• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Cares About Religion?

life.is.ravishing

Loving life...
So many reasons. More than I could list, and many cannot be explained. I'll try my best though. :)

Religion is the organized part of Faith. For me, specifically, Christianity. However, I find religion not as important as the Faith aspect. God gives me strength, gives me hope, and gives me love. That's why it's important. Religion in itself is important I think for encouragement and for fellowship. For meeting with other believers, and for affirmation of beliefs.

I don't know... I'm not doing a very good job of explaining this. :eek: It's so hard to try to put into words.

UnityNow101

because if you don't find the truth you will not go to heaven.

I maintain that if you don't find heaven, then you might as well forget about the truth as well. Heaven is a state of mind which, like resurrection, must be understood in the here and now. If your whole life revolves around finding what is true, then you will find that you are simply moving from one theory or idea to the next, and never actually come upon this elusive truth. If you are seeking this truth out of fear of eternal damnation, then you will never find this heaven of which I speak...

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Why should you, or anyone else, care about religion?

I shouldn't, you shouldn't. It doesn't really matter does it. Does this sound weird come from a Theist here, or what :p.
Believe in your God(gods) but you don't need some damn religion.

drs

I maintain that if you don't find heaven, then you might as well forget about the truth as well. Heaven is a state of mind which, like resurrection, must be understood in the here and now. If your whole life revolves around finding what is true, then you will find that you are simply moving from one theory or idea to the next, and never actually come upon this elusive truth. If you are seeking this truth out of fear of eternal damnation, then you will never find this heaven of which I speak...

GOD has allowed me to know this
Heaven is not a state of mind nor is resurrection they are literal and real.
but only those that repent forsake sin and are reborn by the HOLY SPIRT believing in JESUS CHRIST as LORD and SAVIOUR and living in obedence to him will have eternal life in heaven.

UnityNow101

GOD has allowed me to know this
Heaven is not a state of mind nor is resurrection they are literal and real.
but only those that repent forsake sin and are reborn by the HOLY SPIRT believing in JESUS CHRIST as LORD and SAVIOUR and living in obedence to him will have eternal life in heaven.

If you have found that to be the case within your own life, then that is wonderful.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Religion isn't just about a mythology. It also entails philosophy, culture, moral obligations, music, literature...

If nothing else, religion is very enjoyable.

So why care about religion can be synonymous with why care about books? (in general)

drs

How did your god allow you to know that?

Because before I was ever born I was chosen to believe in and serve him.
Just over 4 years ago I was reborn by the HOLY SPIRT after living the live of a heathen.

Romans 8

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

drs

And if heaven is not the ultimate goal?

the ultimate goal for me is to serve the will of GOD with all obedence and devotion with all my love and soul with a humble heart knowing that without him I would have no life no purpose a truly meaningless existence.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
the ultimate goal for me is to serve the will of GOD with all obedence and devotion with all my love and soul with a humble heart knowing that without him I would have no life no purpose a truly meaningless existence.

Great. I wish you well on that task.

You haven't answered my question.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
God does not exist. Not as a deity anyways. But I do believe in "animate" energy which is that which comprises all things that naturally exist, and has always been and always will be. It is far greater than any man-conceived God. To worship and believe in idols such as God, Satan, Jesus, and The Cross is not necessary for me. To me they are false. Jesus was a real person and a bearer of great wisdom, but Jesus was never the Son of God. Jesus just wanted to be heard, not put on a pedestal to be worshiped. Religion is a path to follow for those who can't find their own.