• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who do you think would turn to God first?

which super hero listed do you think would turn to God first?

• Total voters

cfer

Wasn't Wonder Woman an Amazon? Didn't they have a different god?

I choose Spider-Man. Having never really known his parents, or losing them at a very young age (I can't really remember), and also through losing his uncle Ben, he would want to turn to a father figure that could help guide him.

Superman didn't really have to worry about anything unless there was some kryptonite around. When you're virtually indestructible, I bet you don't turn to God all that quickly. What would you need him for?

Batman, the Dark Knight, definitely wouldn't. His personality seems to be more likely to turn against God, especially when he lost his parents. Bruce Wayne/Batman is a brooder who would tend to blame God for the bad things that happen rather than turn towards God.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
I'm going with Batman on this one. He is going to have to get tired of vengeance one day and leave his anger behind, he is just going to break down crying and ask God for help. Happy, powerful people just don't generally turn to God as much though, why should they? They are doing so well at playing thier own God. I did not pick wonderwoman or Superman because I consider them all far too secure and sligthly conceited.

Spiderman is my favorite, still.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
And yes I know they are all make-believe!!! I don't generally like pretend questions about impossible things, and I HATE that Christian song that goes "what would happen if cartoons got saved". Our religion isn't a fantasy, but there is no point in getting all offended, when it comes on I just turn it off and make sure everyone in the room knows where I stand on things like that.

Alexander

Why don't you have Hawk-Girl up there? That girl gets the snot beat out of her so often, she'd better have a contigency plan! : )

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
:149: I'm so adamant, I'm using the desk-pounding icon again!

nscan3.jpg

Kurt! Except that I contend he wouldn't 'turn' to god, since his faith is already solidly there.

ayani

Batman's always seemed like a very vunerable super-hero to me. he's got to rely on his humanity to fight crime and keep himself alive, not on powers. sure he's strong and tough and grim, but i don't think he's beyond getting on his knees and praying. (plus Batman's just plain cool)

No*s

Captain Obvious
gracie said:
Batman's always seemed like a very vunerable super-hero to me. he's got to rely on his humanity to fight crime and keep himself alive, not on powers. sure he's strong and tough and grim, but i don't think he's beyond getting on his knees and praying. (plus Batman's just plain cool)

I would beg to differ. Batman is smug, arrogant, and unwilling to ask for help when he needs it lol. He strikes me as the sort of guy that if God showed up in Gotham, he'd say "Get out of my town, God. Now."

ayani

No*s said:
I would beg to differ. Batman is smug, arrogant, and unwilling to ask for help when he needs it lol. He strikes me as the sort of guy that if God showed up in Gotham, he'd say "Get out of my town, God. Now."
:laughs: well, i see your point. i think God and Batman would definately have something of an ego-clash. ok, but what if Batman followed a tradition w/o a personal God to butt heads with? i'm actually getting into this, ha!

No*s

Captain Obvious
I don't think Bats would care with an impersonal god. It wouldn't do anything for him, and he wouldn't have anyone to turn to ;)

fromthe heart

There's no need to fear...Underdog is here!:woohoo: I don't think given the basis for super heros that they would conceed that anyone was better than they are. If I had to pick an old one would be underdog...lol anyone remember him?

t3gah

fromthe heart said:
There's no need to fear...Underdog is here!:woohoo: I don't think given the basis for super heros that they would conceed that anyone was better than they are. If I had to pick an old one would be underdog...lol anyone remember him?
The poll option would only allow ten choices. I woulda put up Underdog and Shaggy if there were more slots.

I do have two other polls that are about astronomy that are part 1 of 2 and part 2 of 2, but I didn't want to flood the place with polls so I only made one for this topic.

niamhwitch

Celtic Faery Wiccan )O(
I dont know why, but I said Aquaman. For some reason he just seems like he could be the most religious out of the bunch. Spiderman as a second choice.

jimbob

The Celt
Of the choices, spider-man. in the "Ultimate" series, he seems to pray to God alot.

Other than him, i would choose flash. I i ran that fast, i would be praying the whole time that i don't run into something.