• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Cares About Religion?

life.is.ravishing

Loving life...
Because in reality, we are all connected, and we are all children of this existence which can be called "God". We are all sons of "God". We are part of that all existing element and so was Jesus.

And of the miracles? I as well see myself as a daughter of Christ, but I am not able to perform miralces.

drs

Ezekiel's vision? Why should I care what Ezekiel had to say? I thought the bible was the word of God, not the word of Ezekiel. What does Jesus or "God" say of heaven? That is all that really matters. These other guys are just fallible humans like anyone else. I don't trust them. Just because Ezekiel said it does not mean that God said it.

it is the word of GOD and here GOD gave this vision to Ezekiel

drs

I'm sure you're aware that heaven is basically described as a giant gated city made of gold and other precious stones. There is no moon, no sun, no night, just tall gleaming towers and the only body of water anywhere is a single river flowing through it. The main reason why it would feel like a prison is because I hate cities, they make me feel crowded and congested, basically "imprisoned". Also I love the beauty of the moon and the stars at night, to spend eternity never admiring them again... I can't even describe the feeling of loss. about the only redeeming factor I can see in the given description is the river, as I greatly love the water, but even so, where are the forests, the oceans, the mountains, waterfalls, and all the rest of the beauty of nature. To spend my whole life surrounded by nothing but gleaming skyscrapers, I cannot imagine a grander prison or more complete torture.

it is not gleaming skyscrapers it is truly undescribable to the human mind it is beyond us but it will greater than all you can imagine.

read here and think you see the world around you and the stars and the universe that GOD has made.

Imagine how wonderfull this is.

Revelation 21

he Glory of the New Jerusalem
22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it,[j] for the glory[k] of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved[l] shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.[m] 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it.[n] 27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes[o] an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

Revelation 22

The River of Life

1 And he showed me a pure[a] river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. 5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
it is not gleaming skyscrapers it is truly undescribable to the human mind it is beyond us but it will greater than all you can imagine.

read here and think you see the world around you and the stars and the universe that GOD has made.

Imagine how wonderfull this is.

Revelation 21

he Glory of the New Jerusalem
22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it,[j] for the glory[k] of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved[l] shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.[m] 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it.[n] 27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes[o] an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

Revelation 22

The River of Life

1 And he showed me a pure[a] river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. 5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

I know those passages, I read them just before posting my reply to you. It's because of those passages that I said what I did. I have no desire to live in a "city of gold". That is not heaven to me nor is it "wonderful". When I imagine it and imagine being there I get the feeling of being closed in and crowded like I do whenever I am in any city. To me true heaven would be the forests of summerland, or even at least the garden of eden(though that always had a bit of an "artificial feel" to me whenever I read about it).

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
And of the miracles? I as well see myself as a daughter of Christ, but I am not able to perform miralces.

Really? I thought creating life was a miracle. Humans have the ability to create new life.

You don't have to make a blind man see or be able to walk on water for something to be considered a miracle. We are all able to perform certain miracles of our own we may not even realize. Jesus was a highly "awakened" being. He was like basically a master of the healing arts. Not all of us are that "awakened" yet. Focus on the journey, not the destination. From that we learn.

life.is.ravishing

Loving life...
Really? I thought creating life was a miracle. Humans create life.

You don't have to make a blind man see or be able to walk on water for something to be considered a miracle. We are all able to perform certain miracles of our own we may not even realize. Jesus was a highly "awakened" being. He was like basically a master of the healing arts. Not all of us are that "awakened" yet. Focus on the journey, not the destination. From that we learn.

Hmmm. That's a very interesting opinion. I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this though. We just have differing fundamental beliefs. :eek:

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member

"Parting a bowl of soup is not a miracle, Bruce, it's a magic trick. A single mother who works two jobs and still manages to find time to take her son to soccer practice, that's a miracle. A teenager who says no to drugs and yes to an education, that's a miracle."(God(Morgan Friedman) in "Bruce Almighty")

life.is.ravishing

Loving life...
"Parting a bowl of soup is not a miracle, Bruce, it's a magic trick. A single mother who works two jobs and still manages to find time to take her son to soccer practice, that's a miracle. A teenager who says no to drugs and yes to an education, that's a miracle."(God(Morgan Friedman) in "Bruce Almighty")

Haha, good movie.

ranjana

[FONT=&quot]Robert Service quipped, “Please God, spare me your great hereafter.”

I try not to worry about religion, although it has a way of stirring things up in the world. Troublemaker!!!
[/FONT]

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Why should you, or anyone else, care about religion?

There is an interest to study religion in order to understand our history and development of thought, to understand the motives and beliefs of the people in our world, the demographics of the world. to understand how religion is used in ways that effect us, if you are a believer, you have a duty to know what you practice and study your religion, if you are an unbeliever you have a duty to study religion and know in what ways it threatens your way of life (or life) and it what ways it can be exploited for public strife.
There should be an interest to study religion to understand the background of your culture, and other cultures and the forces at hand.

UnityNow101

"Jesus said:
If those who lead you say to you,
See, the kingdom is in heaven,
then the birds of heaven will go before you.
If they say to you,
It is in the sea,
then the fish will go before you.
But the kingdom is within you, and it is outside of you."~Gospel of Thomas~

"His disciples said to him: "On what day will the repose of the dead come into being, and on what day will the new world come?" He said to them: "What you await has come, but you do not know it."~Gospel of Thomas~

"His disciples said to him: On what day will the kingdom come? [Jesus said] It will not come while people watch for it; they will not say: Look, here it is, or: Look, there it is; but the kingdom of the father is spread out over the earth, and men do not see it."~Gospel of Thomas~

"People who say they will first die and then arise are mistaken. If they do not first receive resurrection while they are alive, once they have died they will receive nothing." ~Gospel of Philip~

Last edited:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Because, for good or bad, it drives many people's decisions and motives. If we want to understand things like human behavior, current events and human history, just to name a few, you need to understand religion and it's influence on people and culture.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
"Jesus said:
If those who lead you say to you,
See, the kingdom is in heaven,
then the birds of heaven will go before you.
If they say to you,
It is in the sea,
then the fish will go before you.
But the kingdom is within you, and it is outside of you."~Gospel of Thomas~

"His disciples said to him: "On what day will the repose of the dead come into being, and on what day will the new world come?" He said to them: "What you await has come, but you do not know it."~Gospel of Thomas~

"His disciples said to him: On what day will the kingdom come? [Jesus said] It will not come while people watch for it; they will not say: Look, here it is, or: Look, there it is; but the kingdom of the father is spread out over the earth, and men do not see it."~Gospel of Thomas~

"People who say they will first die and then arise are mistaken. If they do not first receive resurrection while they are alive, once they have died they will receive nothing." ~Gospel of Philip~

That was truly enlightening. It is exactly how I see things. We are already in Heaven. The Garden of Eden is all around us and we already have eaten of the Tree of Life. We are alive on this earth living amongst the animals. Only our "minds" separate us from God. Death is only a rebirth. Those who expect to be "delivered" to heaven, are going to be disappointed. They missed heaven already in ignoring the life they were given in search for something greater. Thank you!:)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
My husband had the right idea at one point I think...He said "aliens created the Bible so people wouldnt get depressed and kill themselves..." LOL!!!

Sorry...

Love

Dallas

Dream Angel

Because if everyone was to not care about religion - it may make big guy angry which would not be good when we find out that actually he has been there all the time, watching our every move.

Better to be safe than sorry!!

I must admit, as much as I have my reservations of some of the Islamic practises (no offence), I had to give it to one muslim lady on wife swap once when asked "dont you get hot in the hijab" replied..."yes I can get very hot, but hell will be hotter.."

Other than that, I think if used wisely and in the way it should, religion can bring a lot of good to this world.