• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are your favorite comedians?

Who are your favorite comedians?

• Total voters
For stand up:
Soupy Sales, Garrison Keillor, Woody Allen, Johnny Carson, Steve Martin

For acting roles:
John Cleese, Leslie Nielsen, Ed O'neill, Christina Applegate, Harry Shearer

These lists are not comprehensive.....memory issues, you know.
For physical humor I would add red skelton, the three stooges and laurel & hardy.

I cannot imagine a list of comedians that does not include Robin Williams. Williams is in a class by himself and the others are very, very far behind.

I remember a long time ago when John Cleese was voted the funniest man on earth and he was interviewed by Time, I think. Cleese said he was very surprised by the award and related a story about how Robin Williams had joined the Monty Python regulars in their hotel suite in London. Cleese explained that before too long, Williams had them all captivated... if not a bit stunned.

2nd to Williams... must be Jonathan Winters. They are, by far, the funniest people on the planet, at this point in time... in my opinion. Again, other comedians are light years away from either of these two. I am sure, if you interviewed each of the people on the list, that they too would agree with my sentiments.

I guess why I love Williams is because my sense of humor is very similar. In real life, I am sort of like a "Robin Williams Lite" and have been told on numerous occasions that I should seriously consider doing stand-up comedy.
I like that you included Jonathan Winters. He's always had me "captivated" as well :)

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..

gnostic

The Lost One
not in any specific order:

groucho marx & co
abbott & constello
john cleese
robin william
stephen fry
rowan atkinson (in Black Adder and Mr Bean)
michael crawford (Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em)