• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who do you think would turn to God first?

which super hero listed do you think would turn to God first?

• Total voters

t3gah

who do you think would turn to God first?

• Aquaman
  • Batman
  • Green Hornet
  • Silver Surfer
  • Spiderman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman

jewscout

Religious Zionist
That's easy...Aquaman...because he's the worst superhero ever!
oooo look at me i can talk to fish and swim really fast!
And then he got a hook...A HOOK!! What the hell is he supposed to be now? A Pirate?!?!
Hell Steve the Pirate from "Dodgeball" was more intimidating!

No*s

Captain Obvious
Probably Spider-man. I've actually seen him pray a couple of times when he's really desperate.

The others tend to fight with gods, so why pray? Especially the Silver Surfer, Mr. Mini-Galactus.

(I must say that I like almost every character on this list lol)

No*s

Captain Obvious
jewscout said:
And then he got a hook...A HOOK!! What the hell is he supposed to be now? A Pirate?!?!

Feh, the last I saw him, he had a lame fake hand to replace it and was back to having short hair...

However, I dare say that Aquaman cannot beat Bouncing Boy for being the worst superhero...

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Whoops, in confusion, I already posted my response on another board. I'll have to go delete that.

But I will continue to say Nightcrawler! He trained as a priest, and his faith has always been very important to him. And I still say having a prehensile tail would rock, whether one is called upon God or not.

Master Vigil

But remember his training to be a priest was based on the premise that he was talking to god. But it wasn't god, I am not sure exactly who it was, but it was someone playing with his mind. Please someone help me out with this. But his belief was based on a fabrication.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Master Vigil said:
But remember his training to be a priest was based on the premise that he was talking to god. But it wasn't god, I am not sure exactly who it was, but it was someone playing with his mind. Please someone help me out with this. But his belief was based on a fabrication.
Ah, very true! (The "Church of Humanity" series. Those naughty persons were playing with his mind and convinces him he'd undergone priestly training, when it was more that he was being hypnotized.) I still loved the brief "Dracula" story arc, though, when the X Men were facing down a vampire (obviously) and Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat) tried holding the beastie off with a cross, and kept wondering why doing that would work for Kurt (Nightcrawler) and not when she tried it. I think someone told her that, in order for that 'trick' to work, it had to be a faith one believed in. She proceeded to use a Star of David, with equal effect.

*looks shifty-eyed* No, I'm not a fangirl, why do you ask?!

jewscout

Religious Zionist
FeathersinHair said:
Whoops, in confusion, I already posted my response on another board. I'll have to go delete that.

But I will continue to say Nightcrawler! He trained as a priest, and his faith has always been very important to him. And I still say having a prehensile tail would rock, whether one is called upon God or not.
You know at one point there was a conspiracy to try to make him the pope?:areyoucra

oops looks like you already did know...sorry:D

dan

jewscout said:
He kinda looks like a chick with that hair, too.

dan

Remember, Superman was raised on a farm by conservative, loving parents. He probably has a Bible and votes republican.

No*s

Captain Obvious
dan said:
Remember, Superman was raised on a farm by conservative, loving parents. He probably has a Bible and votes republican.

Feh. He's one of those that exchanged everything for the Big City. I think he abandoned it all and went Democrat...or worse still...Communist! ;).

jewscout

Religious Zionist
No*s said:
Feh. He's one of those that exchanged everything for the Big City. I think he abandoned it all and went Democrat...or worse still...Communist! ;).
No no Superman is probably a big republican.

No*s

Captain Obvious
jewscout said:
No no Superman is probably a big republican.

I say the nay!

Superman's greatest enemy was a corporate exec. He frequently fights evil corporations in the name of the little man. What Republican would dare hurt his bottom line there? A small-town Republican might, but certainly not a big Republican. Besides, Superman was fashioned in the thirties. In that day, the country was pretty much Democrat :).

jewscout

Religious Zionist
No*s said:
I say the nay!

Superman's greatest enemy was a corporate exec. He frequently fights evil corporations in the name of the little man. What Republican would dare hurt his bottom line there? A small-town Republican might, but certainly not a big Republican. Besides, Superman was fashioned in the thirties. In that day, the country was pretty much Democrat :).
Yes but at that time the Democrats were undergoing a political change from being the conservative party to being the liberal party. Besides Superman never lost his small roots. Also it should be noted that Lex Luthor was originally a mad scientist.:D

No*s

Captain Obvious
jewscout said:
Yes but at that time the Democrats were undergoing a political change from being the conservative party to being the liberal party. Besides Superman never lost his small roots. Also it should be noted that Lex Luthor was originally a mad scientist.:D

One can be a small town guy and still not be a Republican. I'm living proof. I'm a non-Republican redneck :).

Now on Luthor, this is true, all very true...however if we go back far enough Luthor was a second rate villain. He was just some small guy with red hair working for a bald mad scientist, the Ultra Humanite. So, Luthor being a corporate mongol is just another stage in his transformation to make him a better and better villain lol.

Off the record though...I'm glad that it looked like DC is moving away from the corporate exec paradigm. I liked Luthor much more as a mad scientist when I was little. The corporate guy never did grow on me. I say that they create a whole new villain for Supes to fight there and bring back the old Luthor...

No*s

Captain Obvious
Yeah, G.H. definately is someone who fights for what he thinks is right, even if it's radical :).