• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Has/Had the Best Singing Voice in Rock and Roll?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
We all know that Rock singers aren't known by their voices, but there have been a few that have tremendous voices.
Some examples are:
Roy Orbison
Freddy Mercury (Queen)
Paul Rodgers (Bad Company)
Burton Cummings (The Guess Who).

Anyone else like to name who they think had/has the best voice in rock music?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I like Chris Cornell the best at the moment....of course, I think he's without a band right now though.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Um-um.. Dat guy from A-ha.

9e1d63c2d93d8f16

Last edited:

gnomon

Actually, the big metal bands were known for having some of the greatest male vocalists based on vocal range:

Ronnie James Dio
Bruce Dickinson
Rob Halford
Geoff Tate
Matt Barlow
many others

You had to have a good voice to keep up with screaming guitars.

Add in Steve Perry, Freddie Mercury, Steve Walsh, Robert Plant, Mike Patton - I couldn't single anyone out as the best.

Mercury, Dicksinson, Walsh, Tate and Patton - a not too random top 5. Of those Patton and Mercury for being more distinctive but not necessarily having a better voice.

Here's Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) singing Tom Jones' Delilah on some crazy game show:
YouTube - Bruce Dickinson - Delilah at 'The Last Chance Lottery' Show

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I also like Glenn Frey's (The Eagles) voice. Along with Kerry Livgren (Kansas), The Gibb Brothers (Bee Gees), Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, and more.