children anywhere else in the world, do you?

Do you really expect me to believe God is selfish and favoring some of his children over the others?

I doubt it.

God is not selfish. God loves everyone in this world whether you are white, black, yellow or brown. God loves even the wicked persons on earth. Wicked peoples on earth were just misled. Almost all of us have religions but our leaders did not teach us the law of God, his judgment, mercy and faith, just like what happen in
Israel before.
Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

You see, the spirit of Christ is the one giving us life from the very day that we are born until we stop breathing. I don’t think science can explain how the baby start to breath upon delivery from their mother’s womb. As far as I know, the lungs of the baby must be filled first with oxygen before they could start breathing. Who pushes oxygen to their lungs? Can science explain that? The bible had explanation.
Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Act 17:24 The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of Heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands,
Act 17:25 nor is served with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives life and breath and all things to all.

I don’t want you to believe my own words. If you use the bible, believe in everything that are written therein. These is what Saint John said…
Joh 5:31 If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not true.
Joh 5:32 There is another who bears witness of Me, and I know that the witness which He witnesses of Me is true.
Joh 5:33 You sent to John, and he bore witness to the truth.
Joh 5:34 But I do not receive testimony from man, but these things I say so that you might be saved.

To those who reads my message, please don’t be offended of me. I don’t want to hurt the feelings of anyone. I’m telling you sincerely that deep in my heart I love (agape) your soul just as I love mine. I am not even a preacher in our church. I am nothing in this world. But God Almighty had made known his words unto me and my own conscience bothers me because I am just keeping it to myself.
This is the first forum I have ever joined in my whole life. I don’t want even to join forums like this because I am very poor in English grammar and spelling that even word processor cannot correct it. But I am afraid to God because he might throw me also in hell.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful,…. will have their part in the Lake burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

God bless you.
:sad:

nutshell

verita said:

God is not selfish. God loves everyone in this world whether you are white, black, yellow or brown. God loves even the wicked persons on earth. Wicked peoples on earth were just misled. Almost all of us have religions but our leaders did not teach us the law of God, his judgment, mercy and faith, just like what happen in
Israel before.
Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

You see, the spirit of Christ is the one giving us life from the very day that we are born until we stop breathing. I don’t think science can explain how the baby start to breath upon delivery from their mother’s womb. As far as I know, the lungs of the baby must be filled first with oxygen before they could start breathing. Who pushes oxygen to their lungs? Can science explain that? The bible had explanation.
Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Act 17:24 The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of Heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands,
Act 17:25 nor is served with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives life and breath and all things to all.

I don’t want you to believe my own words. If you use the bible, believe in everything that are written therein. These is what Saint John said…
Joh 5:31 If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not true.
Joh 5:32 There is another who bears witness of Me, and I know that the witness which He witnesses of Me is true.
Joh 5:33 You sent to John, and he bore witness to the truth.
Joh 5:34 But I do not receive testimony from man, but these things I say so that you might be saved.

To those who reads my message, please don’t be offended of me. I don’t want to hurt the feelings of anyone. I’m telling you sincerely that deep in my heart I love (agape) your soul just as I love mine. I am not even a preacher in our church. I am nothing in this world. But God Almighty had made known his words unto me and my own conscience bothers me because I am just keeping it to myself.
This is the first forum I have ever joined in my whole life. I don’t want even to join forums like this because I am very poor in English grammar and spelling that even word processor can correct it. But I am afraid to God because he might throw me also in hell.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful,…. will have their part in the Lake burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

God bless you.
:sad:

I'm not sure I understand. Can you explain what you were responding to in Becky's post and how the scriptures you quoted apply?

Thank you.